Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing To See Here (Maui)
« Reply #200 on: October 04, 2023, 04:35:18 AM »
oh hey, found it.

https://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/scene/metadata/full/5e81f14f59432a27/LC81661982023221LGN00/

10:25pm hawiian time, August 8, 2023.
The second image of the three is thermal.  You can see the fires up in the upper right.

Its very interesting: landsat 8 and 9 use different measurements for ascending and descending.  Most of the data comes from daytime, ascending, because duh... daytime imaging.  But when its descending, it'll sometimes takes images and scans.

And here's GEOS 18 for all day views. 
https://satlib.cira.colostate.edu/event/maui-wildfires/

Sorry it took me a few hours.  Its my first time researching historical satellite data.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 05:23:40 AM by Lord Dave »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Dual1ty

« Reply #201 on: October 04, 2023, 08:30:33 AM »
Oh you do not care about facts.  What you care about is supporting your narrative.  And absense of evidence is your evidence.  Hell, your first video post here is two guys looking at a destroyed car and going "Yeah, this is weird" despite having no actual experience with car fires.  They flat out have no idea what could have caused it so it must be a coverup/a weapon.  God forbid they interview fire experts.

Nope, that's you - and your narrative is always predictably the same: it's always the "large-scale conspiracies don't exist" narrative, "therefore there must be other explanation".

That would be fine if it didn't imply dismissing evidence and facts that don't suit that narrative. But, you must do that and you do do that and that and that tells me everything I need to know.

You're just here to perform a pathetic attempt at debunking and it's very obvious. Personally, I don't care because you're not a threat to anyone who -unlike you- does research. You are simply annoying like a fly that doesn't stop flying in my ear when I'm trying to focus on the research. Overall, you're just a time-waster - and that's really your "job" here even if you don't realize it yourself. But like a programmed bot, that's what you're here to do.

I already posted an interview with an expert and you didn't even attempt to touch that. I wonder why? That said, I really couldn't give a rat's ass what you think about it. You might think you know better than the expert or the fire experts that he talked about - well, you don't. For the most part, you have nothing to offer but your personal opinions and personal opinions don't matter to me - especially not yours.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 08:36:35 AM by Dual1ty »

Dual1ty

« Reply #202 on: October 04, 2023, 08:39:22 AM »
oh hey, found it.

https://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/scene/metadata/full/5e81f14f59432a27/LC81661982023221LGN00/

The second image of the three is thermal.  You can see the fires up in the upper right.

Its very interesting: landsat 8 and 9 use different measurements for ascending and descending.  Most of the data comes from daytime, ascending, because duh... daytime imaging.  But when its descending, it'll sometimes takes images and scans.

Sorry it took me a few hours.  Its my first time researching historical satellite data.

Some BS you found... You can't see shit. The whole fire is just a few orange pixels and you can't even see any buildings. The fuck is this.

I'm not even going to mention the other gray trash that you posted.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 08:56:17 AM by Dual1ty »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 04, 2023, 09:25:49 AM »
oh hey, found it.

Some BS you found... You can't see shit. The whole fire is just a few orange pixels and you can't even see any buildings. The fuck is this.

I'm not even going to mention the other gray trash that you posted.

And there's the moving goalpost.
You don't understand what you're looking at so it must be shit.  Nevermind its literally what you said doesn't exist.  And now you bitch because an image taken from orbit can't see people's houses? Its not a spy sattelite, its a research sattelite.  Its job is not to identify which houses are currently burning.  No wonder you can't find evidence: your expectations are too high.  You think this is the movies where some hightech imaging sattelite is always pointed at whatever you want to see?  No one but the army has that and they aren't gonna make any of those pictures public.l even if they pointed it at hawaii.

And the video about such images would have shown the same thing.  The 'missing pictures' are all from research sattelites.  That is literally as good as it gets for anyone until you put in drones, high altitude planes and maybe there's a higher resolution satelite.  Maybe a higher resolution image.  But I didn't get that.  Thats not the data offered.  I don't have the raws. (Except that first one which you don'tseem to even understand what it is.  Its  near IR spectrum.)

I'll have to look at whichever video has this fire expert and see what it says.  Feel free to tel me which one.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Dual1ty

« Reply #204 on: October 04, 2023, 10:09:23 AM »
You don't understand what you're looking at so it must be shit.  Nevermind its literally what you said doesn't exist.  And now you bitch because an image taken from orbit can't see people's houses? Its not a spy sattelite, its a research sattelite.  Its job is not to identify which houses are currently burning.  No wonder you can't find evidence: your expectations are too high.  You think this is the movies where some hightech imaging sattelite is always pointed at whatever you want to see?  No one but the army has that and they aren't gonna make any of those pictures public.l even if they pointed it at hawaii.

And the video about such images would have shown the same thing.  The 'missing pictures' are all from research sattelites.  That is literally as good as it gets for anyone until you put in drones, high altitude planes and maybe there's a higher resolution satelite.  Maybe a higher resolution image.  But I didn't get that.  Thats not the data offered.  I don't have the raws. (Except that first one which you don'tseem to even understand what it is.  Its  near IR spectrum.)

