Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #940 on: July 11, 2016, 03:03:47 PM »
the hillary image isn't anti-semetic because what if under different circumstances i made a bad argument suggesting that the cover of frozen is anti-semetic?  what?

so this image can't be anti-semetic because you believe i would make different arguments about different things under different circumstances...i dunno how to respond to that...

I'm not saying it can't be anti-semitic, I'm saying it's pure conjecture on your part to think it is. And a little bit paranoid.

« Reply #941 on: July 11, 2016, 03:33:05 PM »
Lord Dave. I always vote. IF I don't then I have right to complain about the crap congress and POTUS does.

Voting is just a method for the establishment to shift the blame for our shitty circumstances to the general public, when it's pretty damn obvious to me that we are constantly sold down the river by politicians on both sides of the isle.

At least with tyrants we had someone to hate, now they want to say "You see what you did?!? You should've voted for John Jackson instead of Jack Johnson, you fucked everything up!"

Offline Round fact

• Science and math over opinion
    • View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #942 on: July 11, 2016, 03:54:02 PM »
that two symbols can have identical shapes and different meanings is such a ubiquitous phenomenon that it has its own name.  pretending to be unaware of this doesn't make one's argument better, only worse and more confusing.

This is only relevant if the shapes do have different meanings, which is clearly not what Rushy is arguing. Bad bait.

indeed.  i am saying that the shapes do have different meanings.  meaning is always contextual.  as i see it, you and rushy are arguing a reductio ad absurdum: the view that the hillary meme is anti-semetic necessarily leads to the absurd conclusion that the cover of frozen must also be anti-semetic.  the problem is that not one person is claiming that any use of a six-sided star is anti-semetic.

in other words, we're saying that it's reasonable for someone to believe that this particular use of these symbols, in this particular context (esp. its origin), reeks of long-standing and well-understood anti-semetic stereotypes and conspiracies.

"but someone else used one of these symbols in a completely different context for a completely different purpose!" doesn't actually address the criticism of this use of these symbols in this context.

It's pretty funny how deeply you can get leftists to think about anti-semitic stereotypes in order to craft a conspiracy theory like this. The point here is that if Disney were implicated in anti-semitic activity, I'm sure you could craft a similar narrative for Frozen as well. And if you can't - well, maybe you're not using your imagination well enough. But up until that happens, there's plenty reason to believe that you're only willing to apply a ridiculous amount of conjecture to one thing but not the other.

the hillary image isn't anti-semetic because what if under different circumstances i made a bad argument suggesting that the cover of frozen is anti-semetic?  what?

so this image can't be anti-semetic because you believe i would make different arguments about different things under different circumstances...i dunno how to respond to that...

Hillary Clinton is NOT Jewish. Never claimed she is and as far as I know, no one else is saying she is. So, anyone making the claim that the image used is referring to Jews, now needs to connect the dots showing that a Jewish symbol with her picture, a person NOT Jewish is in fact anti-semitic.

Good look with that mental gymnastics.

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #943 on: July 11, 2016, 03:55:07 PM »
Lord Dave. I always vote. IF I don't then I have right to complain about the crap congress and POTUS does.

Voting is just a method for the establishment to shift the blame for our shitty circumstances to the general public, when it's pretty damn obvious to me that we are constantly sold down the river by politicians on both sides of the isle.

At least with tyrants we had someone to hate, now they want to say "You see what you did?!? You should've voted for John Jackson instead of Jack Johnson, you fucked everything up!"

????????????????????????

« Reply #944 on: July 11, 2016, 04:43:47 PM »

????????????????????????

What didn't you understand? The kings and queens of old realized to stop the people from chopping their heads off they had better create this shell entity called democracy where you pretend to give the people a say in the things that affect their lives.

Was a simple way to shift blame from themselves yet still retain control. If you think the world has evolved past that kind of power structure imagine how many major western countries are still commonwealth countries with allegiance to the Queen of England.

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #945 on: July 11, 2016, 04:51:33 PM »

????????????????????????

What didn't you understand? The kings and queens of old realized to stop the people from chopping their heads off they had better create this shell entity called democracy where you pretend to give the people a say in the things that affect their lives.

Was a simple way to shift blame from themselves yet still retain control. If you think the world has evolved past that kind of power structure imagine how many major western countries are still commonwealth countries with allegiance to the Queen of England.

Ah, I see the problem. You think the US is a democracy.  News flash it is not, nor has it ever been. What the US IS, is  a Constitutional REPUBLIC.  With one major constitutional flaw, that could be fixed with one simple amendment. Term limits.

« Reply #946 on: July 11, 2016, 05:19:43 PM »
Hillary Clinton is NOT Jewish. Never claimed she is and as far as I know, no one else is saying she is. So, anyone making the claim that the image used is referring to Jews, now needs to connect the dots showing that a Jewish symbol with her picture, a person NOT Jewish is in fact anti-semitic.

The claim is that Hillary is influenced by corrupt Jewish money, as seen here. Given how much trouble David Duke was for Trump's campaign in the news cycle last time, you'd think he'd want to steer clear of anything associated with him this time.

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #947 on: July 11, 2016, 09:13:17 PM »

The claim is that Hillary is influenced by corrupt Jewish money, as seen here. Given how much trouble David Duke was for Trump's campaign in the news cycle last time, you'd think he'd want to steer clear of anything associated with him this time.

NOPE not even close. Saudi money yes, and proven.

But keep trying, this is fun to watch

« Reply #948 on: July 11, 2016, 10:14:22 PM »

I was not commenting on the veracity of the claim, dummy. I was saying that it exists, and is the mindset from which the antisemitic Hillary picture came from.

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #949 on: July 11, 2016, 10:32:29 PM »

I was not commenting on the veracity of the claim, dummy. I was saying that it exists, and is the mindset from which the antisemitic Hillary picture came from.

