Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
Re: wikipedia will take money from your dead relatives
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2014, 09:47:08 PM »
I'd say to companies, you can have exclusive control of your own page for 0.1 cents per page view.

Are you drunk again?
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Ghost of V

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2014, 09:54:40 PM »
Yes let's just turn Wikipedia into an advertising platform. Because we need more of those.

It's better than begging and looking like a tool.

Thork

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2014, 09:58:40 PM »
I'd say to companies, you can have exclusive control of your own page for 0.1 cents per page view.

Are you drunk again?
A little bit. I just had the bottom train tracks put in a few hours ago. My fucking face hurts. Guzzled half a bottle of rum and coke to numb the pain. But I think my idea is still better than begging. No one likes a millionaire telling them to buy them a coffee. Fuck off Jimmy. I use Wikipedia because it ranks highest and is the first thing I see. Not because I think the great unwashed who edit it are infallible and unbiased.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 10:10:58 PM by Thork »

Ghost of V

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2014, 10:08:51 PM »
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 10:11:25 PM by Vauxhall »

Thork

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2014, 10:13:48 PM »

It is funny because the letter at the top appears when I view the page. Jimmy Wales has no shame.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2014, 10:15:54 PM »
It's ironic that Wikipedia has an article titled "Internet Begging"?
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Ghost of V

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2014, 10:16:41 PM »
It's ironic that Wikipedia has an article titled "Internet Begging"?

No. Try to keep up.

From the article:
"Internet begging differs from street begging in that it can be practiced with relative anonymity, thereby eliminating or reducing the shame and disgrace apparent of begging in public."

Yet on that same page there is a message from Jimmy Wales begging you to donate. No shame.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 10:29:22 PM by Vauxhall »

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2014, 10:35:33 PM »
Would it not be more shameful for Wikipedia employees to beg physically, on the streets? I still don't see where the irony is.

Ghost of V

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2014, 10:39:33 PM »
Would it not be more shameful for Wikipedia employees to beg physically, on the streets? I still don't see where the irony is.

It would be just as shameful. Jimmy Wales has brought shame upon his entire family. The only way he could bring honor back to his family name would be to commit seppuku.

Thork

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2014, 10:40:13 PM »

It would be just as shameful. Jimmy Wales has brought shame upon his entire family. The only way he could bring honor back to his family name would be to commit seppuku.
I would donate £3 for him to do this.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2014, 10:48:10 PM »
Well, I'm not having kids, and most of my close family will probably be dead by the time I die (aside from my couple of siblings, who are doing fairly well for themselves all things considered)

Since you seem so supportive of Wikipedia, they also have an option where they deduct a percentage from your paycheck every week/2 weeks depending on how you get paid. Have you ever considered actually giving money to Wikipedia instead of just talking about it? They need your help, Snupes.

https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Ways_to_Give#payroll
Uhh, what on earth makes you think I don't donate to Wikipedia?

Do you donate to Wikipedia?

Absolutely. I use Wikipedia daily and greatly appreciate it, so I'm more than glad to.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2014, 11:23:39 PM »

Street beggars annoy you when you're minding your own business. The nice thing about Wikimedia's method of "begging" is that you're only going to see it if you're already benefiting from the service that needs money.

Ghost of V

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2014, 11:26:50 PM »

Street beggars annoy you when you're minding your own business. The nice thing about Wikimedia's method of "begging" is that you're only going to see it if you're already benefiting from the service that needs money.

And they basically have a monopoly on information on the internet. Of course you're going to be using their services. Everyone who uses the internet is basically forced to. If they weren't getting enough traffic I'm sure they'd be begging on other sites.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2014, 11:28:04 PM »
And they basically have a monopoly on information on the internet.

Lol

Ghost of V

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2014, 11:30:02 PM »

Lol

Good talk

Thork

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2014, 11:45:54 PM »

A busker could say the same thing.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2014, 12:16:18 AM »

A busker could say the same thing.

You probably aren't deliberately seeking out buskers. I've also never seen a busker who is actively begging. They simply leave a cup or hat out while they play Wonderwall.

Ghost of V

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2014, 12:38:38 AM »
I'd also like to add that Wikipedia is a very common source, and because of that links to it can be found on almost every site across the internet.  1 out of every 1 person using the internet stumbles across a Wikipedia article somehow when browsing.

So they're begging for money all over the internet basically.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 12:46:26 AM by Vauxhall »

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2014, 01:10:34 AM »

elol
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2014, 05:06:56 AM »
lol, making donations ever
The Mastery.