Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #500 on: March 15, 2016, 12:22:24 PM »
Trump stirs in people a visceral sense of pride and support for America. It's easy to see why one would punch someone whose trying to tear down the foundations that this country was built on.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 15, 2016, 12:22:35 PM »
Dave realized his anti-violence stance was complete garbage and 180'd so that he could argue people attacking Trump was a good thing lmao

Trump has stumped the shit out of Dave.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 15, 2016, 12:26:19 PM »
You don't think it's problematic that they live in a country where they're afraid to be open about their political preferences at risk of persecution?
Well, that IS the way they want it.  Just not THEIR political preferences.

Source?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 15, 2016, 12:53:31 PM »
Trump stirs in people a visceral sense of pride and support for America. It's easy to see why one would punch someone whose trying to tear down the foundations that this country was built on.
He does!
I mean, it requires that he blame others for America's problems, but yeah, he does.  It's what Fascists do.

Dave realized his anti-violence stance was complete garbage and 180'd so that he could argue people attacking Trump was a good thing lmao

Trump has stumped the shit out of Dave.
Hm?
Anti-violence stance?

Look, I'm all for violence, I just wish he'd say so to interviewers.  He's saying it to his supporters but when asked by the press he's all "I don't condone violence at my rallys" which is BS.  He needs to man up and proclaim "If you see someone being a dick at my rally, you need to punch them, kick them, or kill them."
In fact, I've started reading Trump's speeches and interviews and already it makes me want to punch him.   

And yes, he HAS stumped me.  His speeches are a lot of words and self-praise but not much on substance.  Which is fine.  Again, that's what America prides itself on: Self Praise and lack of substance.

You don't think it's problematic that they live in a country where they're afraid to be open about their political preferences at risk of persecution?
Well, that IS the way they want it.  Just not THEIR political preferences.

Source?
Go listen to a rally.  That's all the source I need.  Just listen to the crowd.  Listen to how they KNOW they're right and everyone else is wrong.  How those who oppose them need to be stopped.  There is no compromise.  There is no peace.  There is only war.

Look, it's --Well its the way it must be.  I mean, I'm great.  I'm a great guy.  Very likable, everyone thinks so.  Just ask.  Ask my family and they'll tell you, they will, that I'm a great guy.  But when I see people, and I don't mean people like you, I mean the worst, the absolute worst people, standing around, chanting and really, it's more like a religion isn't it?  You can't just have a group of people praise someone and not, you know, not think they're praying too.  Anyway, when I see them chanting and just being so angry about walls and Muslims and by the way, Muslims are great people.  I love Muslims.  Truely, I do.  Ask anyone.  But when you see them chanting about it and wanting to build walls and ban people, you just gotta ask yourself, how did we get here?  I'll tell you how, we never win.  We're always losing.  The people we have, up there, in the media and the press.  I love the press, by the way.  Love them.  But they've got people, and they're bad people.  Not the best and trust me, I know the best.  Believe me, I know people you'd never even heard of who are excellent people.  Very loving, very caring, very easy to get along with.  I get along with them.  So I ask myself, why can't we make America great Together?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #504 on: March 15, 2016, 04:09:23 PM »
Republican National Committee

RULE 40

(b) Each candidate for nomination for President of the United States and Vice President of the United States shall demonstrate the support of a majority of the delegates from each of eight (8 ) or more states, severally, prior to the presentation of the name of that candidate for nomination. Notwithstanding any other provisions of these rules or any rule of the House of Representatives, to demonstrate the support required of this paragraph a certificate evidencing the affirmative written support of the required number of permanently seated delegates from each of the eight (8 ) or more states shall have been submitted to the secretary of the convention not later than one (1) hour prior to the placing of the names of candidates for nomination pursuant to this rule and the established order of business.

Only Cruz and Trump thus qualify as candidates for the nomination: the others (Carson, Kasich, Rubio) can't even enter the contest. And the rules will not be changed in the middle of the convention: Kasich and Rubio have no viable path to the election.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 15, 2016, 04:29:50 PM »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 15, 2016, 04:33:43 PM »
Look, I'm all for violence

Yikes
What?  If Trump can be all for violence, why not me?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 15, 2016, 05:08:57 PM »
Look, I'm all for violence

Yikes
What?  If Trump can be all for violence, why not me?

I'll let you think about it

Offline Pongo

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 15, 2016, 05:14:21 PM »
Dave is beginning to accept the ideals of Trumpism. Now, if only we can get him to listen to what Trump stands for rather than listening to what people say Trump stands for.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 15, 2016, 05:58:13 PM »
Dave is beginning to accept the ideals of Trumpism. Now, if only we can get him to listen to what Trump stands for rather than listening to what people say Trump stands for.

Trump stands for making America great.
He intends to do this by attacking the econmic enemies of America: Illegals, Mexico, and China.
He intnds to defeat terrorism by becoming a terroist.
He'll get "the best people.  People you've never even heard of."

Not sure what else.  His speeches and interviews are full of self praise and lack of substance.

Offline Pongo

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: March 15, 2016, 06:08:28 PM »
So, in your mind, Dave, you think that when someone asks Trump what he plans to do for the economy, he answers something along the lines of, "I plan to attack illegals, Mexicans, and China."

Is this correct?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 15, 2016, 06:21:08 PM »
So, in your mind, Dave, you think that when someone asks Trump what he plans to do for the economy, he answers something along the lines of, "I plan to attack illegals, Mexicans, and China."

Is this correct?
Attack in the sense of their impact on America, not bombs or punches. (Ie. Economically for China, legally for Illegals, etc..)

Deport Illegals.
Raise Tarifs to hurt China's manufacturing export sector
Destroy NAFTA

For example:
He would call up the head of Ford and say congratulations on the new Factory in Mexico but anything that comes to the US is now taxed 30% instantly.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 15, 2016, 06:28:58 PM »
Destroy globalism.

Both Rupert Murdoch and George Soros hate Trump. That's good enough for me.

Offline Pongo

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 15, 2016, 06:51:59 PM »
Deport Illegals.

They are by definition breaking the law. ILLEGALS. What do you suggest we do with law breakers?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 15, 2016, 06:55:58 PM »
Deport Illegals.

They are by definition breaking the law. ILLEGALS. What do you suggest we do with law breakers?
Oh I'm all for that one.
In fact, I would hope he suspends a few constitutional amendments to make finding them easier.  That 4th Amendment is annoying when you wanna just bust down a door and demand papers.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 15, 2016, 07:22:35 PM »
Are you capable of making a legitimate argument? You've regurgitated news headlines for the past several pages. It wasn't effective then and it won't be effective now.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 07:24:13 PM by Rushy »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 15, 2016, 07:32:51 PM »
Are you capable of making a legitimate argument? You've regurgitated news headlines for the past several pages. It wasn't effective then and it won't be effective now.

What's the point?  Trump could murder someone on 5th ave and you'd still vote for him.  No argument, no matter how valid, would win in this thread.  So I'm just going to keep being lazy and regurgitate headlines. 

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 15, 2016, 09:24:24 PM »
Question:
When Trump sets high tariffs from China and removes NAFTA, what will the short and long term effects of prices to consumers be?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 15, 2016, 11:04:06 PM »

What's the point?  Trump could murder someone on 5th ave and you'd still vote for him.  No argument, no matter how valid, would win in this thread.  So I'm just going to keep being lazy and regurgitate headlines.

I'm disappointed in you, Dave.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 15, 2016, 11:08:41 PM »

I'm disappointed in you, Dave.
What can I say?  The bombardment has worn me down.  Besides, I left America for several good reasons.  I'm quite Anti-America these days.