Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Movies & Comics General
« Reply #760 on: April 23, 2018, 05:57:42 PM »
I'm going to imagine probably because it's popular and enjoyed?
It's shit.  A total joke.

Like they had one episode where the teen titans ate so much food their bellies got super big and Cyborg and Beast-boy's bellies became sentient and took over their bodies, eating all the food so they could grow bigger.

I'm sorry but if that's popular enough to get a movie, America is one fucked up country.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 24, 2018, 06:08:24 AM »

Like they had one episode where the teen titans ate so much food their bellies got super big and Cyborg and Beast-boy's bellies became sentient and took over their bodies, eating all the food so they could grow bigger.

I'm sorry but if that's popular enough to get a movie, America is one fucked up country.

Keep in mind that Teen Titans GO! is a children's show, so you may not be the target audience.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 24, 2018, 10:24:46 AM »

Keep in mind that Teen Titans GO! is a children's show, so you may not be the target audience.
I watchalot of kids shows.  I have a 3 year old.
Target audience or not, it's shit.  It's random, unexplained hijinks for no reason than to make fart jokes.  It's crass, low brow humor with no characters keeping any consistency.  Even SpongeBob is a better show.  Hell, Ren & Stimpy was better, and that made almost no sense.  But at least it was segmented without pretending to have consistency between segments.

I can't believe the first cartoon was canceled in favor of that garbage.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #763 on: April 24, 2018, 03:36:03 PM »

I watchalot of kids shows.  I have a 3 year old.
Target audience or not, it's shit.  It's random, unexplained hijinks for no reason than to make fart jokes.  It's crass, low brow humor with no characters keeping any consistency.  Even SpongeBob is a better show.  Hell, Ren & Stimpy was better, and that made almost no sense.  But at least it was segmented without pretending to have consistency between segments.

I can't believe the first cartoon was canceled in favor of that garbage.

It is not a show for a 3 yr old, it is for a 6-8 year old.  Wait until fart jokes are the epitome of humor, it's a thing that kids go through and I highly recommend you embrace it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 24, 2018, 03:43:57 PM »
It is not a show for a 3 yr old, it is for a 6-8 year old.  Wait until fart jokes are the epitome of humor, it's a thing that kids go through and I highly recommend you embrace it.

I am aware.
I/we watch shows that are not just for 3 yr olds.  We both watch My Little Pony.  (Shush)

Look, my issue isnt that the fart jokes are bad cause fart jokes.  My issue is that they take the Teen Titans and turn them into a bunch of bumbling idiots dealing with stupid problems with no writing worth a damn.  Like they have a random word generator to determine a plot:

"Belly... fat... living"
"Puppet... wizard... souls...."

It just ... its bad.  Its really bad writing.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: April 24, 2018, 08:47:55 PM »
Don't you ever like to just turn your brain off and enjoy a little silliness once in a while for its own sake, Dave? I enjoy Teen Titans GO! pretty much because it's so silly and random. You're entitled to your opinion that it's poorly written but that's really all it is. Just because it's your opinion doesn't make it right.

And making statements like "Even SpongeBob's a better show!" doesn't really suggest you're as in tune with kids' tastes as you seem to think you are. Just saying.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 08:49:55 PM by Roundy »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 25, 2018, 05:07:20 AM »
Don't you ever like to just turn your brain off and enjoy a little silliness once in a while for its own sake, Dave? I enjoy Teen Titans GO! pretty much because it's so silly and random. You're entitled to your opinion that it's poorly written but that's really all it is. Just because it's your opinion doesn't make it right.

And making statements like "Even SpongeBob's a better show!" doesn't really suggest you're as in tune with kids' tastes as you seem to think you are. Just saying.

I turn my brain off in other ways.
And yes, it is my opinion and its strong.  Maybe because I liked the other cartoon.  Or because its just one of those things that pushes my buttons.

Either way, we can leave it at that: personal taste.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 25, 2018, 05:42:16 AM »
Lord Dave just hates fun.
The Mastery.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 25, 2018, 08:09:48 AM »
Lord Dave just hates fun.
Not true.  I love fun.  You all just wrong about what's fun.

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 25, 2018, 09:11:49 AM »
Imagine being a grown man and getting this upset about children's cartoons.

P.S.: FromSoftware should definitely make Belly Fat Living Puppet Wizard Souls.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 25, 2018, 11:34:28 AM »
Imagine being a grown man and getting this upset about children's cartoons.

P.S.: FromSoftware should definitely make Belly Fat Living Puppet Wizard Souls.
Imagine being a father and getting this upset at what your children and their friends watch, knowing it will shape and influence their minds for the next few years, if not longer.

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 25, 2018, 02:49:09 PM »
Imagine being a father and getting this upset at what your children and their friends watch, knowing it will shape and influence their minds for the next few years, if not longer.
You can't control what they watch at their friends' houses, but you can control what they watch at home. I don't want to tell anyone how to raise their kids, but it seems like there's a pretty obvious solution if you don't approve of what they're watching on your TV.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 25, 2018, 03:23:04 PM »
You can't control what they watch at their friends' houses, but you can control what they watch at home. I don't want to tell anyone how to raise their kids, but it seems like there's a pretty obvious solution if you don't approve of what they're watching on your TV.

True, but I can still weep for society.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 26, 2018, 02:40:10 AM »
I hated the first Titans show. The faux-anime style and music really irritated me. In other news, the trailer for Venom has come out, and it looks hilariously awful:

Tom Hardy embracing his inner Cage is the only thing that promises to be entertaining here. I am here for his latest ridiculous voice, slovenly appearance, and goofy faces.

ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Cain

• This is the line of division.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 26, 2018, 08:07:43 AM »
I hated the first Titans show. The faux-anime style and music really irritated me. In other news, the trailer for Venom has come out, and it looks hilariously awful:

Tom Hardy embracing his inner Cage is the only thing that promises to be entertaining here. I am here for his latest ridiculous voice, slovenly appearance, and goofy faces.

That looks like it's going to be complete trash.
You just made my list, buddy.  >:(
this world does not have room for another mind as intelligent as yours.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 27, 2018, 05:58:52 AM »
Saw Avengers. Go see it. Also post credit spoiler

Captain Marvel

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 29, 2018, 02:18:35 PM »
Infinity War is some good shit right there mmhmmm good shit.

Rama Set

« Reply #777 on: April 29, 2018, 06:53:46 PM »

Real good shit.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 29, 2018, 08:05:08 PM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/04/29/avengers-infinity-war-destroys-box-office-records-with-630m-global-bow/#5960942739b0

Estimated $630 million global box office. It's now the highest grossing US domestic and global movie, ever. I'm gonna go watch it again cause like I said:

Rama Set

« Reply #779 on: April 29, 2018, 08:50:47 PM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/04/29/avengers-infinity-war-destroys-box-office-records-with-630m-global-bow/#5960942739b0

Estimated $630 million global box office. It's now the highest grossing US domestic and global movie, ever. I'm gonna go watch it again cause like I said:

Real good shit.