Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
NRA takes down video which sounds real
« on: June 30, 2016, 10:54:22 AM »
http://motherboard.vice.com/en_ca/read/nra-complaint-takes-down-38000-websites

Summary: Yes Men parody video is on a site published by surge.sh web publishing.
NRA sends legal stop notice.
All of surge.sh is shut down.

Now this is shit, obviously, but what of the parody's actual topic?  The NRA often talks of arming everyone so it seems to me that while its a parody, its an idea they should get behind: free guns for the poor.  Just imagine how much safer America would be if the homeless, poverty stricken, and ghetto stuck people were armed with firearms and bullets for free?

I think they should legitimately do this.  Then we can see how it affects crime. :)
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NRA takes down video which sounds real
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 09:53:22 PM »
I'm pretty sure most of America's ghetto's are riddled with bullets already.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 09:54:53 PM »
Yes but criminals with guns.
Imagine if it wasn't just the criminals with guns?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 09:57:36 PM »

I'd be interesting to see what happens if literally everyone in the ghetto had guns instead of just the gangs. We'll call it: The War for Chicago. The Battle of Detroit. The Flint Massacre.

Rama Set

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 10:13:51 PM »

I'd be interesting to see what happens if literally everyone in the ghetto had guns instead of just the gangs. We'll call it: The War for Chicago. The Battle of Detroit. The Flint Massacre.

No, it would literally make them the safest place on Earth.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 10:15:41 PM »

It might. They already have the worst murder rates in the country, might as well start dicking around to see if this changes things.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 11:02:37 PM »

It might. They already have the worst murder rates in the country, might as well start dicking around to see if this changes things.
Well... if most of the people died, that would make it pretty damn safe afterwards, right?

Offline Round fact

• Science and math over opinion
    • View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 04:19:45 PM »

Well... if most of the people died, that would make it pretty damn safe afterwards, right?

An armed society is a polite society.

Rama Set

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 05:27:06 PM »
As demonstrated in Dallas yesterday.

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2016, 08:05:46 PM »
As demonstrated in Dallas yesterday.

Only if the bad guys KNOW that people in crowd WILL shot back. Even better would be if the media and police and DC made heroes out those that fought back

Rama Set

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2016, 08:17:01 PM »
Only if the bad guys KNOW that people in crowd WILL shot back. Even better would be if the media and police and DC made heroes out those that fought back

You think the guys shooting police didn't think the police would shoot back?

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2016, 08:28:47 PM »

What kind of stupid question is that? No Shit Sherlock. Yep the police are known to shoot back. But police are in nice easy to see uniforms while the people  with the CCW and permission to open fire are NOT.

Would YOU shoot at cops if you knew a thousand people NOT in uniform ARE GOING to shoot back?

You know, that thing between your ears? It is not there just to hold your ear apart and to keep you eyes from rolling down to your toes. USE it once in a while.

Rama Set

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2016, 08:32:01 PM »

What kind of stupid question is that? No Shit Sherlock. Yep the police are known to shoot back. But police are in nice easy to see uniforms while the people  with the CCW and permission to open fire are NOT.

Would YOU shoot at cops if you knew a thousand people NOT in uniform ARE GOING to shoot back?

I wouldn't shoot at cops whether I had a good chance of surviving or not.  These guys would.  I think they probably knew they weren't going to get away with it, but did it for The CauseTM.

You know, that thing between your ears? It is not there just to hold your ear apart and to keep you eyes from rolling down to your toes. USE it once in a while.

Wow, that's inappropriate!

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2016, 08:49:38 PM »

I wouldn't shoot at cops whether I had a good chance of surviving or not.  These guys would.  I think they probably knew they weren't going to get away with it, but did it for The CauseTM.

Then make the cost of "The cause" too freaking high.

Here is what I don't understand. the FBI UCR  has two glaring facts that the media avoid reporting. A cop kills a Black, on average, once in 28 HOURS. But Blacks kill other Blacks on average of one every 65 minutes.

Black lives matter ONLY and IF it is NOT a Black person doing the killing. Where is the demand for the heads of Black gang leaders? Where are the witnesses  when the gangs committee murder?

IF the Black community would be as active with videos etc with Black on Black crimes as they are with cops. Cities would be safe 24/7.

Rama Set

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2016, 08:54:30 PM »

Kill their family too?

Here is what I don't understand. the FBI UCR  has two glaring facts that the media avoid reporting. A cop kills a Black, on average, once in 28 HOURS. But Blacks kill other Blacks on average of one every 65 minutes.

Black lives matter ONLY and IF it is NOT a Black person doing the killing. Where is the demand for the heads of Black gang leaders? Where are the witnesses  when the gangs committee murder?

I think their problem is with a combination of the murder and the lack of culpability that goes along with it. 

IF the Black community would be as active with videos etc with Black on Black crimes as they are with cops. Cities would be safe 24/7.

Unlikely.

Rama Set

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2016, 10:33:44 PM »
Looks like the hero of the Dallas story was a robot used to deliver a bomb.

#regulateguns #deregulatebombs

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2016, 05:43:38 AM »

Ummm... black, white, latino, asian, ect... gang leaders are already wanted and will be arrested for their crimes if caught.  Also, gang motivated, race isn't relevant.

Cops... less so.  Also, its usually gang on gang violence.  Why is that equal to cop on innocent civillian violence?

Also, this whole issue is saying "If you are a legal gun owner, cops will shoot you for no reason.". You want that?

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2016, 10:00:34 PM »

So the cops have five men down and suddenly everyone on the street pulls guns! Can't see that going bad.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.