Recent Posts

Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Trump
« Last post by Lord Dave on March 05, 2024, 11:01:36 AM »
The ruling from the Supreme effectively buries any talk of Trump participating in an insurrection. Which was just more bullshit spewed by the communists anyway.
No it doesn't.  Did you not read the ruling?
The ruling stated that states can't decide how to implement section 3 on their own.  Only the federal government can.  Nothing about if Trump is or isn't guilty.
Yeah, I did read it. It is up to Congress to determine that. And they already did in the 2nd Impeachment.

Incorrect.
Congress does not determine guilt or innocence.  Otherwise Bill Clinton did nothing wrong.
Trump was acquitted in the 2nd Impeachment.

Congress did not bar Trump from holding a federal office.

So, you are incorrect.

As usual.
You are correct, I am.

Well, thats a bad ruling.  Means insurrection is ok so long as your party controls congress.

Joe better get impeached, then, so he can be immune to legal issues later.
« Last post by Action80 on March 05, 2024, 10:04:22 AM »
The ruling from the Supreme effectively buries any talk of Trump participating in an insurrection. Which was just more bullshit spewed by the communists anyway.
The ruling stated that states can't decide how to implement section 3 on their own.  Only the federal government can.  Nothing about if Trump is or isn't guilty.
Yeah, I did read it. It is up to Congress to determine that. And they already did in the 2nd Impeachment.

Incorrect.
Congress does not determine guilt or innocence.  Otherwise Bill Clinton did nothing wrong.
Trump was acquitted in the 2nd Impeachment.

Congress did not bar Trump from holding a federal office.

So, you are incorrect.

As usual.
« Last post by Lord Dave on March 05, 2024, 09:34:32 AM »

Incorrect.
« Last post by Action80 on March 05, 2024, 07:49:22 AM »
« Last post by Lord Dave on March 04, 2024, 09:12:18 PM »
« Last post by Action80 on March 04, 2024, 08:53:31 PM »
« Last post by Tom Bishop on March 04, 2024, 07:46:05 PM »
The left loves to project. When the corrupt left does something that all nine members of the Supreme Court unanimously rule is illegitimate, somehow it is the Supreme Court which is corrupt and illegitimate.

« Last post by Tom Bishop on March 04, 2024, 05:14:17 PM »
Leftists have gone off the plot and are far too radical for the average person. The public does not agree with this and have been increasingly rejecting it. Even the left-leaning Supreme Court judges have voted against the tactics of the left.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-rules-unanimously-for-trump-in-colorado-ballot-disqualification-dispute

« Last post by Rushy on March 04, 2024, 02:31:10 PM »
Correct, corruption in the DNC is irrelevant to the seriousness of a hostile foreign power interfering in our elections for their own gain. Election interference does not become okay or justified if genuine corruption ends up being exposed any more than murder becomes okay or justified if it turns out that the victim was a bad person.

No one here said election interference is okay, it's just that the DNC did nothing about the corruption at all. They just let it slide, just as you are, because the bad people exposed it. Corruption is only bad if good people expose it!

I never said I didn't care. I said it was irrelevant to the seriousness of Russia interfering in our elections, which it is.

That's called... not caring.

It's always conservatives who cry both sides! in online discussions, and it's always simultaneously (and seemingly paradoxically) in support of a conservative politician or agenda. If there were no difference between Biden and Trump and it didn't matter whom we voted for, then Putin wouldn't have gone to all that effort to get Trump elected in the first place. He knew that Trump had no real understanding of or interest in international politics and certainly no deeply-held political positions, and he knew that Trump's policy decisions would come down to Trump's personal whims rather than any non-existent political or ethical philosophy. Trump is no less shallow and ignorant now than he was in 2016. If Trump returns to office, he will once again base his decisions almost entirely on his own personal whims, and Putin will take advantage of this to try to flatter and manipulate Trump into turning on Ukraine. If Trump's constant fawning over Putin in his first term in office is any indication, he'll almost certainly succeed.

Incidentally, it's a strange time to make false both-sides equivalences when it was just last year that we had the momentous - and extremely unpopular, let's not forget - Supreme Court decision striking down Roe. That would never have happened if it had been a Democrat in office, given how all three of Trump's nominees formed half of the majority opinion in that case. That's not both-sides business as usual, that's specifically the conservative agenda supported by Republican politicians at work. The voters can and should punish Republicans (especially Trump) for this in November, although sadly I don't expect them to.

Here's the thing though, the "Putin wants Trump" propaganda is... a lie. It didn't happen. It doesn't exist. Hillary made it up as a smear and it persists despite a complete lack of evidence.

Also, it's not a coincidence that Roe v Wade meets its end under a Catholic president, but I'm sure you think it's still Trump's fault! It's like if someone doesn't explicitly explain every fine detail of politics to you, you miss the plot entirely! The concept of Biden being a conservative, which he is, probably doesn't compute because he keeps doing conservative actions while saying liberal words.

You say I am "both sides"'ing you, but surely you've noticed Biden is farther right than Obama, who was already a centrist! You've been tricked into voting between two conservatives and you don't even mind!
1. This is not a "send us the bill" this is a "we give you $1 billion dollars and you stop charging tuition." Thus they can't overcharge for anything.

That's very nice, Dave. If only we had a Dave lawmaker to look down upon people and say "no, you can't take advantage of this" and they just frown at you in response and say "okay."

2. $192 billion is like 20% of the budget.  And realistically, just divide it up by a few years.  No one's going to realistically notice.

...what. To put this into perspective, taking away 192 billion of the defense budget is the same as deleting the entire US Army branch (their 2024 budget is $185.3 billion). I think other countries would notice.