Shooting stars
« on: August 25, 2018, 09:09:32 PM »
Just joined

First post/thread whatever

I'd like to know what the consensus is on shooting stars

I got into flat earth cos when someone explained about stars moving so gradually to the human eye not correlating with the copernican system of us spinning and hurtling thru space around the sun it just was too obvious. That to me is the most blatant proof.

Then I saw I shooting star for the first time in my life and have since seen another and It (to me) begs the question.... if we appear to be moving gradually because we are so small relative to the mass of planets yet are still moving at such incredible speeds.... wtf are shooting stars and what are they're speeds? Surely the existence of shooting stars nullifys the scale/speed conundrum......
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 09:13:54 PM by Danmooreisred »

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Re: Shooting stars
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 09:46:04 PM »
Lots of answers to this. My favourite is the clean window theory.

The earth has a firmament over it. A clear crystalline structure that lets us see out into the universe. And this firmament is covered with a waxy self cleaning coating. Dirt builds up and coagulates. At some point it becomes too heavy to remain stuck and it falls as a mud brick, picking up speed, compacting under heat and pressure and usually being burnt up before it hits the ground.

Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 10:25:44 PM »
Lots of answers to this. My favourite is the clean window theory.

The earth has a firmament over it. A clear crystalline structure that lets us see out into the universe. And this firmament is covered with a waxy self cleaning coating. Dirt builds up and coagulates. At some point it becomes too heavy to remain stuck and it falls as a mud brick, picking up speed, compacting under heat and pressure and usually being burnt up before it hits the ground.

Sounds fun like but I think you missed the point.

To be more short what I want to know is this.....

When I explain to people the copernican or standard most universally accepted theory like 99 per cent of people don't understand the speed and revolution and spiral of the earth. Put simply people think it's just spinning... they don't know how fast they don't understand it's spinning whilst orbiting and moving towards a point and more importantly they don't understand that this being said every night the stars seem almost fixed for millennia....

So with that in mind if we're spinning and rotating and orbiting and such ridiculous speeds and it all seems slow and laboured and still...because we're so small relative to the mass of heavenly objects then wtf are shooting stars and how are they traveling a million times light speed to my eye!!!!

If anyone has any info on this I'd be stoked x

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 10:29:44 PM »
Lets say you are on a train. And the train is travelling at 50mph. And you get up and walk at 5mph towards the front of the train.

Do you feel the wind rush past you at 55mph? No.
Do the other passengers pass you at 55mph? No.

It is called relativity.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 10:36:14 PM »
The first thing to realise is that we're pretty much standing still in galactic terms. The nearest stars are an indescribably far distance away. Polaris/The Big Dipper is 340,982,000,000,000 miles away.  To put that in perspective, if you draw a circle one inch across on a piece of paper, and take that to be the Earth's orbit around the Sun, then, at that scale, Polaris is 2000 miles away.

That is why the stars move across your sky at 15 degrees per hour, corresponding to Earth's rotation. Once per day, per 24 hours. 360 degrees/24 = 15 degrees per hour.

"Shooting stars" are small, local objects. Small, rapidly moving meteors burning up on entering the earth's atmosphere. Not actual stars.
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 04:48:04 AM »
Maybe sometimes we get space junk that breaks thru the dome.  I remember when I was a kid, a long time ago, living in a far away place, we were outside sitting in the grass watching an outdoor movie.  You did that kind of thing in the 1950's.  Suddenly we saw a 'shooting start'  It actually hit the ground very close to me and I remember seeing it bounce after hitting the ground.  A lot of people ran up to where the 'object' was on the ground.  My mother kept me from getting too close.  That probably was a good thing because it was still glowing red hot.  Any object like that had to come either thru the dome or was part of it.  In either case the dome would require plenty of maintenance due to the constant damage that occurs to it.  Just who is responsible for doing that?  Maybe a government contractor.  It would be a good job opportunity if I ever need a job again.   
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 07:27:46 AM »
The first thing to realise is that we're pretty much standing still in galactic terms. The nearest stars are an indescribably far distance away. Polaris/The Big Dipper is 340,982,000,000,000 miles away.

No it isn't because there is nothing "out there". There is only us below this large dome. Any stars you see are INSIDE this dome. There is no "outside". And this down is not a cristalline structure. It's a large TV screen. A holographic projector.

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 03:01:08 PM »
I would propose an interesting experiment.  Take a ship to Antarctica.  My sister and her husband did just that earlier this year so I know that it can be done.  Once there, you could launch a drone.  Use that drone to take pictures of the bottom of the dome mount.   You might crash into the dome, but if you did at, say at 1000 feet, that would be a huge victory for the flat earth society.  If everything was properly documented you might even win the Nobel prize.  You might also 'piss off' the operators of the dome so be careful. 
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!

LoveScience

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2018, 12:58:41 PM »
Just a quick question. If there is a 'firmament' or dome over Earth, how did it get there if no one has been beyond the Earths atmosphere?

Shooting 'stars' for the record are tiny fragments of space dust that enter the Earths atmosphere and burn up. The frictional heat generated as the particles interact with atoms in the upper atmosphere ionises them and the photons released as a result is what we see as the meteor event.

Meteor rates/hour vary through the year. On a given night we can expect to see around 6 sporadics an hour but when the Earth passes through the trail of dust left behind by a periodic comet for example then this number increases and we see a meteor shower. Notable meteor showers are the Perseids in August and Geminids in December.

An average 'shooting star' will be about the size of a grain of sand. A large pebble sized meteoroid would create an impressive fireball about the same brightness as Venus or brighter.

But then you all knew that right?

« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 02:59:41 PM by LoveScience »