Why no video

No video
4 (80%)
No video
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 3

ISS nonsense
« on: September 01, 2016, 08:56:00 PM »
I'd just like to ask any round earthers the following. 

If the ISS is what they tell us, why would they not show a live video of Tim Peake from take off to docking.  Including what must be the marvellous image of his craft leaving earths atmosphere and entering space.  Why don't the rockets that launch satellites do the same.  Why is there not one single frame of footage of a flight from Earth to space?  Surely that could make its own tv channel?  Or am I being stupid?  Why can't it be done?  We see a rocket take off, fly horizontal (for some reason) and the next video is of a man floating around in what looks exactly like an airliner

Offline model 29

• View Profile
Re: ISS nonsense
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 04:04:09 AM »
fly horizontal (for some reason)
So they can get into orbit.

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 07:04:46 AM »
You don't go into orbit by simply flying up. An orbit (and being weightless) is basically a never ending free fall towards earth. You keep falling, but your horizontal speed is high enough for you to keep missing. This is also why you can't follow a last stage of a rocket continuously until it docks. At some point, it will be behind the horizon.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

İntikam

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 07:15:02 AM »
As a FEB i want to say my idea.

This question shows you are using your own brain. So according to RE's you are a stupid. Why do you use your brain instead of accept as a sheep what NASA said . :)

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 10:10:20 PM »
You don't go into orbit by simply flying up

Is that a fact!?  Surely the quickest and most efficient way out of a magic ball is straight up???  Anyway, my question regarding video feeds was aimed at why they don't have on board cameras NOT a video from ground level of a 'rocket' docking at ISS.  That would be a bit difficult in terms of zoom etc.  Wouldn't it be brilliant to have for instance Tim Peake just simply pointing his iPhone out the window from take off to docking and put an end to idiots like me disputing everything.  It would be very easy to do and would answer a lot of questions that you ANDRUSZKOW can't seem to answer.  Please reply with a simple and logical explanation of why there is no recorded footage of a space ship leaving earths atmosphere.  That's all I need answering.  That question must be niggling your own mind now that you're thinking about it?  It's such an easy thing to do and it would completely debunk and close down this website and the entire FE thinking everywhere.  1 video!  Come on, you can't tell me you don't think they must have something to hide??  If you say you don't think it's a valid question then you're a liar mate

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 10:16:34 PM »
1. Nobody called him stupid, at least not in this thread (I'm not going to search the forum to find out if he's ever been called stupid)
2. There's this video, not exactly what you want but pretty close.  It is a compilation of video shot from several cameras on the Space Shuttle solid rocket boosters, from launch pad up to SRB Separation and back down to splashdown.

Here's another one, the launch of the Mars Climate Orbiter.  This one is exactly what you asked for, continuous video from launch to orbit. 

Here's a Space Shuttle launch, all the way to orbit, most of the time from the viewpoint of a camera mounted to the external fuel tank.

And finally, here's basically what you asked for in your most recent post, a "dashcam" video taken during a Space Shuttle launch.  Pretty boring, to be honest, there's nothing to look at in front of the spacecraft.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 10:30:51 PM »
No mate that's not an on board video.  That doesn't show astronauts in a vessel leaving earth and docking at the ISS.  What you've posted could be created by my 9 year old in a matter of hours.  I'm talking about someone who's supposedly doing what very few humans have done and flown away from Earth.  Someone who should be extra excited and want to share and document their once in a lifetime experience with the rest of the world.  If I was sent to space I would make sure I had a plethora of cameras recording my journey, wouldn't you?  Sorry mate but NASA videos are not the answer here.  We need real recordings showing real people and their reactions.  The absolute awe that it must give to look down on the spinning globe in all its glory!  I for one, would not pass the opportunity up to film such a sight.  Come on mate, search harder.  YouTube must be full of them, considering the ISS is 'never unmanned'.  Surely one of them has snuck a cheeky video online?

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 10:38:24 PM »
What you've posted could be created by my 9 year old in a matter of hours.
I'm sure we would all enjoy seeing that, post a link!

