The purpose
« on: November 08, 2020, 03:10:05 PM »
Hello to everyone in the society. As an outside observer of this phenomenon, I would appreciate if you could dedicate a couple of minutes to these concerns of mine.

Initial assumption: As many of you, I don't really understand the scientific grounds on which most of the technology I use works. I don't know how my cell phone works, I don't understand how a weather forecast is made, I know very little about train or plane travels. Nevertheless, I need all those things (and many others) for my daily life, and the people who made them insist on one point: all the science they use to make the technology work is based on the scientific assumption of a spherical Earth.

Therefore my main question is: What would be the practical effect of the acceptance of the Flat Earth theory? If the Earth is not round, but the technology works when built upon this belief, what is the point of denying it?

This main question has many partial questions inside: Is it a lie that most of the technology we need is built upon the scientific theory of the round Earth? Would the laws of nature work the same if the Earth was flat? If yes, what is the purpose of demonstrating one thing or another? Would the science develop faster if the theory of a flat Earth was taken into account? How?

Thank you in advance for your answers,
Daniel

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: The purpose
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 04:06:50 PM »
As many of you, I don't really understand the scientific grounds on which most of the technology I use works. I don't know how my cell phone works, I don't understand how a weather forecast is made, I know very little about train or plane travels.
Sounds like an extremely sad existence to lead. I can understand not knowing everything in extreme detail, but if you don't understand how the basic systems and phenomena surrounding you work, perhaps you should work on that before getting on others' cases? The same process will also address most of your questions in this thread.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume