« Reply #661 on: November 30, 2017, 09:25:22 PM »
You think WB is selling?

If the price is right why not? 

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Movies & Comics General
« Reply #662 on: December 01, 2017, 03:16:41 PM »
DC makes WB (or Time Warner in general, whatever) a lot of money even without the movies. TV shows, video games, merchandising, etc. They almost certainly won't even license out the film rights, just because the possibility of turning it into a box office juggernaut still exists. Just look at Fox still stubbornly clinging onto the Fantastic Four rights.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 01, 2017, 04:03:52 PM »
DC makes WB (or Time Warner in general, whatever) a lot of money even without the movies. TV shows, video games, merchandising, etc. They almost certainly won't even license out the film rights, just because the possibility of turning it into a box office juggernaut still exists. Just look at Fox still stubbornly clinging onto the Fantastic Four rights.

Plus they had Wonderwoman.  It proves they CAN have a hit, if they copy Marvel from the start.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #664 on: December 01, 2017, 06:05:28 PM »
If it were me, I would cut Snyder loose. That should solve a bunch of their problems right away. Next is directing their development execs to chill the fuck out.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 02, 2017, 03:16:08 PM »

Plus they had Wonderwoman.  It proves they CAN have a hit, if they copy Marvel from the start.

They really didn't copy Marvel. They just made a solid, self-contained movie that was neither drowning in grimdark nihilism nor up its own ass about how clever it supposedly was. Also:

https://www.thewrap.com/justice-league-zack-snyder-batman-v-superman-wonder-woman/

The time I would have lol'd at this has passed. It's just sad now.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 04:48:33 AM by honk »

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 02, 2017, 03:31:22 PM »
It's not funny but it makes for a more interesting and entertaining saga than any of their movies. It's like a long, slow train wreck.

I didn't even know about Cavill's digitally altered face. How embarrassing.

Have they considered rebooting everything ( except maybe Wonder Woman, which they could get away with without it being weird since her movies stand on their own)? Just scrapping what they've done and starting over? Or do they feel they've invested too much in the"story" so far for that to be feasible?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 03:35:39 PM by Roundy »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 05, 2017, 04:55:43 AM »
If they were too stubborn to fire Snyder after BvS, then no, they're almost certainly not seriously considering rebooting the franchise. I'm not sure I really want them to at this point, though. If something in a previous movie stops them from telling a good story now, they can just quietly retcon it. I think they already have, actually. A minor issue that I had with BvS, one that I haven't talked about here before, is the in-universe public perception of Batman. This dude has been operating for twenty years in Gotham, he's a seasoned veteran who's already fought some of his worst enemies, there's even a Batsignal - and yet the police are openly hostile towards him, the papers report on him like this is the first time they've ever heard of him, and the public see him as something of an urban legend. It doesn't make sense. You can't have a veteran Batman who's still in the phase of his career where he's making a splash and shaking up the establishment. And I honestly think that Snyder and/or Goyer took this approach because they wanted to have an "edgy" Batman who clashed with the police instead of helping them out, and also because Batman was frequently in conflict with the police in TDKR too (albeit for very different reasons).

It was a dumb idea, and one that JL pivots away from immediately. Far from being hunted in dreary warehouses by trigger-happy cops, Batman is well known to the Gotham police and has his traditional relationship with Gordon. It's a much better interpretation than, well, this:

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 05, 2017, 07:12:10 PM »
I'll never not love that scene.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Rama Set

« Reply #669 on: December 05, 2017, 11:57:27 PM »
I'll never not love that scene.

Yeah. It’s the most primal I have ever seen Batman depicted. I love it.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 06, 2017, 09:39:05 PM »
He looks retarded. He's so big (or the room is so small) that clinging to the corner isn't even hiding him at all. He might as well have just been standing right there.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 07, 2017, 09:18:54 AM »
He looks retarded. He's so big (or the room is so small) that clinging to the corner isn't even hiding him at all. He might as well have just been standing right there.

Yeah, it's like they wanted to do the awesome gargoyle-swinging bits from the Arkham games but the room  with the high roofs and criss-crossing girders wasn't available so they had to settle for this.

