Am I right or wrong
« on: February 07, 2018, 05:27:59 PM »
For the longest time I have believeed that the Earth is a globe. But untill recently I have started to question the government, the world, even humanity. I feel like I have started to believe in the flat Earth but all my life I have been told that the Earth is a globe. That's where the problem comes in I'm confused at what I should believe in. Everyone calls me a creep no one agrees with me, am I right to believe in the flat Earth or am I wrong?

Re: Am I right or wrong
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 06:44:08 PM »
You come to the Flat Earth Society to ask if the Earth is flat?

Are expecting any answer other than yes?

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 07:05:23 PM »
For the longest time I have believeed that the Earth is a globe. But untill recently I have started to question the government, the world, even humanity. I feel like I have started to believe in the flat Earth but all my life I have been told that the Earth is a globe. That's where the problem comes in I'm confused at what I should believe in. Everyone calls me a creep no one agrees with me, am I right to believe in the flat Earth or am I wrong?

You are wrong. The Earth is a globe. Flat Earth doesn't work in the real world. Be skeptical, but understand that some things you are told are correct.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 07:09:04 PM »
This really isn't a FE topic, more of a personal philosophy topic.

Moved.

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 12:00:03 AM »

Yes

Offline supaluminus

• Hi. I'm supe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 12:24:54 AM »

Yes

No one can tell you what to believe, but you can learn how to think critically, empirically, and carefully.

Reason and doubt are your sword and shield. Question everything, even your own conclusions, until you have rigorously ruled out all other possibilities.

Beware of poor reasoning. It helps to familiarize yourself with some common logical fallacies:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/
When an honest man discovers that he is mistaken, either he will cease being mistaken...

... or he will cease being honest.

- a loyal slave to reason and doubt

Offline Skeptic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 08:50:49 AM »
Go with science. Do experiments. I'm pretty sure the Earth is round because I've done the experiments, not the research. Other people's research will always fall short when it comes to firsthand experience. I can still volunteer the possibility though that I might be wrong about the Earth being round; I'm just pretty sure that I'm not. If I encounter any new evidence for a Flat-Earth that contradicts my experiments, then I'd run more experiments to either prove or disprove the theory. So far it looks like the Earth is round. You can contact me privately if you need to talk or want suggestions on how you can go about proving to yourself once and for all whether or not the Earth is round or flat.

Max_Almond

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 12:07:36 PM »

Wrong.

Offline Cain

• This is the line of division.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 10:35:57 AM »
I didn't even read the OP so I'm going to guess wrong
You just made my list, buddy.  >:(
this world does not have room for another mind as intelligent as yours.