Here is the data I came up with while figuring out "At what height is the curvature of the Earth visible?" by Flat Earth Asshole.

The first issue the curvature has not been observed. In a youtube video by Flat Earth Asshole. "At what height is the curvature of the Earth visible?" To solve this I had to figure out the distance from the surface and the dimensions of Earth in order to properly observe the curvature or a flat surface.

The height is 6988.5941 miles vertically with camera angular field of view of 120 degrees to minimize lens distortion. If you reach that height with a camera pointed downward with a lens with 120 degrees angular field of view you will observe either a curvature or the entire flat surface of the Earth. Two birds with one stone. Now you can decrease the height by increase the angular field of view but that will increase your lens distortion. I will show how I figured this out below.

How to determine observation height:

Basically you solve the right triangle to find the height needed by the angular field of view of your camera lens. Divide it in half for the angle “A” that will allow you to find altitude, the field of view, and the other data points.

My calculations were:
Camera angular field of view: 120 degrees
A field of view to cover 24,209.2002 miles
Angles “A” = 60 degrees
Angles “B” = 30 degrees
Base of the Triangle = 12,104.6001 miles
Altitude = 6988.5941 miles

Dimensions of Earth:

Now when I was figuring out the dimensions of Earth whether flat of spherical I ran into something interesting pass the 87.0000S latitude there is a void of any data on Google earth. So I took my measurements from 85.0000S to the North Pole along Prime meridian. Whether the Earth is flat or spherical this distance would not change and has the least distortion. A 20 inches piece of string along the surface of a basketball laid out flat on a table is still 20 inches. Also if Google and the world powers were covering up the fact we are on a flat surface they would alter the maps as close as possible to reality. When lying or creating a coverup it is best to stick as close to the truth as possible. Also, the dimensions would only distort outward from the meridian lines.
I am using Statute Miles because with for one Statute Miles there is a curvature of 8 inches. Those are the numbers whether observed or not. To keep things consistent and to prevent errors I am using Statute Miles and Imperial measurements throughout.
I came up with 85.0000S 0.0000E and 90.0000N 0.0000E is 12104.6001 statute miles.

RADIUS = 12,104.6001 miles
R = C/2π
DIAMETER = 24,209.2002 miles
D = 2r
CIRCUMFERENCE = 76,055.4454 miles
C = 2πr
CIRCLE AREA = 460,310,376.5879 miles
A = πr2

They say the curvature can't be measure because the moon's tidal forces and gravity are constantly pulling and pushing on the Earth's surface distorting any measurements. I can't just dismiss things like gravity and tidal forces simply because they don't fit a theory. Plus I can observe the tides and a force pulling objects to the surface. So I must accept them till those forces are proven false through observation and experimentation.

To prove or disprove the curve the experiment that would finally end the debate would have to be conducted in the ocean with 5 vessels equipped with Infrared Lasers on a raised boom. Four vessels arranged in the corners of a box formation with 100 miles between each ship and one in the center of the box. Now the booms should be at a height of 60 to 80 feet to account for ocean swells and waves. By the numbers, the IR lasers should be blocked by a mile high curvature of water. If anything it would help find the true measurement of the curvature of the Earth.
I doubt there is absolutely zero curvature even if are in some sort of artificially created habitation there would be some curvature if nothing else than distributing loads.
Here are my thoughts or theories on the Flat Earth.

1.   The 8 inches curvature squared for every Statute Mile either is incorrect or can’t be observed and therefore doesn’t exist.
2.   Stars and galaxies staying in perfect alignment since the beginning of time with everything in constant motion at the speed of light and all while being unobservable.
3.   Photos, videos, and data of our Sun, Moon, and Outer Space, in general being heavily edited, doctored, or just withheld.
4.   The Secrecy about Antarctica useless frozen land mass. Yes, there our natural resources but the conditions are not feasible to be of any benefit.

My thoughts on Outer Space I doubt it is non-existence or total fictions. If there is no space nothing like galaxies even exist. Then how did the architects of the flat Earth come up with an idea to project such a detailed and complex façade. Also, why enclose a species then spark their curiosity by projecting far off planets and wonders. Why not just a blank black sky or some pleasant effect like an aurora in place of the stars, galaxies, and shooting stars. Just doesn’t make sense to totally fabricate it.
I believe if we are on a plane and not a sphere either there is a barrier that is transparent or is protecting an edited view of surroundings outside our enclosed habitat. The space programs are designed to cover it up. Secondly, there is no barrier and space does exist our Sun and Moon are artificial celestial bodies like our flat plane habitat with the same result from the space programs.
Or we are on a round spinning ball a much larger planet restricted to a small portion of it 24,209.2002 miles across to where we can barely observe the curvature or motions of the planet and the solar system etc. Whether a barrier exists or not there would still be a cover up and space programs fabricating discoveries.

