Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #180 on: February 11, 2016, 04:16:02 PM »
Point! But that was a long term effect and after half the country had been occupied by the Russians for years and most of their cities had been reduced to rubble.
From an outsiders point of view there are few if any American cities that wouldn't benefit from this, but as a local is it a risk you want to take, you will get to wear a uniform for a while, but it won't be up to standards of the Hugo Boss designed ones the Nazi's had, probably some Hilfiger nightmare. The plus point would be that there would be a great coming together of white, black and Hispanic,... as you languish together in Chinese concentration camps.

It took the entire planet a decade to stop Hitler. How long do you think it will take to stop God-Emperor Trump?

Also this:

« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 04:54:11 PM by Rushy »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 11, 2016, 07:48:30 PM »
Something I realized: Trump supporters want what they claim Obama is doing now.

Hear me out.
They want someone who lies (Trump has lied)
They want someone who will do things no matter what. (Who needs congressional approval)
They want someone with no political experience (A cry in 2008 was Obama having no real experience)
They want someone arrogant, vein, selfish, greedy, and good at making backroom deals. (This is Trump summarized)
They want someone who will fail at foreign policy (Trump would start WW3)
They want someone who will make oil many times more expensive in the US. (When you insult muslims, you insult OPEC, and right now, they're crashing the oil market so you bet they can raise it up.  See the 1970s oil embargo)
They want a racist.
They want someone who will disregard the law and constitution at his leisure.  (So long as its not against me)

So, Tump supporters want the Obama image they see as their leader. 

I also predjct a Trump presidency will have more executive orders than Obama.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 11, 2016, 09:11:57 PM »
Dave summarily proved Trump will be as good a president as Obama is.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 11, 2016, 09:28:42 PM »
They want someone who lies (Trump has lied)

No more than Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders.

They want someone who will do things no matter what. (Who needs congressional approval)
They want someone with no political experience (A cry in 2008 was Obama having no real experience)

So you acknowledge that he's never held public office, but you also claim to know what he will do in public office based on no precedence whatsoever. Fascinating.

They want someone arrogant, vein, selfish, greedy, and good at making backroom deals. (This is Trump summarized)

Trump is the only candidate who's not lining his pockets with massive campaign contributions. He's the only candidate placing himself and his agenda before the money. How is that selfish or greedy?

They want someone who will fail at foreign policy (Trump would start WW3)

Trump would have by far the best relations with Russia out of any of the candidates, and his experience with international trade makes him more qualified than any other candidate.

They want someone who will make oil many times more expensive in the US. (When you insult muslims, you insult OPEC, and right now, they're crashing the oil market so you bet they can raise it up.  See the 1970s oil embargo)

There's no reason to believe this is remotely true. Trump's interests in curbing terrorism more or less align with OPEC's.

They want a racist.

Trump has never stated anything that would suggest he is a racist, and any claims to that effect are nothing but pure slander.

They want someone who will disregard the law and constitution at his leisure.  (So long as its not against me)

Again, there's no precedence for Trump disregarding the law or the constitution in public office.

So, Tump supporters want the Obama image they see as their leader. 

I also predjct a Trump presidency will have more executive orders than Obama.

Cool story.

I give this liberal shame-rhetoric a PolitiFact™ rating of Mostly True™.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 11, 2016, 09:56:32 PM »
Point! But that was a long term effect and after half the country had been occupied by the Russians for years and most of their cities had been reduced to rubble.
From an outsiders point of view there are few if any American cities that wouldn't benefit from this, but as a local is it a risk you want to take, you will get to wear a uniform for a while, but it won't be up to standards of the Hugo Boss designed ones the Nazi's had, probably some Hilfiger nightmare. The plus point would be that there would be a great coming together of white, black and Hispanic,... as you languish together in Chinese concentration camps.

It took the entire planet a decade to stop Hitler. How long do you think it will take to stop God-Emperor Trump?

To stop the God-Emperor!

There are similarities, but there are some major differences. Both twisted populists but one was a gifted orator  "What luck for rulers that men do not think" never truer than now, but Trump? He gets an audience member to say that Ted Cruz is a pussy.
Hitler had an organised cadre of supporters all singing the same song, Trump is a one man band. Hitler was able to unite a country, largely through fear and terror, Trump will split America open. Germany new what war meant, Americans play at war, it's remote controlled, it's Hollywood and call of duty.
He will be stopped, hopefully Americans love of shooting each other will see to it first, otherwise there may not be an awful lot left when it's done.

Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2016, 10:24:15 PM »
What is it with lefties and rushing into apocalyptic scenarios? I don't like Trump either, but I strongly doubt he's going to suddenly fuck the world up.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #186 on: February 11, 2016, 10:42:11 PM »
What is it with lefties and rushing into apocalyptic scenarios? I don't like Trump either, but I strongly doubt he's going to suddenly fuck the world up.

There was a ton of similar nonsense from the right when Obama won reelection.  No political faction has a monopoly on goofy doomsaying.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 11, 2016, 10:52:44 PM »
Right-wingers accused Obama of planning to start WW3? Could you show me some examples of that? I mean, I'm sure there was a fringe somewhere out there, but I strongly doubt you could compare that to the Trump doomsayers.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 11, 2016, 10:58:23 PM »

Ah! but it is so much fun.

