Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Re: Trump
« Reply #301 on: January 24, 2017, 03:57:07 PM »
“When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice,”

lol thanks, judy blume
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 24, 2017, 04:28:49 PM »
They've already shown an unwillingness to truthfully report what he says anyway.

There are certainly uncharitable interpretations of what he said out there but we've seen him telling lies and racist/ misogynist things on live television and in his own tweets - or are you saying that MSM has somehow distorted them, too?

« Reply #303 on: January 24, 2017, 04:49:27 PM »
If something is a bold face lie I'm sure the media will tear it apart. But who tears apart bald-faced lies of the mainstream media? They aren't held accountable, and that's partially what Spicer insinuated in the conference. Too often they report unsubstantiated stories with obviously sensational headlines just to pop a retraction in fine print at the bottom of the article days later. More often than not the headline itself is crafted in a way to confirm a target audience's biases so people will share without even reading it. Not to mention the MSM was busted RED HANDED colluding with the democrats so how can anyone reasonably expect them to be fair in the coverage, or lines of questioning.

I understand that you dislike the MSM, and I understand where you are coming from in that regard and don't think anything more needs to be said.  I am concerned with people's lack of concern over an administration blatantly lying to the public without any regard for them.  This problem becomes compounded when the same public mistrusts the MSM, that you say will "tear it apart".  How do you protect yourself against a line of thinking where POTUS lies, the MSM "tears it apart" and you decide that you trust POTUS because the MSM is obviously corrupt?

Which lies did the POTUS tell so far? Can you specify?

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 24, 2017, 05:05:12 PM »
That's a very carefully constructed sentence, as a candidate and PEOTUS the lies were tiresome, but he's only been POTUS for 4 days. Are you counting the lies from his representatives and websites, in which case we can already include Spicer's comments about it being the 'biggest inauguration ever. Period' and misleading Washington DC crime statistics, but if you're limiting it to just his live broadcast words and tweets, then we're left with the lie about it not raining during his speech.

I suppose 1 outright lie in 4 days isn't too bad.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 24, 2017, 05:21:57 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/01/23/trump-names-his-inauguration-day-a-national-day-of-patriotic-devotion/

How creepy.
Yeah that's... unusual.
Next thing you know he'll put his birthday up as a national holiday.

Wait, does that mean schools will be closed on January 20th?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 24, 2017, 05:28:49 PM »

Recently, he's claimed that the media only made it look like he had a feud with the intelligence community, when there's ample evidence of him repeatedly attacking, criticizing, and contradicting them in his public statements, during the debates with Hillary, and on Twitter. These are his words, presented on his own terms. The media isn't misquoting him, removing the context, or distorting what he said in any way. Blaming the media has just become his default response when anything he says is poorly received.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 24, 2017, 05:50:15 PM »

Recently, he's claimed that the media only made it look like he had a feud with the intelligence community, when there's ample evidence of him repeatedly attacking, criticizing, and contradicting them in his public statements, during the debates with Hillary, and on Twitter. These are his words, presented on his own terms. The media isn't misquoting him, removing the context, or distorting what he said in any way. Blaming the media has just become his default response when anything he says is poorly received.

Saddam, you're wrong.
He wasn't feuding.  It's complete BS.

Trump was just insulting them, telling them how horrible they are, and what they did was wrong.
If it was a feud, the CIA would have done the same back.  Obviously the CIA knew they were wrong and begged God Emperor Donald for forgiveness.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 24, 2017, 05:58:59 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/business/economy/trump-business-leaders-meetings-ceos.html?partner=msft_msn&_r=0

So Trump is using his presidential power to threaten businesses to bring in jobs.

I applaud him for this.
Then I look at his base and ask "Is this what letting the free market work looks like?"

« Reply #309 on: January 24, 2017, 07:39:09 PM »
http://time.com/4645559/donald-trump-epa-social-media-blackout/

I guess it's not just the National Parks Service then.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 24, 2017, 08:34:08 PM »
http://time.com/4645559/donald-trump-epa-social-media-blackout/

I guess it's not just the National Parks Service then.