If the Earth is Flat I believe it is artificial terrarium built to provide us a safe habitat till we mature as a species enough to survive and spread out among the stars. Like test and training ground before we face the real thing. Or it is a prison torturing us testing methods and tactics on how to keep and manipulate a large population people confined and unaware.
No matter what the goal is to reach past the wall of ice into the beyond. The whole thing has been designed to drive our curiosity, to explore beyond the horizon, to grow and expand. If you’re engineer you don’t build a cage 24,209.2002 miles across and screw up by putting a trillion carrots hanging from the ceiling and means to escape.

If created by a God they are a sadist as he created a habitat that can only support his creations for a very short time when you think of it. Right now we are at each other’s throat for resources and the means to survive. From the moment they created an enclosed habitat, we can’t expand outward from we were doomed to an agonizing death as people. That doesn’t sound like any Holy Book I have read.

Anyways that is the data I have and please double check my numbers. I love solving problems and have too much time on my hands. I am still on the fence whether we are on a plane or sphere. Honestly hoping for massive artificial terrarium because that means the technology to achieve the unimaginable exists just under our feet and 13,000 miles ahead of us.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
First, Welcome to the forum.  Please stick to the standard fonts for the bulk of your posts, using big or bold or whatever for emphasis.  Creating an entire post in giant bold font does not make your point any better.

They say the curvature can't be measure because the moon's tidal forces and gravity are constantly pulling and pushing on the Earth's surface distorting any measurements.
Who says this?  Who is "they" to whom you refer?

Here are my thoughts or theories on the Flat Earth.

1.   The 8 inches curvature squared for every Statute Mile either is incorrect or can’t be observed and therefore doesn’t exist.
2.   Stars and galaxies staying in perfect alignment since the beginning of time with everything in constant motion at the speed of light and all while being unobservable.
3.   Photos, videos, and data of our Sun, Moon, and Outer Space, in general being heavily edited, doctored, or just withheld.
4.   The Secrecy about Antarctica useless frozen land mass. Yes, there our natural resources but the conditions are not feasible to be of any benefit.
Here are my thoughts on your thoughts:
1. "Can't be observed" is not the same thing as "doesn't exist"  For most of human history the capability to observe bacteria had not been invented, but bacteria existed nevertheless.

2. Stars have NOT remained fixed since the beginning of time, nor even since the beginning of mankind's observations of them.  (And none of them are moving at the speed of light, not even close.)  The movement observed earliest in human history is precession, the movement across the starscape of the spot around which the other stars appear to rotate.  Today that spot is very near to Polaris; the illustration below shows the path taken across the sky.  In 3000 BCE, for example, you can see the pole star is one of the stars in the modern constellation Draco (Thuban, a star only 1/5 as bright as Polaris)

Observable by modern instruments on a much shorter time scale is the movement of one star relative to other stars.  For example, here is Barnard's Star, moving against the background of "stationary" stars (actually, stars moving as well, but much MUCH slower)

3. The statement that photos CAN be doctored is neither proof nor even evidence that they HAVE BEEN doctored.  Also, the supposed ease with which the moon landings could have been faked?  That's a lie too.  It would have required film equipment and technology that did not, and even now DOES not, exist.

4. There is no secrecy; you can go there yourself.  YOU specifically, Cherno Berserker, could pay for a trip to Antarctica.  It costs a lot, but you can go.  And ask yourself this: suppose there was a vast untapped region of natural resources.  Why would the government(s) keep that a secret?  Why not exploit it?  Resources buried in the ground are worthless, it is only in their extraction that natural resources become valuable.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

My reason for the larger or bold font is so I can see it not to make my point better thanks for making that assumption.

Examples of NASA:

Just a simple google search and 15 minutes of your time. If you want me to do further research on your behalf my rate is 100.00USD an hour.

NASA as shown they have no integrity and that as compromised them as a source of data. Do you have any evidence or data of an independent manned space mission please share?

So since you seem incapable of doing research or the math I made you a diagram:

With a simple camera lens with an angular field of view of 120 degrees at an altitude of 2288.1 miles, you will able film or take photos of the entire planet no photoshop or splicing required.

They say the curvature can't be measure because the moon's tidal forces and gravity are constantly pulling and pushing on the Earth's surface distorting any measurements.
Who says this?  Who is "they" to whom you refer?

Google It! I did my research if you want me to your research for you. It will cost 100.00USD an hour.

Here are my thoughts on your thoughts:
1. "Can't be observed" is not the same thing as "doesn't exist"  For most of human history the capability to observe bacteria had not been invented, but bacteria existed nevertheless.

Incorrect you can observe bacteria on old bread, coffee grounds, and even standing water. You can observe bacteria on the human body through infections etc. Just stop showering, turn your refrigerator off, and stop flushing the toliet if want to observe bacteria. Pretty easy again you need to do more research.

2. Stars have NOT remained fixed since the beginning of time, nor even since the beginning of mankind's observations of them.  (And none of them are moving at the speed of light, not even close.)  The movement observed earliest in human history is precession, the movement across the starscape of
 Today that spot is very near to Polaris; the illustration below shows the path taken across the sky.  In 3000 BCE, for example, you can see the pole star is one of the stars in the modern constellation Draco

Incorrect again you failed to do research again. There are ancient cultures and artifacts that still to this day are more accurate at astronomical alignments than even modern equipment and knowledge. If we are moving at 515,000 mph over the last 5000 years and still stoneage numbers and devices are the most correct we have.

