Offline somerled

• View Profile
Re: Question about the Ice Wall
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2020, 12:38:18 PM »
The discussion isn't about reaching the pole or climbing mountains is it ? Lemon springs to mind

That expedition was a government sponsored scientific expedition which circumnavigated Antarctica over a period of four years . Read the link, there's some interesting info on the geomagnetic field and its several poles .

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2020, 09:39:48 AM »
The thread is about the Ice Wall. The Wiki says:

Along the edge of our local area exists a massive 150 foot Ice Wall. The 150 foot Ice Wall is on the coast of Antarctica. The Ice Wall is a massive wall of ice that surrounds Antarctica

and says

Beyond the 150 foot Ice Wall is anyone's guess. How far the ice extends; how it terminates; and what exists beyond it, are questions to which no present human experience can reply.

But that's based on explorations in the mid 19th century. Why are you ignoring everything that has happened since. Now you can apply for a job in Antarctica

https://www.bas.ac.uk/jobs/jobs-in-antarctica/

Or go right to the South Pole itself, if you have the money

https://www.polar-quest.com/trips/antarctica/fly-to-the-south-pole-20192020
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2020, 10:11:09 AM »
But that's based on explorations in the mid 19th century. Why are you ignoring everything that has happened since. Now you can apply for a job in Antarctica

We aren't. The fact that you can stand on the Ice Wall or even go to an arbitrary place of religious significance to some people doesn't change anything about the extent of the frozen wastelands.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2020, 11:52:16 AM »

We aren't. The fact that you can stand on the Ice Wall or even go to an arbitrary place of religious significance to some people doesn't change anything about the extent of the frozen wastelands.
Recently Antartica has become quite a well mapped location, the size and shape known. But in order to be a wall around flat earth surface, the coast would need to be several times bigger than what's seen. I'd be curious on your thoughts about this, as Antarctica has been visually mapped from the sky. Ignoring the blind spot in the middle where the pole is, do you think this is some kind of lie or physical visual distortion? I'm specifically talking about the shape here.

https://www.zmescience.com/ecology/climate/map-antarctica-detail-423/
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

Offline somerled

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2020, 12:01:46 PM »
The thread is about the Ice Wall. The Wiki says:

Along the edge of our local area exists a massive 150 foot Ice Wall. The 150 foot Ice Wall is on the coast of Antarctica. The Ice Wall is a massive wall of ice that surrounds Antarctica

and says

Beyond the 150 foot Ice Wall is anyone's guess. How far the ice extends; how it terminates; and what exists beyond it, are questions to which no present human experience can reply.

https://www.bas.ac.uk/jobs/jobs-in-antarctica/

https://www.polar-quest.com/trips/antarctica/fly-to-the-south-pole-20192020

In 1979 I was about to take up a post in Antarctica as a maintenance engineer - six months contract - thought it would a great place to work and study (Open University) . Wife fell pregnant , put paid to that idea , and life took
a different course .

I tend to "cherry pick" real scientific work and observation rather than basic wiki or theoretical shoite designed to bamboozle the easily bamboozled .

Why anyone would want to pay a lot of dosh to be chaperoned to a barber pole stuck in the snow pretending to be "Thee South Pole" is beyond me .

Read the link and see the interesting discussions on the magnetic poles .There is a reason for the Antarctic treaty and it isn't concern for the environment .

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2020, 12:15:24 PM »
Recently Antartica has become quite a well mapped location
Meh. It's a claim that kinda-sorta fits observations, much like most of RET. If all you have to say is "RET exists!!!", then I really don't have much to say to you. Sure, it does.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2020, 12:26:40 PM »
Recently Antartica has become quite a well mapped location
Meh. It's a claim that kinda-sorta fits observations, much like most of RET. If all you have to say is "RET exists!!!", then I really don't have much to say to you. Sure, it does.
I think you may have taken my post as some kind of insult or form of angry rant, you know my position, I don't really need to be stating "RET exists!!!". I'm actually curious about how observations of a relatively small continent (relative to the rest of the globe earth) could be mistaken if the actual size and shape of the land is spanning around the entire (flat) earth, the article I linked to was specifically about an organization working to map and keep mapping the landscape, of which you can find data on their website including in the form of a map which I find really interesting to look at (the environment artist in me maybe);

https://livingatlas2.arcgis.com/antarcticdemexplorer/

mistaking a massive doughnut shaped ice wall for a much smaller blob continent would be hard to do IMO, which is why I'm curious about your thoughts. How could this have happened? with the all the data they've collected I'd be surprised they didn't come to the conclusion that it's a wall around the earth, were the earth flat.
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?