Rama Set

« Reply #672 on: December 08, 2017, 12:53:15 AM »
I went to see Justice League and it was not as bad as I expected.  I agree now that that gif of the Flash was as bad as it was made out to be, but other than that, and the first video of superman, I had no issues with the CG.  I generally liked the story as a popcorn movie quality movie, and there was a lot of moments that I exceeded my expectations.  I thought all of the story with superman was good, and particularly the moments with Lois Lane, and the fight with the rest of the JL.  I really disliked the Flash.  He was badly written and badly acted, but everyone else did well.  Overall, I think it probably warranted the Rotten Tomatoes rating it received: 40% from critics, 81% from audience.  It makes me think a reboot is unnecessary and that they can right the ship with future projects.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 08, 2017, 04:44:01 AM »
Yeah, it's like they wanted to do the awesome gargoyle-swinging bits from the Arkham games but the room  with the high roofs and criss-crossing girders wasn't available so they had to settle for this.

Dull settings are more realistic, after all.

moar drama:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/dc-films-justice-league-1202632214/

Warner Bros.’ corporate leaders at Time Warner support the moves and are said to be unhappy with the financial performance of [JL]...With a budget reported to be as high as $300 million, it represents an expensive bet. After three weeks of release, it has managed to gross $570.3 million worldwide. In contrast, the first “Avengers” film racked up $1.5 billion.

Yeah, I'd be unhappy with that too.

Time Warner is said to be frustrated that Warner Bros. leaders continue to bring the director back, especially after “Batman v Superman” was excoriated by critics even though it made money.

WB's faith in Snyder continues to perplex. Somehow they must have got it in their heads that he was the next best thing to Nolan and deserved just as much artistic freedom with a franchise potentially worth billions as him. I won't begrudge him getting the job for MoS (although I personally wasn't in favor of it), but they absolutely should have replaced him in the face of that movie's relative underperformance and mixed critical reception.

While Ben Affleck is expected to appear as Batman in a standalone Flash movie, it is highly unlikely he will don the cape and cowl in Matt Reeves’ planned standalone Batman movie. The director is said to want to cast the role with fresh talent, according to sources.

Fresh talent, and also a face that won't remind viewers of the two shitty movies leading into this one. Or maybe Reeves just wants to tell one of the countless Batman stories that could only have taken place earlier in his career. It's almost as if introducing Batman with a story that was always meant to indicate the end of his career was a really stupid idea!

Rama Set

« Reply #674 on: December 08, 2017, 01:55:08 PM »
If they recast batman, they will have to reboot the whole thing and that will suck. I can’t believe that WB wants to keep on with these movies. I can’t believe Snyder wants to keep on with these movies. There must be some seriously out of control egos steering their respective ships. Either that or Snyder has blackmailed someone?

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: December 09, 2017, 01:30:37 AM »
There was a brief rumour that Jake Gyllenhaal would be Batman in Matt Reeves' movie(s?) and I think that's the only casting choice I'd be gung-ho for, because Jake Gyllenhaal.

Rama Set

« Reply #676 on: December 09, 2017, 05:53:56 PM »
There was a brief rumour that Jake Gyllenhaal would be Batman in Matt Reeves' movie(s?) and I think that's the only casting choice I'd be gung-ho for, because Jake Gyllenhaal.

I like my Bruce Wayne’s waspier than Jake.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 09, 2017, 06:16:14 PM »
That's fine, in this case I'm talking about myself when I say "I".

Rama Set

« Reply #678 on: December 09, 2017, 07:36:24 PM »
That's fine, in this case I'm talking about myself when I say "I".

Like what I like or gtfo

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 14, 2017, 05:57:26 AM »
If they recast batman, they will have to reboot the whole thing and that will suck.

I honestly think that all they'd have to do is downplay the idea that this Bruce is at the end of his rope and entirely burned-out, and they could keep going with a slightly younger and hopefully far more enthusiastic actor. I agree with you that a reboot would suck, as would a prequel, because WB would no doubt decide that the problem with their last two movies was that they were out of their comfort zone with Batman, and therefore the new movie should be a return to the pseudo-realism of Nolan's movies where Batman fights street thugs in a boring, generic city.