4. There is no secrecy; you can go there yourself.  YOU specifically, Cherno Berserker, could pay for a trip to Antarctica.  It costs a lot, but you can go.  And ask yourself this: suppose there was a vast untapped region of natural resources.  Why would the government(s) keep that a secret?  Why not exploit it?  Resources buried in the ground are worthless, it is only in their extraction that natural resources become valuable.

Incorrect It is prohibited or requires permission to travel there. A citizen of a contracted parties can not simply travel there freely.

Please go here and do your own research before posting again. www.google.com Or better yet get a camera with a 120 degree or less AFOV lens to an altitude of 2288.1 miles take a photo of this blue ball.

There's not enough tinfoil for this one.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Where our my numbers wrong? Some of my examples of NASA doctoring data are openly admitted by NASA. So does mean not enough tinfoil for NASA as well?

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
"Incorrect you can observe bacteria on old bread, coffee grounds, and even standing water. You can observe bacteria on the human body through infections etc. "

Incorrect.  What you can see and/or observe is mold or the effects of bacteria.  You can NOT, with the naked eye, observe bacteria.

My cost to correct you is $200.00 per mistake corrected.  This one is free though.

I will be in touch with you to arrange payment for future mistakes corrected.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile

Some of my examples of NASA doctoring data are openly admitted by NASA. So does mean not enough tinfoil for NASA as well?

Incorrect!  NASA did not openly admit to doctoring data. NASA announced that certain images were composites. That is completely different.

"Admitting" something assumes there is guilt involved. NASA announced  . . . . . . . is simply saying that to make the picture easier to see it was modified in some Way.

In another forum a flat earther was accusing NASA  of "Photoshopping"  with a version of the photo shown below:

My reply was:
Here is a bit better version or that photo:
Quote from: JPL
This composite image of Earth and its moon, as seen from Mars, combines the best Earth image with the best moon image from four sets of images acquired on Nov. 20, 2016, by the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) camera on NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.

Each was separately processed prior to combining them so that the moon is bright enough to see. The moon is much darker than Earth and would barely be visible at the same brightness scale as Earth. The combined view retains the correct sizes and positions of the two bodies relative to each other.

Yes, NASA themselves simply stated that "Each was separately processed prior to combining them so that the moon is bright enough to see."

The same applies to some "Blue Marble", NASA states that they were composites, and how they were produced. That is not an "an admission"!

You must realise that a photo of even most of the globe is impossible (whatever the wide-angle lens used) at altitudes much below the geosynchronous orbit.
Even at altitude about 8° is missing all around the globe.

Offline model 29

• View Profile

Just glancing through these, I'll address this one really quick, this image was obviously a composite taken with the camera moving laterally (not rotating) while taking the shots.  In doing so, the background will not appear to move as much in the frame, and so the same features appear several times.  Notice the angle change of those repeating background features. 

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
The video and stills of "giant UFOs" and "black cubes" in the SOHO imagery: those "objects" are all pixelated.  They are so very obviously not actual objects, that I have to believe you're kidding. 

But in the spirit of the website, I'll play along.  IF you think there is one or more "black cubes" out there, a few more questions come to mind.
  • If there really was a "giant UFO" near the sun, they're not doing a good job of "hiding" or "covering up" the evidence if they were so careless as to release these images.  Seems to me, a coverup like this would have at least one guy whose job was to prevent such evidence from getting out.  He wouldn't even necessarily need to be in on it.  They could feed him a line like "Don't relase any pictures with 'glitches' in them, folks are counting on clean imagery for their research" or words to that effect.
  • Are you aware that SOHO is a satellite?  As evidence goes, if you believe these images are genuine photographs of the sun, then it goes against your statement about space being fake.  Seems to me you must either reject these images as complete fictions, in which case the black boxes mean nothing anyway, or you must accept that spacecraft orbiting a ROUND EARTH are a thing, in whch case what point are you even making here?
  • Suppose they had managed to keep these images from getting out.  How could such an object be hidden from terrestrial observers?  There are probably thousands of people all over the world, most of them unaffiliated with NASA, ESA, or the SOHO project, who take solar images for research or hobby purposes.  You could buy the requisite equipment yourself if you have $9000 to spare.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

This is one of the stupidest posts I have seen, unless the OP is a globe earther. All it is proving is that there are satellites up there taking pictures and that many of the published images are composites or have pixelation which has not been fixed in Photoshop. Looks like it is just a case of NASA bashing.
Why bother with all your calculations when there are satellites up there already producing pictures of the globe earth every day (eg Himawari 8, every 3 minutes so you can view the changing cloud formations on their website with the animation from he previous 24 hours of pictures) . Yes, the Japanese Photoshoppers must be better than NASA's.