Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Re: Moon and Stars
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2020, 07:59:48 PM »
Jay, picture it this way;

In any square or rectangular room in your home, place a ball in the centre, such as a basketball or football.

Draw imaginary lines to the four corners of the room at the ceiling, and another four to the corners at the floor

Imagine yourself standing on top of the ball, as if you are in the Northern Hemisphere. If you spin the ball anti-clockwise, the equivalent of West to East on Earth, the corners will appear to move from your left to your right. Agree? Your viewpoint will be moving right to left, and the points will move in your field of view from left to right.

Agree?

Imagine yourself standing on the base of the ball. You spin it anti-clockwise. The corners will now appear to move right to left, won't they?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2020, 01:00:59 AM »
Jay, picture it this way;

In any square or rectangular room in your home, place a ball in the centre, such as a basketball or football.

Draw imaginary lines to the four corners of the room at the ceiling, and another four to the corners at the floor

Imagine yourself standing on top of the ball, as if you are in the Northern Hemisphere. If you spin the ball anti-clockwise, the equivalent of West to East on Earth, the corners will appear to move from your left to your right. Agree? Your viewpoint will be moving right to left, and the points will move in your field of view from left to right.

Agree?

Imagine yourself standing on the base of the ball. You spin it anti-clockwise. The corners will now appear to move right to left, won't they?

I agree. But that’s not what’s happening in the video. It might look like that at first but the stars in the bottom left corner are going the slowest.  Meaning small circles around the pole.  The upper right corner is going the fastest on the page.  Which means it’s not circulating around a different  pole but all the stars are circulating around the same star. 

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2020, 06:24:51 AM »
In fact,  something was wrong with every video I watched tonight that had stars that were supposedly going different directions towards each pole.  On a RE The stars at the equator should look like there moving the fastest and at each pole should be the slowest moving stars. The only vids I could find were slow moving stars at one Pole. Fast moving stars at the equator. And faster moving stars closer to the opposite pole.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2020, 11:48:18 AM »
I agree. But that’s not what’s happening in the video.

Yes, the photographer was not AT the North Pole, was he?

So the next stage is to picture yourself standing not ON the pole, but at some point below it, looking Northward toward the pole, and the point above it. Such as a light fitting in the centre of the room.

You would be on the ball, at some angle between vertical and horizontal, and if you looked up to the light fitting directly above the pole, and had the corners of the room in view as well, with the ball spinning anti-clockwise, the corners would move from your left to right, clockwise around the light fitting

Agree?

What happens if you imagine yourself between the middle and bottom of the ball, looking toward an equivalent polar point on the floor? Which way would the corners be seen to move? From your right to left? Anti-clockwise around the point on the floor?

Nearly?

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2020, 06:57:50 PM »
I agree. But that’s not what’s happening in the video.

Yes, the photographer was not AT the North Pole, was he?

So the next stage is to picture yourself standing not ON the pole, but at some point below it, looking Northward toward the pole, and the point above it. Such as a light fitting in the centre of the room.

You would be on the ball, at some angle between vertical and horizontal, and if you looked up to the light fitting directly above the pole, and had the corners of the room in view as well, with the ball spinning anti-clockwise, the corners would move from your left to right, clockwise around the light fitting

Agree?

What happens if you imagine yourself between the middle and bottom of the ball, looking toward an equivalent polar point on the floor? Which way would the corners be seen to move? From your right to left? Anti-clockwise around the point on the floor?

Maybe we’re talking about different parts of the vid. There point was if your standing at the equator stars on one side will turn toward one pole and stars on the other side will turn toward the opposite pole.  But that’s not true. All stars revolve around the North Star. And you can tell in the videos because the stars are moving faster the further they are from the North Star.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2020, 07:14:01 PM »
Their point was if your standing at the equator stars on one side will turn toward one pole and stars on the other side will turn toward the opposite pole. 

