Offline Calvin

• View Profile
New to the movement and have a few Qs
« on: November 22, 2017, 04:09:02 PM »
Hello,

I'm new to this movement and have a few questions.

First, at what gain do all these governments, space agencies, etc, receive by saying the earth is sphere? Second, what happens if you walk off the edge of the flat earth? Third, if I travel and keep heading West in a straight line, I eventually end up where I started. If the Earth was flat, wouldn't I fall off? Lastly, we have photographic "evidence" of space and a spherical earth, why don't we have pictures of the edge of the earth?

Thanks (really not trying to be a smarta$$, just would like to start figuring this out)!

Offline gizmo910

• Si vis pacem, para bellum
    • View Profile
Re: New to the movement and have a few Qs
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 07:43:00 PM »
Please peruse the WIKI and utilize the SEARCH before posting that which has already been posted and answered.
Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.

“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

;)

Offline Calvin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 07:52:23 PM »
maybe better help would be to post the link for us new peeps until we get this figured out?

Offline gizmo910

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 07:57:40 PM »
maybe better help would be to post the link for us new peeps until we get this figured out?

What link is it that you seek? Both the wiki and search feature are functions at the top of the browser page.

“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.”

;)

Offline Calvin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 08:02:51 PM »
To any of the below, I tried to WIKI search "why the conspiracy" and nothing came up.

First, at what gain do all these governments, space agencies, etc, receive by saying the earth is sphere? Second, what happens if you walk off the edge of the flat earth? Third, if I travel and keep heading West in a straight line, I eventually end up where I started. If the Earth was flat, wouldn't I fall off? Lastly, we have photographic "evidence" of space and a spherical earth, why don't we have pictures of the edge of the earth?

Offline gizmo910

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 08:08:54 PM »
To any of the below, I tried to WIKI search "why the conspiracy" and nothing came up.

First: The Conspiracy
Second: It is impossible to do so, as there is a 150ft high wall with a pitch-black land beyond.
Third: Heading "West" refers to a magnetic compass pointing you in that direction, causing you to travel in a circle around the north pole.
Lastly: Images can be faked, therefore no images will be accepted as true evidence.

;)

Offline Calvin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 08:11:52 PM »
Thanks! Last question and I'll start surfing around, how far away is the wall? I mean has anyone tried to travel to it?

Offline gizmo910

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 08:13:07 PM »
Thanks! Last question and I'll start surfing around, how far away is the wall? I mean has anyone tried to travel to it?
The Ice Wall is literally Antarctica.

;)

Offline Calvin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 08:16:53 PM »
I just read "the conspiracy". I must say, it seems like an awful lot of work to accomplish nothing

Offline gizmo910

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 08:25:01 PM »
I just read "the conspiracy". I must say, it seems like an awful lot of work to accomplish nothing

From the Wiki:
Control of space means control of the world. From space, the masters of infinity would have the power to control the earth's weather, to cause drought and flood, to change the tides and raise the levels of the sea, to divert the gulf stream and change temperate climates to frigid. There is something more important than the ultimate weapon. And that's the ultimate position. The position of total control over the Earth that lies somewhere in outer space.
—Lyndon B. Johnson, Statement on Status of Nation's Defense and Race for Space, January 7, 1958

;)

Offline Calvin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 08:37:05 PM »
That quote only makes sense if there was actual space travel. So, by posting that quote, you're making the argument we went to and are in space. If that's not the case, then the quote doesn't make any sense and this is one big conspiracy for no reason at all.

Offline gizmo910

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 08:40:14 PM »
The wiki paints this as the quote that motivated the illusion of space travel. All we have to do is trick the world we went to space and obtain that control.

;)

Offline Calvin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 08:46:20 PM »
Problem is, so "has" everyone else. Meaning, everyone knows it's a fraud so what's the point of caring on with the conspiracy?

Offline gizmo910

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 09:29:08 PM »
And what, pray tell, are your intentions here: to argue a point, gain insight into the FET, or convert FEers to the RE way of thinking?

;)

Offline Calvin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 09:37:17 PM »
Only saying there's no point for anyone to be pretending about Space since everyone is "racing" to space. Ergo, no conspiracy because we're obviously not duping other governments.

Offline Calvin

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 09:44:18 PM »
Guess it went back to my original point. No point in keeping the conspiracy alive if all governments involved know it's not real

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 09:55:19 PM »
Guess it went back to my original point. No point in keeping the conspiracy alive if all governments involved know it's not real
That might be why most space agencies' budgets are so rapidly dwindling...
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2017, 10:04:24 PM »

Lastly: Images can be faked, therefore no images will be accepted as true evidence.
Except pictures of glaciers or icebergs that can be represented as the ice wall. Those pictures are ok.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2017, 10:32:32 PM »
That might be why most space agencies' budgets are so rapidly dwindling...

You may want to check your facts. NASA's budget has stayed relatively stable for the last decade and there are more countries in space than at any point in human history. FY2019 and 2020 NASA is projected to receive more money after a low in FY2018. NASA is currently building the Space Launch System. Hardly points to a world that figured out the "conspiracy."
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50