I'm talking about someone who's supposedly doing what very few humans have done and flown away from Earth.  Someone who should be extra excited and want to share and document their once in a lifetime experience with the rest of the world.  If I was sent to space I would make sure I had a plethora of cameras recording my journey, wouldn't you?
You know what?  It turns out that when you're going into space, you're kinda busy flying the spacecraft, monitoring the spacecraft, etc.  Don't have time for a video selfie.

But, at your request, I did a quick search (literally "quick", compare the timestamp of your post and mine) and found a cockpit camera view.  Look how the whole spacecraft shakes during launch.  You don't want to be trying to manage a handheld camera during the violent ascent and risk dropping it, striking another member of your crew or bouncing it off something important in the cabin.
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 10:51:47 PM »
That's a video of a launch is it?  If I didn't know better I'd say that could have been filmed anywhere.  I'm not saying it is mind you, I don't know.  But the point is, nor do you.  It didn't look too violent, and I'm sure that someone somewhere has the time to aim a camera out the window.  I mean lets be fair, I'm pretty sure it's mainly computer controlled like an airliner.  I can't imagine there's much steering to be done between 40,000-godnoshowmany ft.  In fact, with the media such an enormous market, they would have a dedicated film crew.  They would have a tv channel dedicated to all things cosmic.  You know I'm right in what I'm saying.  I don't know if the earth is flat or if it's round.  I don't know if we go to the ISS or we don't.  I don't know if we ever went to the moon.  But I'm an educated and intelligent person, and over the last 2 or 3 years I've started to research the subjects... Objectively.  I don't just look for reasons to believe in one thing or another, I look at all arguments.  And I just say, FE takes some beating in my mind.  There's too many questions that challenge the basic mathematics of a spinning ball that no one can seem to answer logically.  So for me, I can't at the moment believe that we live on a spinning ball with the information that we can research.  It just seems that everywhere I turn, nothing is concrete enough.  For instance, NASA admit that their images of the blue marble are composite.  Why?  Why couldn't the Hubble telescope take a quick pic or video of the earth spinning?  Why does it have to be composite images thrown together?

Offline Rounder

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 11:23:11 PM »
with the media such an enormous market, they would have a dedicated film crew.  They would have a tv channel dedicated to all things cosmic.
They have exactly that, and very few people spend much time watching it: NASA TV.  Your cable or satellite TV provider probably offers it, maybe not in the package you're paying for, but it's there.

Why couldn't the Hubble telescope take a quick pic or video of the earth spinning?
From the Hubble website: "The surface of the Earth is whizzing by as Hubble orbits, and the pointing system, designed to track the distant stars, cannot track an object on the Earth. The shortest exposure time on any of the Hubble instruments is 0.1 seconds, and in this time Hubble moves about 700 meters, or almost half a mile. So a picture Hubble took of Earth would be all streaks."
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 12:44:59 AM by Rounder »

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 11:39:03 PM »

If the ISS is what they tell us, why would they not show a live video of Tim Peake from take off to docking.  Including what must be the marvellous image of his craft leaving earths atmosphere and entering space.  Why don't the rockets that launch satellites do the same.  Why is there not one single frame of footage of a flight from Earth to space?  Surely that could make its own tv channel?  Or am I being stupid?  Why can't it be done?  We see a rocket take off, fly horizontal (for some reason) and the next video is of a man floating around in what looks exactly like an airliner
This is a not launch to the ISS, but it does show
"the marvellous image of his craft leaving earths atmosphere" at 20:54 and
"and entering space" at 22:06.
""

I have arbitrarily defined "leaving earths atmosphere" as reaching an altitude of 30 km, but there is no sharp dividing line and nothing to see!

Likewise I have arbitrarily defined "entering space" as reaching the "Kármán line" at an altitude of 100 km, again there is no sharp dividing line and nothing to see, but the Kármán line is generally taken as "entering space"!

And the rocket appears to be travelling horizontally because it is not heading straight up into "outer space", but into orbit at a few hundred kilometres.

As well as this it will have travelled far enough down-range to be starting to follow the curve of the earth. Note that the "altitude" readout is continually increasing, till it finally reaches 217 km, with a speed of 27,100 km/hr.

