Rama Set

Re: 2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #880 on: July 08, 2016, 05:38:48 PM »

Did I say he didn't do anything wrong? Surely, if anything, changing the tweet means it was an honest mistake and he's not actually antisemitic.

Why "surely"?

Well, if you're voting based on antisemitism, it seems strange to support the candidate with a history of making antisemitic slurs.

+1.  This election is the perfect time for Bob Dole to make his run.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: July 08, 2016, 05:44:12 PM »

Did I say he didn't do anything wrong? Surely, if anything, changing the tweet means it was an honest mistake and he's not actually antisemitic.

Why "surely"?

Why else would he change the tweet?

Rama Set

« Reply #882 on: July 08, 2016, 05:59:08 PM »

Why "surely"?

Well I suppose the "honest mistake" could be that he was mistaken about how pissed off he would be at a tweet that tries to put Hilary in league with money-grubbing Jews.  Or is it money-grubbing sheriffs?  Oh, yeah, Hilary and Sheriff's offices have a long standing alliance built on corruption  ::)

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: July 08, 2016, 05:59:37 PM »
I'm so confused as to how that picture was anti-Semitic. Can someone explain in plain words how it was deemed to be that way?

George

« Reply #884 on: July 08, 2016, 06:06:44 PM »
This "fucking Jew bastard" thing is a he-said-she-said story coming from a pretty fringey source.  Even if it is true, it was forty years ago.  I don't think there's any comparison between that and Trump's repeated "accidental" postings of racist memes.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: July 08, 2016, 06:06:58 PM »

Why "surely"?

Well I suppose the "honest mistake" could be that he was mistaken about how pissed off he would be at a tweet that tries to put Hilary in league with money-grubbing Jews.  Or is it money-grubbing sheriffs?  Oh, yeah, Hilary and Sheriff's offices have a long standing alliance built on corruption  ::)

Or, you know, maybe it's just a star.

Rama Set

« Reply #886 on: July 08, 2016, 06:16:19 PM »

Hey, if you think that is the case, go to.  In this case, I have a really hard time believing that this image, taken from a board frequented by white supremacists and neo-nazis no less, was not scrutinized for its context and implications and that his campaign was not comfortable with all of those implications.

« Reply #887 on: July 08, 2016, 06:50:26 PM »

Hey, if you think that is the case, go to.  In this case, I have a really hard time believing that this image, taken from a board frequented by white supremacists and neo-nazis no less, was not scrutinized for its context and implications and that his campaign was not comfortable with all of those implications.

Do you think Trump has a team of people around him at all times while he is on his phone retweeting images? No, he is actually a real person that has actual actions that aren't 100% calculated, deliberate, preplanned, passed through committee, sent to a focus group for review prior to doing them, unlike certain other robotic cybernetic reptilians he is running against.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 08, 2016, 06:58:58 PM »
This "fucking Jew bastard" thing is a he-said-she-said story coming from a pretty fringey source.  Even if it is true, it was forty years ago.  I don't think there's any comparison between that and Trump's repeated "accidental" postings of racist memes.

You're right, Hillary has gotten pretty good at hiding her antisemitism in the past 40 years.

Rama Set

« Reply #889 on: July 08, 2016, 07:38:23 PM »
Do you think Trump has a team of people around him at all times while he is on his phone retweeting images? No, he is actually a real person that has actual actions that aren't 100% calculated, deliberate, preplanned, passed through committee, sent to a focus group for review prior to doing them, unlike certain other robotic cybernetic reptilians he is running against.

He has a director of new media on his staff who helps Trump create social media strategies designed to do exactly what is happening here: engage the public and drive conversation.  When he called Hillary the "Most Corrupt Candidate Ever!" he was working from a teleprompter.  This was not a retweet either, it was something he composed and do you think it was him that pulled the image down and edited it to change the star of david to a circle?  Get off it, this guy is smart, despite what dems wish were true, and knows exactly what he is doing.  If he isn't anti-semitic, then it was probably a ploy designed to appeal to anti-semites and/or to those on the right who love piling on the failings of the left, seen in full force after the back lash came out.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 08, 2016, 08:16:02 PM »
I'm so confused as to how that picture was anti-Semitic. Can someone explain in plain words how it was deemed to be that way?

« Reply #891 on: July 08, 2016, 08:32:45 PM »

You're right, Hillary has gotten pretty good at hiding her antisemitism in the past 40 years.

Just like it was cool that she was hugging and kissing former KKK leader Robert Byrd.

Cus he was like, the KKK leader so long ago, ya know?

Offline Round fact

• Science and math over opinion
    • View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #892 on: July 08, 2016, 08:34:44 PM »

So in your view the flag of Israel is anti-semitic, because it has the Star of David on it. All Sherif and Police Departments with with 6 sided star are also anti-semitic. Never mind that Trump's grand kids are Jewish.

You sir ARE the problem. You see hate where none exists, except for the hate YOU feel toward someone you disagree with.

I'm not surprised.

Rama Set

« Reply #893 on: July 08, 2016, 08:39:59 PM »
So in your view the flag of Israel is anti-semitic, because it has the Star of David on it. All Sherif and Police Departments with with 6 sided star are also anti-semitic. Never mind that Trump's grand kids are Jewish.

No, why would you say that?

You sir ARE the problem. You see hate where none exists, except for the hate YOU feel toward someone you disagree with.

I'm not surprised.
[/quote]

You're right.  Calling someone the most "corrupt candidate ever" is an act of love and acceptance. I don't hate Trump, I think he is a terrible candidate for president.  Stop being so dramatic.

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #894 on: July 08, 2016, 08:51:50 PM »

No, why would you say that?

I'm not surprised.

You're right.  Calling someone the most "corrupt candidate ever" is an act of love and acceptance. I don't hate Trump, I think he is a terrible candidate for president.  Stop being so dramatic.
[/quote]

Are you seriously saying Clinton is not corrupt?

Rama Set

« Reply #895 on: July 08, 2016, 08:52:54 PM »

No, I have actually said she is incredibly corrupt.  Why?

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #896 on: July 08, 2016, 08:53:53 PM »

Because it appears as though you support her.

Rama Set

« Reply #897 on: July 08, 2016, 08:56:21 PM »

Because it appears as though you support her.

That is only because you haven't read anything I have said.  If you had, you would have seen:

This may be the least palatable election in US history. It's hard to imagine a situation where you could make a case that Trump is the better choice, yet here we are. Good luck America and may God have mercy on your souls. Please stay the fuck away from us.

« Reply #898 on: July 08, 2016, 11:44:24 PM »

Well, it comes from /pol/ apparently, so that doesn't do it any favors. But it's the combination of the star-shaped thingy over a bunch of money to insinuate that Clinton is corrupt from Jewish money. The shape alone is not the issue. It stems from a long-standing form of anti-semitism.

This is really just the straw that broke the camel's back. Trump has retweeted or spread messages that originate from white supremacist or neo-nazi sources before, and this is just one more example. His team needs to exercise to message discipline and vet the stuff they put out on his Twitter account.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 11:47:39 PM by trekky0623 »

George

« Reply #899 on: July 09, 2016, 12:13:41 AM »

Just like it was cool that she was hugging and kissing former KKK leader Robert Byrd.

Cus he was like, the KKK leader so long ago, ya know?

The Snopes article does an excellent job of explaining why that's a pretty weak argument to use against Hillary.