Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #260 on: February 26, 2016, 02:02:16 PM »
But then the price of your shit goes up.

Freedom isn't free.

Wouldn't import tax require the removal of NAFTA?

Trump called NAFTA "a disaster" and wanted to break it entirely.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 26, 2016, 05:38:41 PM »
But then the price of your shit goes up.

Freedom isn't free.
Tell that to the walmart shoppers.

Wouldn't import tax require the removal of NAFTA?

Trump called NAFTA "a disaster" and wanted to break it entirely.
I can't imagine that would help slow the tide of illegals.  Or make Mexico or Canada happy.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 26, 2016, 05:43:40 PM »
I can't imagine that would help slow the tide of illegals.  Or make Mexico or Canada happy.

I doubt Trump really cares about what other countries think. They need us more than we need them.

Thork

« Reply #263 on: February 26, 2016, 06:16:15 PM »

I doubt Trump really cares about what other countries think. They need us more than we need them.
You have a national deficit. Your imports exceed your exports. You are giving people dollars that you print as you need them, in exchange for real goods and services. Who needs who?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 26, 2016, 06:29:31 PM »

You have a national deficit. Your imports exceed your exports. You are giving people dollars that you print as you need them, in exchange for real goods and services. Who needs who?

The real question is why is the world dumb enough to keep giving us resources for thin sheets of green paper that we print out billions of everyday.

« Reply #265 on: February 27, 2016, 05:40:22 AM »

The real question is why is the world dumb enough to keep giving us resources for thin sheets of green paper that we print out billions of everyday.

Because worse come to worst we got the bullets to back up the bullshit

« Reply #266 on: February 27, 2016, 06:14:15 AM »
http://www.salon.com/2016/02/24/america_youre_stupid_donald_trumps_political_triumph_makes_it_official_were_a_nation_of_idiots/

Yesterday, Trump was asked again about his tax returns: "I won't release them."

The reporter asked again: We called the IRS and they said nothing precludes you from releasing not only this year's tax returns, but also the returns for the past years. Trump dodged the question.

Certainly by June those tax returns will have to be released and it will mean another reason for the delegates at the convention to withdraw their vote for Trump.

In a direct confrontation, Sanders will win against Trump (I was the only one to suggest that Sanders does have a good chance at becoming the Democractic nominee, contrary to what our friend Rushy was posting at the same time, back on December 12).

I also said that a brokered convention is very possible: all Cruz has to do is win some 4 states on Tuesday, and wait until the party rules will put an end to Trump's ascension in the polls.

Everyone in the Republican party knows that Cruz can win big against either Sanders or Hillary: why then would they have subjected themselves to this ordeal, when they could have stopped Trump from using their platform from the very start?

« Reply #267 on: February 27, 2016, 06:31:16 AM »
If Sanders doesn't get the nomination I'm voting for Trump out of spite.

« Reply #268 on: February 27, 2016, 09:28:44 AM »
What Trump has done is to practically launch an independent bid for the presidency, using the Republican party as a platform.

He won't listen to the leaders of the party, he has disdain for politicians (including Republicans).

Question: why then would the GOP put up with something like this from the very start?

Certainly they could have stopped Trump in his tracks one year ago, by informing him that he is welcome to run as an independent.

Does it make any sense at all for noted, public, respected Republican leaders to complain NOW that Trump is not a true conservative, and actually does not represent the party?

Therefore, there is only one way out of this mystery: it was all planned from the beginning in order to achieve a certain goal.

No other candidate (democrat or republican), for the past 50 years, would have been able to make it past the first primary under the public's scrutiny, having to deal with the "Trump university scam" and the "tax returns issue". Yet, so far, Trump has been spared what would have been a devastating inquiry into his finances/business practices, one which would have spelled the end of a political career for any other candidate.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 10:34:04 AM by sandokhan »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 27, 2016, 12:47:01 PM »
Sanders has no chance to be nominated. He has already lost. Sanders' key support demographic isn't old enough to vote and the ones that can don't even bother showing up to the primary polls. Democrat turnout this year is abysmal. In addition to all of this, Bernie doesn't excite people; he bores them.

Hillary will win the nomination and then lose to God Emperor Trump.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 01:03:14 PM by Rushy »

« Reply #270 on: February 27, 2016, 01:26:08 PM »
The information in Trump's tax filings forms the basis of his claim that he, above all other candidates, has the business and negotiating skills to "make America great again."

His pretentions to leadership are directly related to those tax returns he absolutely does not want to release.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 27, 2016, 03:15:08 PM »
The information in Trump's tax filings forms the basis of his claim that he, above all other candidates, has the business and negotiating skills to "make America great again."

His pretentions to leadership are directly related to those tax returns he absolutely does not want to release.

Are you really surprised that someone doesn't want to post their private finances to the public? Would you want to post your tax returns on this forum?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 03:17:08 PM by Rushy »

« Reply #272 on: February 27, 2016, 05:29:15 PM »

Are you really surprised that someone doesn't want to post their private finances to the public? Would you want to post your tax returns on this forum?

If they couldn't force Barry to present his birth certificate as proof that he was even eligible to run as president they definitely can't force you to release your tax returns.

It's all a big show, trump is around to keep the flame kindled on racism because they know it's dying out on a popular level. Sanders is the flicker of hope à la Ron Paul they give us every few cycles, and Clinton represents business as usual.