I don't think that was their point at all. From the text intro; "Time-lapse and star trail video's compiled into a movie - each clip contains around 500 stills rendered using LightRoom and StarStax. The images were taken in summer on the Island of Guernsey UK for the Northern Hemisphere, and the Warrumbungle Ranges near Siding Springs Australia for the Southern Hemisphere."

Neither location is "on" the equator.

Nearly?

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2020, 01:58:12 AM »
A Northern hemisphere compass will not work properly in the Southern Hemisphere and vice versa.
Do you really think that's a thing?
I already explained the parallax thing.
I note you ignored the question about the observation of starts rotating around a southern point from the southern hemisphere in the opposite direction than the way they rotate in the northern hemisphere. Do you have an explanation or are you just denying that happens?
I don’t understand. All stars rotate east to west. Like a giant disco ball(Exactly like a disco ball) turning with mirrored walls(the dome).

The direction of the rotation of the stars depends on the hemisphere you're in

How would you explain that in your model?

All around the world first sent me the video asking me my explanation about the stars rotating around the hemispheres in opposite direction.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2020, 09:29:36 AM »
In fact,  something was wrong with every video I watched tonight that had stars that were supposedly going different directions towards each pole.  On a RE The stars at the equator should look like there moving the fastest and at each pole should be the slowest moving stars. The only vids I could find were slow moving stars at one Pole. Fast moving stars at the equator. And faster moving stars closer to the opposite pole.

I don't know how one sensibly compares speeds between videos, you'd need to know the rate at which the timelapse was taken.
Here are videos showing a sun timelapse in the south:

And the north:

Note how the sun moves in opposite directions (well, obviously it's actually the earth spinning in different directions).
This demonstrates the same effect as shown above.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2020, 03:28:04 PM »
In time lapse photos why are the star trails curved one direction in the north and another direction in the south? Oh and please explain why the star trails are longer the further your get away from Polaris in the north and Crux in the south? 
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Inigo Montoya

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2020, 01:06:53 PM »
In time lapse photos why are the star trails curved one direction in the north and another direction in the south? Oh and please explain why the star trails are longer the further your get away from Polaris in the north and Crux in the south? 

I’m not sure if they do curve opposite directions.  If that’s the case the stars would travel the fastest at the equator and slow down in both directions.  All the videos I’ve seen, only one side slows down and the side that looks like it curves in the opposite directions actually speeds up. But if it was the Southern Hemisphere and curving towards the South Pole the stars would start slowing down again. So what you are seeing in these videos are not 2 hemispheres but still only 1. 

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2020, 01:19:31 PM »
And if your just asking why one looks like it’s spinning clockwards and anti clockwards it’s cause they used mirrors. You can tell at the end it’s the same tree line but looks like the stars are going different directions.  And also the constellations are all northern hemisphere Constellations.  My question to you is why would you have to fake a video to get your results your looking for?

totallackey

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2020, 01:20:33 PM »
I don’t understand. All stars rotate east to west. Like a giant disco ball(Exactly like a disco ball) turning with mirrored walls(the dome).

The direction of the rotation of the stars depends on the hemisphere you're in

How would you explain that in your model?
Quit posting patently false information.

The direction the stars rotate over your head depend on the direction you are facing while standing still on the flat earth plane.

If you are facing north, the stars are moving from your right side to your left.

If you are facing south, the stars are moving from your left side to your right.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2020, 02:37:48 PM »
The direction the stars rotate over your head depend on the direction you are facing while standing still on the flat earth plane.
If you are facing north, the stars are moving from your right side to your left.
If you are facing south, the stars are moving from your left side to your right.

Can you describe or illustrate how that happens?

I can refer back to my posts above which do this for a globe, but if (for example) you have a flat plane with "North" in the centre, surely looking over that point to the other side is the same as looking South from the other side. If you disagree, give us an illustration of what you mean ...

Nearly?

totallackey

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2020, 04:21:02 PM »

Can you describe or illustrate how that happens?

I can refer back to my posts above which do this for a globe, but if (for example) you have a flat plane with "North" in the centre, surely looking over that point to the other side is the same as looking South from the other side. If you disagree, give us an illustration of what you mean ...
Yes.

On a clear night, go to a very dark place and stand facing north for about one hour pointing a camera to the heavens and allow the camera shutter to remain open.

Then, stand facing south repeating the process described above.

Or, watch the videos here.

It is evident the guy is facing north, then turning to face south.

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2020, 11:50:45 PM »
And if your just asking why one looks like it’s spinning clockwards and anti clockwards it’s cause they used mirrors. You can tell at the end it’s the same tree line but looks like the stars are going different directions.  And also the constellations are all northern hemisphere Constellations.  My question to you is why would you have to fake a video to get your results your looking for?

Oh there it is. It’s fake. I’ve been lurking here waiting for that.

Get the nightcap app on your iPhone and do a time lapse video and get whatever evidence you want to get and then share your results here.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 11:54:39 PM by ImAnEngineerToo »

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2020, 06:21:29 AM »

Well you explain how you have northern hemisphere constellations but one turns clock-wards and the other counter clockwise 

Oh there it is. It’s fake. I’ve been lurking here waiting for that.

Get the nightcap app on your iPhone and do a time lapse video and get whatever evidence you want to get and then share your results here.

You explain how you have northern hemisphere constellations in both clips but in one clip the stars turn clock-wards and the other counter clock-wards

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2020, 11:21:23 AM »
You explain how you have northern hemisphere constellations in both clips but in one clip the stars turn clock-wards and the other counter clock-wards

Can you show which constellations are in both videos? Stars which are "above" the equator would possibly be in both, depending on where the videos were taken from. But I've never seen the Southern Cross. People in Australia have never seen Polaris. Why would that be on a flat earth?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2020, 12:03:57 PM »
You explain how you have northern hemisphere constellations in both clips

Please show us which ones you mean.

In case the next question is "how do I ..."

Screen capture from video, image edit software to label them, upload to Imgur or similar, link here

Nearly?

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2020, 06:30:25 PM »

Can you show which constellations are in both videos? Stars which are "above" the equator would possibly be in both, depending on where the videos were taken from. But I've never seen the Southern Cross. People in Australia have never seen Polaris. Why would that be on a flat earth?

There all northern hemisphere constellations. That’s why they make constellations maps on FE maps.
And back to my original question. Why doesn’t the moon pass in front of any stars.  You will never see a star disappear behind the moon because the moon passes in between a star and earth. No matter where you stand at ok Earth.
It takes the moon 28 days to make a round trip around a RE. 14 days on the side of the sun and 14 days on the night side. That means you shouldn’t be able to see the moon for 14 nights. Especially during the winter months. But yet you do. 
So much that doesn’t add up for a RE but I’m trying to stay in topic.

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2020, 07:03:18 PM »
I’m saying as much as I watched the moon move across the night sky. I haven’t once seen a star disappear behind the moon. And if you answer honestly, I’m pretty sure you haven’t either.

This is the event you're describing (lunar occultation):
https://time.com/4185018/watch-star-disappear-moon/
https://www.space.com/31609-moon-block-star-aldebaran-tuesday.html

Here's another example from the University of Hawai'i:
https://www.ifa.hawaii.edu/~barnes/ASTR110L_F03/lunaroccultation.html

As a slight aside, Aristotle recorded the Moon covering Mars on April 4, 357 B.C:
https://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/celestial-objects-to-watch/occultations/

I've never investigated this personally as I don't believe it warrants it - but if you'd like to disprove it, read up on the equipment required and record the outcome for us?

Sorry I missed your comment. I got side tracked.  So most of the articles they are talking about planets(but they use to be called wondering stars).  The other articles I read a lot of might see or possible and only show pictures of the moon with the object next to it.   The second article has a lot of stars surrounding the moon but says the moon will only pass in front of one but doesn’t show any evidence b of that. Just a picture with the star next to it.
But doesn’t matter because all can be faked. The only proof you need is to go outside at night and look for yourself. All the stars in the night sky the moon should definitely pass in front of plenty. And I have watched many of nights and haven’t seen it happen. And not one person on here says they seen it happen either.