Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #4240 on: August 07, 2019, 05:51:25 PM »
Any ball really.

I don’t think it’s fair to pin this type of stuff on someone. There is a great chance that if Trump weren’t around, then the shooter would have clung to some other inspiration for his delusion.

Maybe.  But having encouragement that you're right from the president helps.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: August 07, 2019, 08:50:24 PM »
I don’t think it’s fair to pin this type of stuff on someone. There is a great chance that if Trump weren’t around, then the shooter would have clung to some other inspiration for his delusion.

So when people talk about how dangerous Trump's incendiary and violent words are when describing the border crisis, what do you think they're talking about?

We have a President who refers to incoming migrants as an invasion; who warns that they are rapists, and murderers, and gang members. And what's more we have a government that's not willing to do anything about it! Small wonder that some might look at that as a call to arms.

I'm not saying every time someone goes on a shooting rampage Trump is to blame. But it would be disingenuous to ignore his role in a massacre at the border by a shooter whose sentiments certainly match Trump's, and who allegedly published a manifesto echoing his own language. Come on.

Even Trump seems to recognize there's something to it, otherwise he wouldn't have frantically deleted all his tweets where he refers to the Mexican "invasion" in the wake of the shooting.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: August 07, 2019, 09:12:38 PM »

So when people talk about how dangerous Trump's incendiary and violent words are when describing the border crisis, what do you think they're talking about?

We have a President who refers to incoming migrants as an invasion; who warns that they are rapists, and murderers, and gang members. And what's more we have a government that's not willing to do anything about it! Small wonder that some might look at that as a call to arms.

I'm not saying every time someone goes on a shooting rampage Trump is to blame. But it would be disingenuous to ignore his role in a massacre at the border by a shooter whose sentiments certainly match Trump's, and who allegedly published a manifesto echoing his own language. Come on.

Even Trump seems to recognize there's something to it, otherwise he wouldn't have frantically deleted all his tweets where he refers to the Mexican "invasion" in the wake of the shooting.

He did?
WELL now...

I mean, we shouldn't be shocked.  Trump is failing in almost every poll for the presidential election.  So he's trying to be as presidential as possible.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: August 07, 2019, 09:31:06 PM »

He did?
WELL now...

I mean, we shouldn't be shocked.  Trump is failing in almost every poll for the presidential election.  So he's trying to be as presidential as possible.

Actually looking for reference to it now it looks like it was a false rumor. Oops.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: August 07, 2019, 10:02:52 PM »

He did?
WELL now...

Actually looking for reference to it now it looks like it was a false rumor. Oops.

Oh.  Well at least its good ammo for the election.  I mean, democrats could save alot of money by just using his tweets as ads against him.

Would if be called 'mud slinging' if you just use their own words as an ad?

Rama Set

« Reply #4245 on: August 07, 2019, 10:25:11 PM »
Trump’s supporters seem to be incapable of criticizing him (see: Lackey, Total) so why would this strategy be successful?

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: August 08, 2019, 03:57:32 AM »
Trump’s supporters seem to be incapable of criticizing him (see: Lackey, Total) so why would this strategy be successful?

Its not for base.  His base is only about 30%.  Its for the moderates who are on the fence about supporting him.  The people who voted for him, thinking he'd calm down after the election.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: August 08, 2019, 08:24:03 PM »
https://www.axios.com/warren-orourke-trump-is-a-white-supremacist-1d9eba24-c253-4437-b07a-d4b6641e660b.html

Finally Trump's opponents have stopped using that ridiculous euphemism and started referring to Trump as what he is. Good for them.

totallackey

« Reply #4248 on: August 09, 2019, 10:37:10 AM »
https://www.axios.com/warren-orourke-trump-is-a-white-supremacist-1d9eba24-c253-4437-b07a-d4b6641e660b.html

Finally Trump's opponents have stopped using that ridiculous euphemism and started referring to Trump as what he is. Good for them.
Yes.

Good for them.

Bad for their election chances.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: August 09, 2019, 02:26:10 PM »

Its not for base.  His base is only about 30%.  Its for the moderates who are on the fence about supporting him.  The people who voted for him, thinking he'd calm down after the election.

I'm surprised that there are still people that haven't made up their mind about him.

His nonsense is so inescapable that surely everyone knows about his many flaws whether they want to or not.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: August 09, 2019, 02:46:48 PM »

I'm surprised that there are still people that haven't made up their mind about him.

His nonsense is so inescapable that surely everyone knows about his many flaws whether they want to or not.
Probably, but he can hope he can sway some minds.  Or at least not alienate more.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: August 10, 2019, 07:25:07 AM »
Trump Says He Supports 'Intelligent' Background Checks https://n.pr/2KF9le9

Anyone else find it disturbing that it took not kids, teens, or gay people at a club dying, but mexicans at a walmart for Republicans to talk about gun control?

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: August 10, 2019, 10:07:14 PM »

Yes.

Good for them.

Possibly. Trump seems to be doubling down on the idea that enough people are racists that having it out in the open will only help him.

I think that most racists in this country are people like yourself who are already part of that group that would still vote for him if he murdered his youngest son in the middle of the day in Times Square, and hope that if the point is hammered enough (which should be easy if Trump keeps being so blatant about it) his more moderate supporters from the last election will be so turned off by it that they switch sides.

But time will tell, eh? We will know if you're right that the country as a whole is simply irredeemably racist after the next election, I suppose.

totallackey

« Reply #4253 on: August 11, 2019, 08:44:45 AM »

Yes.

Good for them.

Possibly. Trump seems to be doubling down on the idea that enough people are racists that having it out in the open will only help him.

I think that most racists in this country are people like yourself who are already part of that group that would still vote for him if he murdered his youngest son in the middle of the day in Times Square, and hope that if the point is hammered enough (which should be easy if Trump keeps being so blatant about it) his more moderate supporters from the last election will be so turned off by it that they switch sides.

But time will tell, eh? We will know if you're right that the country as a whole is simply irredeemably racist after the next election, I suppose.
As a Native American,  I would point out it is diatribes, like this, that demonstrate my message exactly.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: August 11, 2019, 09:12:20 AM »

Yes.

Good for them.

As a Native American,  I would point out it is diatribes, like this, that demonstrate my message exactly.

That you like the abuse, which is why you like Trump?

totallackey

« Reply #4255 on: August 11, 2019, 11:13:30 AM »

Yes.

Good for them.

I think that most racists in this country are people like yourself...

No.

That rational beings recognize foolish, baseless charges when written or spoken for what they are.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: August 11, 2019, 11:37:54 AM »

Yes.

Good for them.

I think that most racists in this country are people like yourself...

No.

That rational beings recognize foolish, baseless charges when written or spoken for what they are.
Can't argue with that.
Which is my point: you aren't rational.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: August 11, 2019, 01:39:11 PM »

Yes.

Good for them.

What message? I thought I was agreeing with you... you implied that Trump's racism being out in the open would only help him and I agreed that might be a possibility. Am I missing something? ???
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 01:54:07 PM by Roundy »

totallackey

« Reply #4258 on: August 11, 2019, 01:43:05 PM »
I believe this video will point toward the issue a little bit:

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: August 11, 2019, 01:45:38 PM »
I'm not watching a right wing propaganda video. Use your words.

If I somehow offended you by agreeing with you I apologize...