Some of it is normal.

But given what his press secretary said yesterday, I'm guessing it's a "God, the media just keeps bothering us!  We gotta shut em up!"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 24, 2017, 08:57:09 PM »
Welp, looks like Trump STILL thinks the election was rigged.

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/24/511420960/trump-still-insists-millions-voted-illegally-theres-no-evidence-of-that

And is bitching about it.

Ok, so maybe it was?  I mean, this could be a subconscious "Hey guys, I cheated!  Someone stop me before it's too late" cry for help.

« Reply #312 on: January 24, 2017, 09:44:48 PM »
I don't understand. Why even bring up the election anymore? He won. There was a peaceful transfer of power. The only reason to bring up this preposterous claim of millions of illegal votes is because Trump personally is insecure about losing the popular vote.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 24, 2017, 09:58:30 PM »
I don't understand. Why even bring up the election anymore? He won. There was a peaceful transfer of power. The only reason to bring up this preposterous claim of millions of illegal votes is because Trump personally is insecure about losing the popular vote.

He probably saw a news article about it.

Trump is very insecure about himself and now that he's basically being sunburned by the magnifying glass of the press, he's losing his shit.

I predict heart attack within 6 months.  Or he nukes the East Coast.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 24, 2017, 10:52:59 PM »
Trump is very insecure about himself and now that he's basically being sunburned by the magnifying glass of the press, he's losing his shit.

Rightly or not, he's been under fire from the media for most of his life. I strongly doubt it will suddenly start affecting his well-being (more than it already has).
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: January 25, 2017, 02:49:24 AM »
On this level, though? I was used to hearing shitty things about Trump maybe...once every few months? A year? Now it's a daily thing on a whole new scale.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

« Reply #316 on: January 25, 2017, 05:17:37 AM »
Can't decide on an article to share, so I'll leave y'all to google if you'd like, but Trump reinstated the Global Gag Rule, which has been known to have drastic negative impacts on women's health worldwide.

It's rather silly, really. US funds never go toward abortions abroad anyway, but with the GGR clinics that receive aid from us would lose that aid if they were to even mention abortion as an option for their patients. The GGR kills women--both women who are seeking non-abortion-related healthcare and can't find it and women who turn to unsafe methods of terminating their pregnancy as a last resort.

« Reply #317 on: January 25, 2017, 05:33:44 AM »
Oh, also the executive order to allow the Dakota Access Pipeline to continue through Standing Rock.

Trump is doing objectionable shit faster than I can object to it :|

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 25, 2017, 07:33:49 AM »

Rightly or not, he's been under fire from the media for most of his life. I strongly doubt it will suddenly start affecting his well-being (more than it already has).

Snupes is right.  Yeah he's gotten bad press but it's been pretty minor by comparison.  I mean, his press secretary said it best: It's demoralizing when you turn on the TV and are told constantly what you can't do that it's not good enough.

He's 20 hours of the 24 hour news cycle and I don't think he's handling it well.

Yeah mollete: sucks but I expected the pipeline to go through.  We can all have a good cry when it spills oil or fails to do anything more than make oil companies happier.

The GGR I'm surprised at but then again, the administration probably wants to overturn Roe v Wade.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 25, 2017, 10:16:56 AM »
Oh, also the executive order to allow the Dakota Access Pipeline to continue through Standing Rock.
Well, that one was to be expected. Everyone's been talking about it ever since Obama suspended it. What may be more surprised to many is that Justin Trudeau is happy about the development. A few fangirls' hearts probably just got broken.

Trump reinstated the Global Gag Rule, which has been known to have drastic negative impacts on women's health worldwide.
I'm not trying to defend it - I think it's a bad idea in its current implementation - but I do think it's important to keep context in mind. Most of Trump's early reforms are primarily guided by reducing the budget deficit. Government spending was through the roof, and since the economy is not recovering from the 2008 crisis as well as originally hoped, something has to give. If we combine that with many conservatives (even those who don't oppose abortions outright) being violently opposed to the idea of taxpayer-sponsored abortion, we might yet find that this decision will boost his popularity
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume