Ghost of V

Re: The Coriolis Effect and Day/Night Cycle
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2014, 05:41:52 PM »
Just because ether is a convenient placeholder to deal with problems with FET does not mean that need supports your claim that ether holds up clouds, for example. Buoyancy, for example, is perfectly compatible even in FET of holding up clouds. You really failed there.

It's "Aether".

Ether is a completely different thing.

Please try to make an effort next time.

Any mods want to split this thread? Gulliver has successfully derailed it.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2014, 05:51:43 PM »
Just because ether is a convenient placeholder to deal with problems with FET does not mean that need supports your claim that ether holds up clouds, for example. Buoyancy, for example, is perfectly compatible even in FET of holding up clouds. You really failed there.

It's "Aether".

Ether is a completely different thing.

Please try to make an effort next time.

Any mods want to split this thread? Gulliver has successfully derailed it.
Thank you for the clarification. Would you please go a bit further to help us understand please? What is the difference between "ether" and "aether" in FET. Thanks!

Quote from: http://grammarist.com/spelling/aether-ether/
Aether (or æther) is an obsolete spelling of the noun with various definitions relating to air, chemical compounds, and nonexistent clear elements filling outer space. The word is usually spelled ether in all main varieties of modern English. Aether still appears as a poetic affectation, especially in reference to the word’s ancient Greek and Latin senses, but ether is preferred by a large margin in most types of writing.

The æ in æther is a Latin-derived letter that represents different sounds in different languages (and it still appears in some modern alphabets). The letter was preserved in numerous Latin words brought to English between the 16th and 19th centuries, though later in this period æ was usually rendered ae, as it usually is today. Many of these words, like ether, have dropped the a over the last century or so, so that, for instance, encycolopaedia is now encyclopedia, anaesthesia has become anesthesia, and aeon has become eon. Some of them have dropped the a in American English but retain it elsewhere—for example, pediatric/paediatric, anemia/anaemia, and feces/faeces. Others retain the a everywhere—for example, aesthetic, aegis, and paean.
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

Ghost of V

« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2014, 05:53:10 PM »
Ether is a highly flammable liquid.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2014, 05:56:41 PM »
Yes, it is. Did you have a point though?

Ghost of V

« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2014, 05:57:16 PM »

You asked the differences?

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2014, 06:00:11 PM »

Yes, I did. Did you have a difference to share? I'd really appreciate understanding if FET uses "aether" differently than "ether"? Science doesn't.

Ghost of V

« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2014, 06:05:53 PM »

Yes, I did. Did you have a difference to share? I'd really appreciate understanding if FET uses "aether" differently than "ether"? Science doesn't.

Ether is a highly combustible organic compound. Aether is not.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2014, 06:15:37 PM »

So FET now wants to remove the archaic spelling of an organic compound? Amazing! I think you're drunk with power.

Ghost of V

« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2014, 06:16:10 PM »

So FET now wants to remove the archaic spelling of an organic compound? Amazing! I think you're drunk with power.

No?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2014, 06:42:53 PM »
Since you're answering questions, why isn't there one singular unified flat earth theory?
Because it's a work in progress, just like everything else in science.

There's one singular unified round earth (not a) theory
I don't think you understand what scientists mean when they say "theory". Your insertion of "(not a)" makes it sound like you disagree with RET.

Also, no, there isn't one comprehensive Round Earth Theory. That's a good thing, because there shouldn't be one.

and it does explain everything
Well, I already showed you that that's untrue. Of course, no real scientist claims to have explained "everything", so I'm not holding that against RE'ers in general, but it does go a long way to show your incompetence in the subject.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2014, 07:14:46 PM »
Since you're answering questions, why isn't there one singular unified flat earth theory? There's one singular unified round earth (not a) theory, and it does explain everything. Could you show me the best theory y'all have? Because from where I'm sitting, everyone flat earther has their own opinion and not much else.

Experimental evidence has proven that the Earth is flat. This much we can be sure of. Everything else is merely speculation.

The way I look at it, we're merely demonstrating to RE'ers that the Earth can be flat. We're creating models which work according to known evidence. It doesn't matter whether or not they're accurate, because they're possible. RE'ers cannot say that a flat Earth is impossible because we can demonstrate otherwise. We have answers to all of their arguments. Meanwhile, RE'ers cannot explain the wealth of evidence demonstrating the flatness of the Earth.

Once Flat Earth Theory is more widely accepted (and that day isn't as far off as you hope), we will have the resources to go farther in finding the true model. As it stands today, creating working models is all that is necessary.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2014, 07:20:17 PM »
Experimental evidence has proven that the Earth is flat. This much we can be sure of.
Excellent for you! Would you please point to this experimental evidence? Thanks.

I suggest that you do some press releases of this amazing experimental evidence that you're sure proves that the Earth is flat.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2014, 08:06:50 PM »
The appearance of the midnight sun (and its opposite) is the result of Aetheric eyewalls, which distort and hide the sun in predictable patterns.
Experimental evidence has proven that the Earth is flat. This much we can be sure of. Everything else is merely speculation.
So which is it?

The first of your posts above makes a claim, not a speculation.

The second of your posts above says that it's not a claim, just a speculation.

In which post did you error?

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2014, 10:53:13 PM »
The appearance of the midnight sun (and its opposite) is the result of Aetheric eyewalls, which distort and hide the sun in predictable patterns.
So which is it?

Neither. I was asked for an answer from my model. I provided it. Please stop being so angry all the time. You're gonna have a heart attack or something.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2014, 11:12:08 PM »
So which is it?

Neither. I was asked for an answer from my model. I provided it. Please stop being so angry all the time. You're gonna have a heart attack or something.
I'm not the least bit angry, but thanks for the concern.
So, you are just speculating when you made your claim about the existence of the predicated effects of the Aetheric eyewalls? Really? Who asked you to even talk about your "model"? I suggest that you learn to preface your speculation with phrases like "in my proposed model" or "I speculate that". Otherwise, you're being dishonest.

Also, I'm still waiting on that pointer to the experimental data that proves that the Earth is flat. By the way, unless you're applying the ZP, as opposed to the SM, no experiment can really prove, in the strongest sense of the word, that the Earth is flat.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2014, 11:33:29 PM »
So which is it?

So, you are just speculating when you made your claim about the existence of the predicated effects of the Aetheric eyewalls? Really? Who asked you to even talk about your "model"? I suggest that you learn to preface your speculation with phrases like "in my proposed model" or "I speculate that". Otherwise, you're being dishonest.

No. We aren't here to justify ourselves to you and I am not the least bit interested in doing so. You ask me to explain how a phenomenon is possible on a Flat Earth, I will tell you how it's possible. You ask me if my explanation has evidence, I will explain exactly what I just explained.

Also, I'm still waiting on that pointer to the experimental data that proves that the Earth is flat. By the way, unless you're applying the ZP, as opposed to the SM, no experiment can really prove, in the strongest sense of the word, that the Earth is flat.

Read the Wiki.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2014, 12:00:21 AM »
So which is it?

No. We aren't here to justify ourselves to you and I am not the least bit interested in doing so. You ask me to explain how a phenomenon is possible on a Flat Earth, I will tell you how it's possible. You ask me if my explanation has evidence, I will explain exactly what I just explained.
You're confused. No one has asked for your speculation or what's "possible". We asked what is, not what might be. If you were honest, you'd at least identify when you're just speculating.

Read the Wiki.
I have, and I don't see any evidence that proves what you claim. Is it so hard to point to this conclusive evidence? I guess you're just being dishonest, yet again.

Ghost of V

« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2014, 12:11:52 AM »
Gulliver, I see you're employing your bully tactics again.

I would suggest ignoring him until he understands that being a manipulative asshole won't help his stunted intelligence and inability to understand even the simplest of words.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2014, 12:16:59 AM »
Gulliver, I see you're employing your bully tactics again.

I would suggest ignoring him until he understands that being a manipulative asshole won't help his stunted intelligence and inability to understand even the simplest of words.
I always know when FEers feel that they're losing the debate: When personal attacks is all the content of a response. Thanks Vaux!

Rama Set

« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2014, 12:51:58 AM »
To be fair, the experimental evidence presented in the wiki is a joke.  "Is Kansas flatter than a pancake"?  Really?  The closest it comes to presenting a decent experiment is the BLE, which, when it was done properly, showed the Earth was round.  There is some controversy in this community about that result, but none of that is actually pertaining to the set up and execution of the experiment, which we know, as a matter of record, was attested by Hampden's chosen referee as showing the Earth round.  So I am not sure what experimental evidence Tausami could rely on so heavily as to discount the plethora of evidences for the Earth being round.