The Real Mars Sky Video
« on: February 26, 2019, 02:03:48 AM »
Hello,

I was reading through "The Conspiracy" section of the Wiki and looking through the evidence section and I think there's an issue with one piece of evidence. Please don't take this as an attempt to disprove anything. I'm just looking for you to have the best evidence.

NASA faking colors of the Martian Sky.

You can see that the photo in question is the desktop of the Apple computer. You can see the dock at the bottom of the screen. This video doesn't suggest that NASA was trying to pass off this photo as a photo of Mars. It's very plausible that this is a personal photo of sand dunes here on Earth and there wasn't an attempt to convey otherwise. But, okay, let's look a this from another possibility. Say this actually is a photo of Mars taken from a rover and this man edited the photo to have a blue sky and sand colored dunes. People often use creative inspiration for their desktop backgrounds and this has nothing to do with scientific evidence for anything. It's just art. Fantasy. And I think that's fair.

If the video were to show NASA trying to pass off this photo as a Martian photo, then okay, good video, good evidence, keep it up. But it does not.

I suggest that this video be taken off the Wiki as it doesn't actually prove anything and just makes the Wiki look weak.

Best,
huhWhat

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: The Real Mars Sky Video
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 06:51:55 PM »
That sounds pretty reasonable. The Conspiracy section has not been updated in a while and needs an overhaul.

manicminer

Re: The Real Mars Sky Video
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 09:25:36 AM »
With image processing software you can pretty much make anywhere look like anywhere else. False colour can be added to an image for aesthetic or technical reasons.