Does anyone really think that the keys to our country would be given to someone that may only be around for four years? Anything they really want to implement is planned years in advance and done regardless who is in office.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 27, 2016, 07:02:49 PM »
If they couldn't force Barry to present his birth certificate as proof that he was even eligible to run as president they definitely can't force you to release your tax returns.

It's all a big show, trump is around to keep the flame kindled on racism because they know it's dying out on a popular level. Sanders is the flicker of hope à la Ron Paul they give us every few cycles, and Clinton represents business as usual.

Does anyone really think that the keys to our country would be given to someone that may only be around for four years? Anything they really want to implement is planned years in advance and done regardless who is in office.

How is Trump going to "keep the flame kindled on racism" if he has never said anything remotely racist? I don't understand where all this "TRUMP IS WAICIST" nonsense is coming from when no one can actually give me any quotes from Trump that prove racism.

The only racist things I've ever seen during this election is Bernie voters complaining that blacks are "too uneducated to realize Bernie is best for them." That's their only response to the fact that minority voters prefer Clinton.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 07:04:40 PM by Rushy »

« Reply #274 on: February 27, 2016, 07:46:06 PM »

How is Trump going to "keep the flame kindled on racism" if he has never said anything remotely racist? I don't understand where all this "TRUMP IS WAICIST" nonsense is coming from when no one can actually give me any quotes from Trump that prove racism.

The only racist things I've ever seen during this election is Bernie voters complaining that blacks are "too uneducated to realize Bernie is best for them." That's their only response to the fact that minority voters prefer Clinton.

He said Mexicans are rapists and murderers and proposed a immigration ban on Muslims. Just because it's not black or white don't mean race isn't involved. His "supporters," if thats what you want to call the people paid to attend his rallies, are portrayed as this angry racist remnant that feels disenfranchised... Now I say portrayed because thats exactly what it is. We don't know if theres an actual faction of real citizens that feel this way, but the media pushing the concept inevitably influenced the TV watchers to either relate or debate.

To me it was overwhelmingly obvious that popular support the past two elections has been behind disestablishment candidates, Ron Paul, Sanders, (interestingly enough, only running in the twilight of their careers) and any numbers the media shows you are just that... As good as fabrications, designed to give credibility to a fixed system. Its one big production designed to keep a finger on the pulse of the average man, and give an illusion of choice and a share in the guilt associated with hazardous foreign and domestic policy.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 27, 2016, 08:31:22 PM »
He said Mexicans are rapists and murderers and proposed a immigration ban on Muslims.

Mexican is a nationality; Muslim is a religious preference. Neither of those things are races.

Just because it's not black or white don't mean race isn't involved. His "supporters," if thats what you want to call the people paid to attend his rallies, are portrayed as this angry racist remnant that feels disenfranchised... Now I say portrayed because thats exactly what it is. We don't know if theres an actual faction of real citizens that feel this way, but the media pushing the concept inevitably influenced the TV watchers to either relate or debate.

Sounds more like you can't come up with a reasonable criticism so you just figure "racism" will suffice. Trump has the best economic, foreign, and social policies out of all candidates currently running.

To me it was overwhelmingly obvious that popular support the past two elections has been behind disestablishment candidates, Ron Paul, Sanders, (interestingly enough, only running in the twilight of their careers) and any numbers the media shows you are just that... As good as fabrications, designed to give credibility to a fixed system. Its one big production designed to keep a finger on the pulse of the average man, and give an illusion of choice and a share in the guilt associated with hazardous foreign and domestic policy.

Guess you better give up now, then. You can't change anything about the world, ever, the masterminds are infinitely more powerful and more intelligent than you.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 08:33:12 PM by Rushy »

« Reply #277 on: February 27, 2016, 09:18:10 PM »
My criticism definitely isn't towards trump specifically, but youre playing semantics when you say mexico is a country and muslim is a religious preference. How exactly do you single out those people in a broad sense if not by race? Do you think he meant the gringos from mexica are the rapist? Or do you think you can spot a muslim in a crowd if he isnt wearing a turban or kaffiyeh?

I dont want to be the bearer of bad news but it is the entire system that is broken, trying to use this system to enact positive change is futile.

By "system" I mean the plain as day bribery that takes place through the vehicle of lobbying wherein corportate interests at the cost of the greater good are prioritized. It's obvious to everyone with any moderate level of mental ability that global corporations write the laws and have engineered a modern day form of slavery in the guise of capitolism. So no, I will not be voting.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 27, 2016, 09:25:46 PM »
How exactly do you single out those people in a broad sense if not by race?

Mexicans are from Mexico and Muslims believe Muhammad is a prophet that could speak the word of god. I don't see how either of those things are related to a race. It sounds to me like you're the racist here, bucko.

I dont want to be the bearer of bad news but it is the entire system that is broken, trying to use this system to enact positive change is futile.

By "system" I mean the plain as day bribery that takes place through the vehicle of lobbying wherein corportate interests at the cost of the greater good are prioritized. It's obvious to everyone with any moderate level of mental ability that global corporations write the laws and have engineered a modern day form of slavery in the guise of capitolism. So no, I will not be voting.

Literal defeatism.

« Reply #279 on: February 27, 2016, 10:14:43 PM »
How exactly do you single out those people in a broad sense if not by race?

Mexicans are from Mexico and Muslims believe Muhammad is a prophet that could speak the word of god. I don't see how either of those things are related to a race. It sounds to me like you're the racist here, bucko.

Literal defeatism.

Textbook apologetics.