It exists because that is all the left has. Playing the race card is the last refuge of bankrupt mind. IE 99.99% of the left

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: July 12, 2016, 06:16:53 AM »

It exists because that is all the left has. Playing the race card is the last refuge of bankrupt mind. IE 99.99% of the left

Ok seriously, all this ad hominim is annoying.  You're being an ass so stop it.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #951 on: July 12, 2016, 12:11:40 PM »

Who attacked you?

Ok seriously, all this ad hominim is annoying.  You're being an ass so stop it.

« Reply #952 on: July 12, 2016, 03:31:14 PM »
The United States was founded by the brightest people in the country,
and we haven't seen them since.

Gore Vidal

The rules committee meets on Wednesday and on Thursday: they may have the votes to add new rules.

Since Trump wants good relationships with Russia, to print one's own money (in effect, getting rid of the Fed), to make America great again, let us take a look at the possible scenarios.

1. Romney/Ryan ticket (convention takeover) - from the point of view of secret societies, a Romney nomination is as good as a Cruz nomination.

2. Trump falls victim to a false flag assassination attempt (he is allowed to live, the public never hears from him again) - least likely.

3. Trump defeats Hillary, and then has to face countrywide riots/revolution, a civil war (especially if Deutsche Bank is allowed to implode).

4. Trump joins Sanders to face both Hillary and Romney.

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #953 on: July 12, 2016, 05:35:45 PM »
The United States was founded by the brightest people in the country,
and we haven't seen them since.

Gore Vidal

The rules committee meets on Wednesday and on Thursday: they may have the votes to add new rules.

Since Trump wants good relationships with Russia, to print one's own money (in effect, getting rid of the Fed), to make America great again, let us take a look at the possible scenarios.

1. Romney/Ryan ticket (convention takeover) - from the point of view of secret societies, a Romney nomination is as good as a Cruz nomination.

2. Trump falls victim to a false flag assassination attempt (he is allowed to live, the public never hears from him again) - least likely.

3. Trump defeats Hillary, and then has to face countrywide riots/revolution, a civil war (especially if Deutsche Bank is allowed to implode).

Romney, no matter who his running mate is cannot win. He's too weak and ball-less

Trump sitting back in hiding?  Better chance of HRC telling the truth under oath in from of God.

Civil war, for winning? remember the left hates guns. One lefty wuss reporter shot an AR-15 in 223/5.56 NATO and almost had to be hospitalized for mental and physical trauma. So what are they going to fight with, spitballs? What would happen is the Flyover States, those producing the food, would just sit back and let the left starve and freeze to death. 

Trump/Sanders. Put the crack pipe down. A 110% Capitalist and 1000% Marxist on the same ticket. Yeah right. Sure thing.

« Reply #954 on: July 12, 2016, 05:59:26 PM »

Did you roll your random events dice to get those?

« Reply #955 on: July 12, 2016, 06:58:19 PM »
"Since World War II, America has been following a course of passive drifting. It has drifted from crisis to crisis, at home and abroad, without policy, leadership, or any large-scale political initiative. For decades now, despite the public's growing restiveness, the United States has moved but not acted. It has moved by the power of inertia and in the direction of disintegration.

The result is the growth of national bewilderment or despair, the atmosphere of chronic crisis and the kinds of controls, inherent in an advanced mixed economy, and of the governmental apparatus necessary for dictatorship.

The philosophy that shapes a nation's culture and institutions tends, other things being equal, to become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

No one can predict the form or timing of the catastrophe that will befall this country if our direction is not changed. No one can know what concatenation of crises, in what progression of steps and across what interval of years, would finally break the nation's spirit and system of government.

What one can know is only this much: the end result of the country's present course is some kind of dictatorship; and the cultural-political signs for many years now have been pointing increasingly to one kind in particular. The signs have been pointing to an American form of Nazism."

L. Peikoff (1982)

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 13, 2016, 01:57:57 AM »
For all the new people here, please keep in mind Levee (Sandohkn) will ramble endlessly. Please don't bait him or purposely delve into a discussion about the knights Templar, Masons, and other irrelevant garbage or I will remove it from this thread and I will punish YOU not him. Thank you.

« Reply #958 on: July 13, 2016, 07:23:43 AM »
"From the beginning of the nineteenth century, American intellectuals, succumbing docilely to the European lead, turned increasingly against every one of America's founding ideas and ideals. While the people, taking the American system for granted, were working to build a magnificient industrial structure, the intellectuals were working to undermine the system, to discredit its root premises, to sap its self-confidence, to erode its institutions, to remake the United States in the image of the succesive waves of European irrationalism.

The result is America today: a nation with the remnants of its distinctive meaning and institutions buried under more than a century and a half of intellectual wreckage; a nation which has kept some imperishable part of its original soul, but surrendered its mind to the alien ideas of the anti-Enlightment; a country intellectually prostrate, haunted by a pervasive, undefined sense of uneasiness, of ominous forebodding, of national self-betrayal; a country torn by a profound conflict, without guidance or coherent direction, unable to follow its Founding Fathers or to renounce them."

(L. Peikoff, The Ominous Parallels)

Let us not forget that I was able to pick out the finalists of the Republican primaries from the very start, strictly based on the hand signs they made in public; then something happened along the way, which constituted a change of plans: the unexpected death of A. Scalia, the fact that Cruz did not receive any kind of help in the NE primaries as he was supposed to... we will see what is going to happen at the convention.

There is plenty of space here available for everyone to express their opinions, isn't there?

http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=3243.msg82666#msg82666
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 07:39:02 AM by sandokhan »

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 13, 2016, 07:41:40 AM »

Every now and then the blind madman with a gun will get the pigeon. (Confucius IX)
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.