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 11, 2016, 11:01:04 PM »
Jura, lay off the whiskey, you're starting to lose it.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #190 on: February 11, 2016, 11:05:36 PM »
Right-wingers accused Obama of planning to start WW3? Could you show me some examples of that? I mean, I'm sure there was a fringe somewhere out there, but I strongly doubt you could compare that to the Trump doomsayers.

I don't know about a world war specifically, but there was plenty of gibberish about concentration camps, the economy collapsing, and, uh, the literal apocalypse:

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2015/01/01/3607416/4-things-2015-obama-reelected/

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2015/01/20/two-years-after-apocalyptic-predictions-related-obama-presidency-life-goes

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 11, 2016, 11:36:27 PM »
Right, don't take me wrong, but left-wing media claiming that the right said something isn't exactly all that convincing.

In Trump's case, we have gems like this plastered across seemingly "normal" (i.e. not considered radical) liberal media. I think a fair comparison would be Fox News putting out a feature on Obama's concentration camps on their front page, for example.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 11, 2016, 11:45:24 PM »
Right, don't take me wrong, but left-wing media claiming that the right said something isn't exactly all that convincing.

In Trump's case, we have gems like this plastered across seemingly "normal" (i.e. not considered radical) liberal media. I think a fair comparison would be Fox News putting out a feature on Obama's concentration camps on their front page, for example.

This is just tangentially related, but if you're linking to archive.is, could you also provide the original source if it's available? Many people cannot access archive.is (including people from Finland like myself) as the site admin is a proponent of censorship.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 12, 2016, 01:11:49 AM »
In this particular case, I'm linking to an archived homepage of HuffPo featuring this:

The original is unavailable since the homepage has since changed :(

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 12, 2016, 02:48:03 AM »
In this particular case, I'm linking to an archived homepage of HuffPo featuring this:

The original is unavailable since the homepage has since changed :(

I admit it's a blaringly sensationalist headline, but do you really not think Trump has shown himself to be all three of those things?  Comparing it to talk of "Obama's concentration camps" (which I'm assuming don't actually exist in the real world, though you can correct me if I'm wrong) seems to go a bit on the deep end.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #195 on: February 12, 2016, 04:16:53 AM »

All right, are these sources acceptable, then?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/2012/11/14/market-selloff-after-obamas-re-election-no-accident-recession-coming/

http://www.businessinsider.com/marc-faber-obama-is-a-disaster-the-stock-market-should-have-fallen-50-and-you-should-buy-yourself-a-machine-gun-2012-11

http://www.newsmax.com/Outbrain/Limbaugh-doomed-Obama-re-elected/2012/09/11/id/451480/

Wait, are we talking about hysterical predictions of doom here, or just sensationalist ad hominem attacks?  I shouldn't have to provide an example of the side I'm criticizing endorsing a loony conspiracy theory if you're just providing an example of the side you're criticizing simply calling someone names.  And on that count, Fox has certainly made their fair share of silly personal attacks, my personal favorite being the time Sean Hannity implied Obama was a snob for putting Dijon mustard on his burger:

« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 05:55:25 PM by Saddam Hussein »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 12, 2016, 08:07:24 AM »
I don't have the time or energy to respond to Blanko except to say that my statements did indeed have exaggeration.  I'll try to back it up but no promises.

As for WW3, here's why I think that.

Trumo has made 2 statements that will cause international anger:
Make Mexico pay for a wall.
Ban all Muslims from entering America.

Mexico:
Mexico isn't going to pay for it.  Congress sure as hell won't either.  And just forcing the issue could easily casue Mexico to make trade more difficult.  In retaliation, Trump may try to suspend NAFTA in some way or close the southern border.  If Mexico stands firm, it could hurt the US economic sector that relies on "Made in Mexico." In response and to avoid looking weak, Trump threatens military action. Mexico calls the bluff.  Trump invades.

Great excuse to attack the US.  (Attacking an Ally)

Middle East:
Ban on muslims creates uproar in many nations, most notably Middle Eastern.  OPEC responds with another oil Embargo.  The fracking wells and tar sand wells have been devistated by the low price so they'll take time to ramp back up.  Frustration and demand for action would prompt Trump to launch an attack.  A show of force to prove America is Great.

Far fetched?  Maybe.  But so is alot of things until they happen.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 12, 2016, 09:01:08 AM »

But Seriously folks!

If “violence is the last refuge of the incompetent” where else has he got to go? If the population of the USA proves itself dumber than it looks and he does get in, his supporters, dragged along by hate speak and bar room rhetoric, are going to expect him to back up his promises on having the biggest army on earth and not taking shit from no one, his ability to bluster a deal using leverage in corporate America (4 times bankrupt?). Doesn’t make him a match for Putin and his team of KGB trained manipulators or the Chinese hierarchy where political survival can be a life or death struggle, the antithesis of “speak softly and carry a big stick” he will swagger around until someone gives him a bloody nose, then where?

Now where’s the Whiskey?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 12, 2016, 10:04:09 AM »
On the other side, the DNC seems to hate Sanders.

http://usuncut.com/news/the-dnc-superdelegates-just-screwed-over-bernie-sanders-and-spit-in-the-faces-of-voters/

Anyone else think Clinton is the favored candidate?  I mean, O'Malley didn't even get a headline until he quit.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 12, 2016, 01:46:26 PM »
Even if the US actually invaded Mexico the most we'd ever get is a stern warning letter from the UN. No country on the planet can afford to sanction us, no country on the planet can afford to go to war with us. Welcome to globalism.