How GPS Works and what about 64 satellites claimed by NASA
« on: January 22, 2020, 11:22:45 AM »
Hi I am wajeeh, and I believe earth is flat as I havent seen any of the evidence found regarding round shaped earth but I stuck at satellites and how GPS works thing. can any flat earther explain if there is no satellite how GPS works?

totallackey

Re: How GPS Works and what about 64 satellites claimed by NASA
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 11:51:38 AM »
Hi I am wajeeh, and I believe earth is flat as I havent seen any of the evidence found regarding round shaped earth but I stuck at satellites and how GPS works thing. can any flat earther explain if there is no satellite how GPS works?
Do you use a smartphone?

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 10:20:32 AM »
Do you use a smartphone?

Yes I am using smartphone.

totallackey

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 12:20:35 PM »
Do you use a smartphone?

Okay, have you ever used Google Maps on your smartphone while driving to and fro?

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 12:59:25 PM »
Do you use a smartphone?

How many satellites is it receiving GPNSS from and from what countries - US, China, Russia, Europe?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 01:11:06 PM »
FFS, lackey, if you're going to make a point then can you just make it?!

There doesn't seem to be a coherent FE explanation, the Wiki does have a link to this video

The people who did the video are pretty deep down the conspiracy theory rabbit-hole, they don't seem to say anything of substance.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

totallackey

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 11:54:05 AM »

There doesn't seem to be a coherent FE explanation, the Wiki does have a link to this video

The people who did the video are pretty deep down the conspiracy theory rabbit-hole, they don't seem to say anything of substance.
I am engaged in a written dialogue (on topic) with the member who posted the OP and I have some questions I asked him.

Please allow me to continue posting at my own pace.

Thanks.

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 08:34:30 AM »

Thanks @AllAroundTheWorld for sharing interview and I took time to listen carefully to them both and it seems pretty much realistic as masonic lodges exist and one of the familiar masonic group is UGLE from England which is lead by Prince Edward, Duke of Kent. We as Pakistani in denial with all conspiracy because we shutdown all the programs in country after 1971 by Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto (After he hanged by a General in 1977) Just like saddam hussain who set death penalty for those who promote or acclaim Zionist principles, including freemasonry and you'all know what happened to him. So I believe there powers who always promote their agenda and whatever came in their ways destroyed.

Anyways still didnt get exactly how GPS working. Sorry my bad observation does it means the marin ships docked at sea are gathering information and sending location to each smartphones?

@totallackey Yes I do use GPS while driving.

totallackey

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2020, 04:48:55 PM »
At times, I find my Google maps on my smartphone (and when I used it, my Garmin) would mysteriously lose signal.

It seems the signal loss would occur in the exact same areas I would lose cell phone connectivity.

Strange, don't you think OP?

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2020, 05:23:32 PM »
At times, I find my Google maps on my smartphone (and when I used it, my Garmin) would mysteriously lose signal.

It seems the signal loss would occur in the exact same areas I would lose cell phone connectivity.

Strange, don't you think OP?
Google Maps uses data connectivity over your cellphone connection.  Unconnected with GPS which receives from  about 20 satellites from US, Europe and China systems.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 06:24:03 PM by inquisitive »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2020, 07:10:06 PM »
Google Maps uses data connectivity over your cellphone connection.  Unconnected with GPS which receives from  about 20 satellites from US, Europe and China systems.
You are mistaken about this. While it's true that it can and does use supplementary sources of information to improve its accuracy, it "normally" uses GPS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Maps_Navigation
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2020, 08:40:22 PM »
You are mistaken about this. While it's true that it can and does use supplementary sources of information to improve its accuracy, it "normally" uses GPS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Maps_Navigation
The maps themselves are downloaded from the internet, the current position shown will be from a GPS receiver.  Correct?

There is no doubt how GPS works, currently receiving from 20 satellites from 4 systems and occasionally from the Japan system.  Reception totally unrelated to cell phone coverage.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2020, 10:20:10 PM »
There is no doubt how GPS works
TL is suggesting the opposite.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2020, 08:32:24 AM »
Not clear if he saying he just loses internet access.  GPS receiver will show satellites being received from, he needs to check that.  Not just NASA claiming number of satellites, other systems used.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2020, 09:24:00 AM »
Not clear if he saying he just loses internet access.  GPS receiver will show satellites being received from, he needs to check that.  Not just NASA claiming number of satellites, other systems used.

Have you verified that they are satellites?

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2020, 10:04:58 AM »

Yes, the documentation confirms this.  For the US, Russian, Chinese, European and Japanese systems.  The raw data from receivers (NMEA) gives details. 

For example:
The GSV message string identifies the number of SVs in view, the PRN numbers, elevations, azimuths, and SNR values.

Unrelated, but the position of TV broadcast satellites above the equator is as documented and proved by dish alignment.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2020, 10:50:48 AM »

How would you suggest anyone goes about that?
Have you verified the signals are coming from any other source? If so, how?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

totallackey

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2020, 11:50:41 AM »
Just for clarity, in case anyone has doubt, I find it highly suspicious that both Google Maps (the system I utilize on my smartphone, which I use pretty much exclusively now) and the Garmin system (plus I used TomTom briefly) have conclusively demonstrated (at least to me in various commutes) to lose signal access to these supposed GPS satellites in the same general areas where I have no cell phone signal.

For me anyway, I think it demonstrates the idea of GPS "satellites" is total hoakum.

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2020, 12:49:17 PM »
Just for clarity, in case anyone has doubt, I find it highly suspicious that both Google Maps (the system I utilize on my smartphone, which I use pretty much exclusively now) and the Garmin system (plus I used TomTom briefly) have conclusively demonstrated (at least to me in various commutes) to lose signal access to these supposed GPS satellites in the same general areas where I have no cell phone signal.

For me anyway, I think it demonstrates the idea of GPS "satellites" is total hoakum.
Is this indoors?  You may think that, but there is no doubt about how the various GPS systems work.  Do you have details of how you think it works, in detail.  Note that GPS works in the middle of oceans.

totallackey

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2020, 01:19:07 PM »

Is this indoors?  You may think that, but there is no doubt about how the various GPS systems work.  Do you have details of how you think it works, in detail.  Note that GPS works in the middle of oceans.
My commutes take place on county roads, city streets, state and US highways and Interstates.

My commutes requiring the use of Google Maps and Garmin and TomTom involve an automobile.

What personal evidence do you have that GPS works in the middle of oceans?