Offline Tron

• View Profile
Need help finding PHD Flat Earth thesis
« on: April 07, 2020, 12:08:00 AM »
Hi all,

I heard of a Muslim women publishing a 2017 Phd thesis with a subject like "The geocentric universe with a flat and young Earth."

Also a journal article thats maybe entitled

“physical and astronomical arguments” for geo-centrism (Earth being central and fixed in the universe).

Any help in helping me find these documents would be appreciated..!

From the surface Earth looks flat.  From space Earth looks round.  Now what?

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
Re: Need help finding PHD Flat Earth thesis
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 03:58:14 PM »
Hi all,

I heard of a Muslim women publishing a 2017 Phd thesis with a subject like "The geocentric universe with a flat and young Earth."

Also a journal article thats maybe entitled

“physical and astronomical arguments” for geo-centrism (Earth being central and fixed in the universe).

Any help in helping me find these documents would be appreciated..!

It was published by "The International Journal Of Science & Technoledge".

If you look up the publisher, they are classified as a fraudulent and predatory paper that will publish anything with no review if you pay them.

It was also retracted by the University, so it's no longer considered an actual valid paper.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160925142646/http://www.theijst.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/9.-ST1608-011.pdf

Some quotes from that paper to demonstrate the quality:

"Also, if the Earth spins around the Sun in 365 days, its velocity must be 108.000 Km/h, this value is 84 higher than the atmospheric sonic speed (1200 Km/h). Taking into account the atmosphere characteristics, a direct consequence of this velocity is to perceive a huge sound (sonic boom) caused by this motion."

The Earth should be producing a sonic boom?  There is so much wrong with that I can't even begin. And where the heck did that "84" come from?  108000-1200=106800. 108000/1200=90. I'm assuming she meant "90 times faster" and got the math wrong but who knows.

"In the hydrology science, water is maintained stable in lakes / rivers if there are not any atmospheric perturbations. The observation of
enormous water bodies stable conflict with the Earth motions. This reality reveals that Earth is steady."

This seems to be saying that the oceans and lakes should be moving if the Earth is spinning.  The Earth's spin does actually affect large ocean movements, but no a lake isn't going to sloshing out due to the Earth's spin.

The paper has been soundly debunked in a number of places, I won't go through the whole thing here.

Offline Tron

• View Profile
Re: Need help finding PHD Flat Earth thesis
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 01:18:01 AM »
Yeah, I've read this paper...  the poor English I ascribed to a poor translation.  Maybe English isn't her first language.

The arguments are typical flat earth arguments using a variety of observations that promote the flat and stationary model.  But some are unique and idea inspiring.

I enjoyed Her brief history of science and explained how the world went from geocentrism to heliocentrism and ought to go back again.
From the surface Earth looks flat.  From space Earth looks round.  Now what?