Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #6280 on: September 28, 2020, 10:15:01 AM »
Summary:
Releasing his tax records would have resulted in showing evidence if tax fraud.

I can see why he'd wanna keep em secret.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: September 28, 2020, 09:25:08 PM »

Lol at the economically illiterate.

Sounds like someone here wrote that. You aren't a better businessman if you pay more in taxes. That's not how it works.

This was the result of this non-story:

« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 09:50:00 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6282 on: September 28, 2020, 09:50:54 PM »
Lol at the economically illiterate.

Sounds like someone here wrote that. You aren't a better businessman if you pay more in taxes. That's not how it works.

This was the result of this non-story:

Ummm... Except the part where he paid his dsughter to be a consultant at the company she worked at as an executive(Trump inc) and wrote that off.

Also writing off alot in hair care.

ALSO....
Trump does not donate his salary.  You are confusing donation with reallocation.

Donation is taking your money and giving it away.
Reallocation is putting the money you would get, elsewhere.

Trump reallocates his sallary to other government branches.  He doesn't donate it.
And based in his taxes, he has a good reason to: $1 taxable income(from being president) means $0 owed to the IRS.  Legally, he could argue he's poor.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: September 28, 2020, 10:01:58 PM »
Ummm... Except the part where he paid his dsughter to be a consultant at the company she worked at as an executive(Trump inc) and wrote that off.

Trump is allowed to make writeoffs for The Apprentice. You are allowed to make write-offs for any business expenses, fyi. You don't think that movie studios write off makeup expenses?

ALSO....
Trump does not donate his salary.  You are confusing donation with reallocation.

Trump reallocates his sallary to other government branches.  He doesn't donate it.
And based in his taxes, he has a good reason to: $1 taxable income(from being president) means $0 owed to the IRS.  Legally, he could argue he's poor.

Presidents don't fund the government with their personal salaries. It's not being "reallocated".

Liberals must be getting pretty desperate if the best pre-debate scandal you have is "Trump has a brilliant personal tax strategy"

« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 10:13:47 PM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #6284 on: September 28, 2020, 10:13:21 PM »
Also Trump getting a tax refund from a bankruptcy when he had a stake in the restructured entity is illegal and under investigation. Also has over $400M in personal debt coming due which he will have to deal with.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6285 on: September 28, 2020, 10:36:48 PM »

Trump is allowed to make writeoffs for The Apprentice. You are allowed to make write-offs for any business expenses, fyi. You don't think that movie studios write off makeup expenses?
$70,000 is alot of money to write off.  And naturally, Trump didn't produce his own show.  That would be the highest form of narcicism.

Oh hey, Trump has a stake in the show but it was produced by MGM.  Why is Trump writing off his hair care and not MGM?

ALSO....

Presidents don't fund the government with their personal salaries. It's not being "reallocated".
No, they don't and yes it is.  Tell me, where is he "donating" his money? Also, how can he take no salary AND donate his salary.  You can't donate what you don't get.

Liberals must be getting pretty desperate if the best pre-debate scandal you have is "Trump has a brilliant personal tax strategy"
Last I checked, cheating on your taxes is illegal.  Which the IRS is literally investigsting him for.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: September 29, 2020, 04:05:24 AM »
Also Trump getting a tax refund from a bankruptcy when he had a stake in the restructured entity is illegal and under investigation. Also has over $400M in personal debt coming due which he will have to deal with.

Funny that you think a real estate company worth billions doesn't know what its doing and that you or the journalist libs you read are authorities. Both bankruptcy and debt are part of the game of business and laws. Trump has been masterfully doing this since the 1970's.

$70,000 is alot of money to write off

The Apprentice ran for 15 seasons. These new tax leaks covered two decades of Trump tax returns. The best thing they could find were reasonable and legally permissible business deductions for The Apprentice? Weak and desperate.

No, they don't and yes it is.  Tell me, where is he "donating" his money? Also, how can he take no salary AND donate his salary.  You can't donate what you don't get.

If I work for the government and I give my salary to the National Park Service, I didn't "reallocate" my money, like "reallocating" my business investments overseas. That's a incorrect thing to think. It's called a donation.

Quote from: Lord Dave
Last I checked, cheating on your taxes is illegal.

Last I checked, no one proved that Trump did anything that was illegal and this illegality exists only in your deranged imaginations.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 08:57:56 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: September 29, 2020, 04:06:38 AM »
There are the in your face elements to this story.  Trump got a half a billion from his father and another half from The Apprentice, then squandered all of it on bad deals.  These are kind of funny but I'm not sure if it's all that consequential.

The bigger concern though is 70 million from other countries since he's been president, which is completely incompatible with his role as president.  Easily unconstitutional, a direct violation of the emoluments clause.

Also, who the hell does he owe 400 million to?  Is it an American entity?  A foreign bank?  Is it a foreign country?  That's a pretty important detail.  Whoever he owes that money to is someone who has a lot of leverage over our president.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: September 29, 2020, 08:01:49 AM »
1. Which rules?