Yes, essentially nothing to see. What would you expect?

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2016, 09:11:28 AM »
As a FEB i want to say my idea.

This question shows you are using your own brain. So according to RE's you are a stupid. Why do you use your brain instead of accept as a sheep what NASA said . :)

To what extent though?

Any person can use their brain to come up with a question.  Doesn't mean it's a good question though.

Any person can also use their brain to learn why a rocket goes from a vertical trajectory to a horizontal/vertical trajectory.  Doesn't mean that people do.

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2016, 09:21:28 AM »
Anyway, my question regarding video feeds was aimed at why they don't have on board cameras NOT a video from ground level of a 'rocket' docking at ISS.

I'm left wondering why you haven't written to NASA with this question.

I'm also left wondering why you're even asking the question to begin with.

You've already proved yourself to be like 99% of all other flat earthers in that you won't believe anything you see, hear or read unless it aligns with what you already believe.

You've already set it up for failure as you believe the inside of the space shuttle and ISS looks exactly like the inside of an airliner.  What airlines are you flying on which have such stripped down aircraft?  The only aircraft I've been in that are stripped of all creature comforts are military transport and they don't even look like the interior of the space shuttle or ISS, at least in the pictures I've seen of them.  Or have you actually been in the space shuttle and ISS and therefor have first hand experience in what they look like on the inside?

As with the video request.  Even if an astronaut did exactly what you are asking for you still wouldn't believe it.  You'd come up with a cock and bull story about it being pieced together from various bits and pieces because the light wouldn't be the same in all frames or you'd see something in the video that you believe marks it as a fake.

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2016, 10:36:23 AM »
The reason no one shoots a video out a capsule leaving the atmosphere is because it's covered in fairings. The fairings are in place for aerodynamic reasons during ascent through the thickest part of the atmosphere. The shuttle didn't have this, there's plenty of full time videos of some of the shuttle videos shot inside the cockpit.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline Woody

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2016, 01:30:35 AM »
I always enjoy people thinking a rocket not going straight up is evidence of a conspiracy.
When the opposite is true. 

To put something into orbit it needs to reach a certain speed.

A very inefficient way to do this is to launch straight up then turn to reach orbital velocity once out of the atmosphere.

A efficient way to do this is to take advantage of gravity and do a gravity turn.  So the vehicle is not only gaining altitude it is gaining the speed needed to achieve orbit.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2016, 04:36:43 AM »

Right at the start of this thread someone should have asked you "why would they bother to show a live video of Tim Peake from take off to docking?"

You may think that NASA is trying to convince people that the earth is a Globe.

I think if you really look at the evidence with an open mind, you will find that almost everyone accepted that the earth is a Globe. No-one was "trying to prove anything".

The details of the Solar System had been (in the most part) for centuries. So if you think NASA owes you pretty videos to convince the unconvincable, I think you over-rate your own importance.

From your comments on existing videos, I can imagine your reaction. You would claim that your pet budgie could do better, remain unconvinced.

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2016, 05:45:34 AM »
Please reply with a simple and logical explanation of why there is no recorded footage of a space ship leaving earths atmosphere.  That's all I need answering.  That question must be niggling your own mind now that you're thinking about it?  It's such an easy thing to do and it would completely debunk and close down this website and the entire FE thinking everywhere.  1 video!  Come on, you can't tell me you don't think they must have something to hide??  If you say you don't think it's a valid question then you're a liar mate

Though I'm sure you're long gone and will never read this I'll say it anyway.

You say that the one video you are requesting would be easy to produce and would debunk all of FET.

Something that would be easier and less costly than putting a man into space would be for the FE society to mount an expedition to the ice wall to map it and measure it.  This would, if supportive of the FET, be irrefutable proof of the theory. 

Why has it never been done?  Surely there are enough FE believers around the world to finance such an expedition so it shouldn't be about money.

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2016, 09:39:55 AM »
They dare not even travel to Antarctica in December because the 24 hour sun would freak them out! In fact they are petrified of the Southern Hemisphere because it destroys all their theories! Are there any FE'ers from the Southern Hemisphere? I doubt it unless the can't go outdoors at all.