A bunch of orange pixels and some gray trash is useless for research purposes. But I already know you're not here to do any research.

By the way, I thought you said you would email that company Apollo Mapping (that was the whole point besides Maui not showing up in the weather images, remember?). How's that coming along?

You didn't even send that email, did you Dave? instead you offer some gray trash and some orange pixels... and you think that debunks what, exactly?

Also Dave, can you please provide evidence that https://satlib.cira.colostate.edu/event/maui-wildfires/ existed by the time the video about missing Maui in weather images was published (or even by the time I posted it here)? Thanks in advance, sweetheart.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 11:39:33 AM by Dual1ty »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 04, 2023, 10:05:38 PM »

A bunch of orange pixels and some gray trash is useless for research purposes. But I already know you're not here to do any research.

By the way, I thought you said you would email that company Apollo Mapping (that was the whole point besides Maui not showing up in the weather images, remember?). How's that coming along?
I got a very pleasant response.
What I wrote:
Hi,
I'm doing a study on fire spread in urban and suburban areas and your site came recommended for satellite imagery.  However, when doing the search for the 8th of August to the 9th of August (the UTC times for the fire) I was unable to find any images for the time period.
I'm also unable to determine what sat "PS" is as it does not appear in any of the satellite tracking databases.

Were there no available satellites in the area during the timeframe and can you help me find out the name of the Sat you designate as "PS"?

Thank you,

Their reply:
Hi David - yes it is likely we have nothing in high res from those two dates.  If you send me a KMZ polygon, I can verify it.

PS is 3-meter PlanetScope data.

I sent them the KMZ file.  Here is their reply.
No thermal data that we can offer.  No PS either.  We have these WV3 and GE1 images from 8/9:

https://imagehunter.apollomapping.com/search/791800e9faf64683a4ae6d293538f5be

The WV3 data will be better and more detailed.  The GE1 data was collected at a high off-nadir so it is ore of a side view.

So... there you go.  Nothing nasty, just a pleasant email saying that they don't have anything for that day.  It happens.

You didn't even send that email, did you Dave? instead you offer some gray trash and some orange pixels... and you think that debunks what, exactly?
That the images exist and there is no coverup to remove them all from existence.
I'm still trying to find out what YOU hope to achieve if you even got High definition images.  Like... what do you expect to see?  What would you look for to prove that it was some kind of weapon and not a fire that came as a result of a downed powerline?

Also Dave, can you please provide evidence that https://satlib.cira.colostate.edu/event/maui-wildfires/ existed by the time the video about missing Maui in weather images was published (or even by the time I posted it here)? Thanks in advance, sweetheart.

Apparently google has it dated August 22nd. 
I, of course, can't verify when the video was created only that it was uploaded on October 1st. 
So unless you wish to dispute google, I think this is sufficient evidence.

Dual1ty

« Reply #206 on: October 04, 2023, 10:54:09 PM »
Nothing nasty, just a pleasant email saying that they don't have anything for that day.

Why not?

Quote from: Lord Dave
It happens.

Does it?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 05, 2023, 04:10:17 AM »
Nothing nasty, just a pleasant email saying that they don't have anything for that day.

Why not?
I didn't ask but presumably the PlanetScope satelite, which is the most frequent visitor to that area, was not passing over at the time.  The 8th isn't the only day missing out of the year, after all.

Quote from: Lord Dave
It happens.

Does it?
Well think of it this way.
If you're right and this is a giant coverup for some new weapon that can destroy towns via not-normal fire, why would you schedule it on a day when the European Space Agency will have a satellite overhead?  Or any satellite with high resolution imaging capabilities?

One does not use a secret weapon when everyone is watching.

But yes, go take the dates from January 1-September 30.  You'll find several missing days.  The site does not even host all US government satellite imagery.  (Likely due to not being allowed to sell them)

Now please, stop avoiding my very simple question: what would you even look for in a satellite image or images?  How would you know what is normal and what is not?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 09, 2023, 10:20:06 PM »
I want to quickly toucb on something that i was reminded of in another thread.

A conspiracy to buy destroyed land cheap and build high price homes/condos is plasable and has happened.  While I have only seen angry people yelling as evidence of this (so no evidence) its not impossible.  I could even be convinced that they hired the police chief they did and brought him in on the scheme, tho you'd need compelling evidence of that.

But i digress.  My issue is not the motivation or potential one of the local government.  My issue is that it requires some kind of directed energy weapon powered by a hurricane's vortex enervy to make it work.  Its alot of work and risk of discovery and money just to do what a can of gasoline, an EV, and a match can do. Like buying a leaf blower just to blow out some birthday.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 27, 2024, 12:15:56 PM »
Necro!

So I got bored and looked further into how things went.

Long story short: Predatory buying was made illegal and anyone who tried (developers, rich people, etc..) are being investigated.

Almost everyone kept their property unless they decided to sell locally.

So... Project Bluebeam seems to have been a failure by the rich to get cheap land.