2. No ties to Russia established YET, from this PARTIAL investigation

3. His Presidential salary is a drop in the ocean compared to what has been spent on secret service and associated expenses for his many golf trips to his own golf clubs over the past 3.5 years. He has been at his golf clubs for almost 1 year out of these 3.5
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: September 29, 2020, 09:32:57 AM »

Funny that you think a real estate company worth billions doesn't know what its doing and that you or the journalist libs you read are authorities. Both bankruptcy and debt are part of the game of business and laws. Trump has been masterfully doing this since the 1970's.

Except, according to his tax records, he has been running at a huge loss for many years.  While he certainly has plenty of collateral, it seems to me that the income form Trump tower is not enough to offset his costs.   The question then is, does his business make enough money to be worth a loan?  And he still is paying the loans, right?  I mean, a bank isn't just going to say "ok, Mr. Trump, here's $400 Million dollars.  Pay us back in 10 years.  If you can't, just take out another loan on your tower and we'll give you another 400 Million."

Now, I'm not an expert on bank loans but in my limited experience, banks don't give money for free and refinancing is just a fancy way of saying " you still owe us monthly payments, but just at a different interest level"

$70,000 is alot of money to write off

The Apprentice ran for 15 seasons. These new tax leaks covered two decades of Trump tax returns. The best thing they could find were reasonable and legally permissible business deductions for The Apprentice? Weak and desperate.
But MGM was the company producing it.  Therefore, makeup (including hair styling) was on them, not him and certainly not Trump inc.  Unless he wishes to claim that Trump Inc. requires Trump to have excellent looking hair.  Which sounds weird for a real estate company, don't you think?
-edit-
Oh, apparently it IS weird AND not allowed.
https://www.npr.org/2020/09/28/917810562/dont-deduct-that-haircut-just-yet-tax-court-has-rejected-such-claims
Go figure, right?

If I work for the government and I give my salary to the National Park Service, I didn't "reallocate" my money, like "reallocating" my business investments overseas. That's a incorrect thing to think. It's called a donation.
*sigh*
Ok, lets start with the basic definition of a Donation because you clearly do not understand.
A donation is an act whereby you give a person or organization something you own (money, items, or your services) without repayment.  The key word is OWN.  Donald Trump's Salary is $1.  Therefore, he can only donate $1 of his salary anywhere and the Department of Education can't accept donations anyway.

What Trump did was move money before he got it.
He took the budget for "Presidential Salary" and moved it to somewhere else.  He did not get the money.  Therefore, he can not donate it because he did not own it.  He was entitled to it, but he changed the budget so he only got $1 instead.

It would be like if you worked for the government and told your boss "Just pay me $1 a year instead of $40,000".  Are you "donating" your money?  No, you are literally just telling your boss to not pay you what you were offered.  Trump just happens to be his own boss in that regard.  He literally just cut his own pay to $1 a year and the money originally budgeted to him was put elsewhere.  ie. Reallocated.

Wanna fight me?  Go get a list of organizations he donated to.  You know, Actual Charities.

Quote from: Lord Dave
Last I checked, cheating on your taxes is illegal.

Last I checked, no one proved that Trump did anything that was illegal and this illegality exists only in your deranged imaginations.
You are correct.  It hasn't been proven yet.  Mostly because the evidence has been hidden away at various banks out of country.  But rest assured, the IRS is investigating so something isn't right.  Don't you agree?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 09:37:53 AM by Lord Dave »

« Reply #6290 on: September 30, 2020, 02:50:11 AM »
Biden just killed the man
Pete please we’re best buds cmon man.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: September 30, 2020, 03:04:09 AM »
Biden just killed the man

I wouldn't go that far. He held his own pretty well but I doubt it'll have much of an effect on people's opinions.

Rama Set

« Reply #6292 on: September 30, 2020, 03:21:34 AM »
I'd even go so far as to say Trump looked better than Biden for the purposes of a silly debate.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: September 30, 2020, 04:39:11 AM »
Proud Boys, stand by!
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: September 30, 2020, 06:43:46 AM »
Biden: “This is the same man who said...maybe you can inject bleach into your arm, that’ll take care of it”

Trump: “That was said sarcastically, you know that”.

Chuckle.

Bit of a mess of a debate all round.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: September 30, 2020, 07:07:50 AM »
This made the debates between Trump and Hillary, you know the one where Trump threatened to put Hillary in prison, those look dignified in comparison.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: September 30, 2020, 11:44:19 AM »
How often was godwin's law invoked?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: September 30, 2020, 12:35:59 PM »
Doesn't that only hold online?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: September 30, 2020, 01:28:52 PM »
Doesn't that only hold online?
Considering the debate was what you'd see in an online forum, i think it applies.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: September 30, 2020, 01:30:00 PM »
Considering the debate was what you'd see in an online forum, i think it applies.
Perhaps we should invite both candidates to a debate in PR&S.

Or maybe it should just start in AR.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume