Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout series
« Reply #600 on: May 31, 2018, 03:30:54 PM »
Doesn't anyone think it's funny that the only person here who played Fallout 4 and all of its DLCs is the person who claim to be such a Fallout purist? Really nogs the ol joggin hmmmm

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 31, 2018, 04:58:06 PM »
It's going to trigger those with good taste in games. :)
lol you haven't even seen the game yet

It's Bethesda. Just like it's a pretty safe assumption whatever original content Zack Snyder puts out is going to be shit, it's safe to assume any new game Bethesda puts out is going to be shit.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 31, 2018, 10:33:25 PM »
It's going to trigger those with good taste in games. :)
lol you haven't even seen the game yet

It's Bethesda. Just like it's a pretty safe assumption whatever original content Zack Snyder puts out is going to be shit, it's safe to assume any new game Bethesda puts out is going to be shit.

So what you're saying is that Bethesda needs to hire Zack Snyder to do all of the dialogue and character development, right?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 01, 2018, 03:25:52 AM »
Doesn't anyone think it's funny that the only person here who played Fallout 4 and all of its DLCs is the person who claim to be such a Fallout purist? Really nogs the ol joggin hmmmm

The only DLC I played was Far Harbor, as all the others looked like glorified mods. I felt it was all right, but my standards might have been dramatically lowered after experiencing the base game.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 01, 2018, 05:10:06 AM »
Yeah I'm the one who played all the DLCs. I think I need to get back into it just to annoy Saddam.
The Mastery.

Offline ElTrancy

• God help and forgive me
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 01, 2018, 12:50:27 PM »
Fallout 76....on the rise...
Please fucking launch a mininuke at me, I've become hopelessly lost.

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 11, 2018, 10:27:20 AM »
EuroGamer just posted an article based on an interview with Chris Pasetto, the director of the ill-fated console exclusive spin-off Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 21, 2018, 09:22:33 PM »
beardo vs. Fortuna

"Turn over your weapons!" barked the guard at the entrance to the arena, clutching his plasma rifle tightly.

beardo snorted derisively, but complied. His weapons included his rifle slung over his back for long-range bushwhacking, his trusty revolver by his side for close-quarters combat, his sheath knife for the occasional bout of hacking and slashing, and a few sticks of dynamite in an explosives bag for the rare situation that called for more heavy-duty firepower. His gear was primitive in this world of power armor and energy weapons, but he was proud to still fight the way his forefathers did hundreds of years ago.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" This was the announcer as beardo made his way into the arena. "I present to you our challenger, the legendary desperado, the courageous cowboy...beardo! But consider beardo, and consider him well. What can a gunslinger hope to sling when he no longer has his gun?"

The gathered crowd, roughly twenty or so onlookers, tittered at this.

"I'll sling you to the ground if you don't shut up and start this fight," growled beardo. "Show me your champion."

The announcer seemed surprised. "Very well, then. I give you our champion, the roughest around, the toughest around...Fortuna!"

A young man sprang into the arena from the other side and gave what beardo could only suppose was his battle cry. Everything about this man was scrawny except for his biceps, which bulged in a grotesque, disconcerting way. With a slightly higher medicine level, beardo could have recognized that this supposed muscular development was actually impossible, even with the aid of technology or drugs. Nobody could have such powerful biceps while the rest of their body remained so scrawny. As it was, he only thought, not incorrectly, that Fortuna looked an enormous fool.

The announcer hastily leaped back from the arena. "Fight!"

With a roar, Fortuna charged at beardo, who simply jumped aside and watched as the man with fat arms fell on his face. Fortuna angrily climbed to his feet, but now beardo was on the offensive, and delivered a swift jab to his face. Fortuna swung wildly in response, but beardo ducked under the blow and riposted with another punch to the stomach. This was followed by a boot to the back sending Fortuna to the ground once again.

Fortuna kept on swinging, but his meaty arms couldn't find their target. beardo was no martial artist, and had no experience with sophisticated fighting styles beyond one encounter with a old drunken kung fu master who had stolen his beer money in San Francisco, but he was proficient in good old fisticuffs. It was no challenge to him to avoid Fortuna's clumsy attacks and wear him down with quick jabs.

"Just body slam him, Fortuna!" shouted the announcer, clearly frustrated. "You've got the mass!"

Dodging Fortuna's entire body at such short range was harder than dodging one arm, and this time he made contact with beardo, knocking him off his feet as he plowed into him. beardo lay on the ground, briefly stunned, with Fortuna straddling him.

"How the turntables!" bellowed Fortuna as he began to furiously pound at beardo.

beardo raised his arms to block the barrage of heavy punches. As the fat arms loomed menacingly over his head, beardo (keenly perceptive, like all gunslingers) picked up on something unusual. Fortuna's arms didn't seem entirely solid the way muscle was. Instead, something was shifting under the skin, like his arms were two great balloons.

On an impulse, beardo seized one of the arms and bit into it. He regretted it immediately, as the skin tore open and a dark, goopy oil-like substance began pouring out. Spitting frantically to make sure he hadn't been poisoned, he then grabbed the arm and bashed into the ground to make the hole wider. The substance was flowing out rapidly now.

Fortuna writhed on the ground, howling in pain. beardo strode over to his other arm and brought his boot down upon it as hard as he could. The arm ruptured open like the other and the dark oil poured out once more.

The audience murmured in confusion and disgust. The sight and smell was revolting, and as the flow receded, it soon became clear that Fortuna was scrawny all over and had apparently injected that substance into his arms to make himself look muscular. It hadn't quite worked. If beardo had been more knowledgeable in science, he might have recognized it as synthol, an oil used by some Pre-War athletes to similarly fake muscle definition. But he didn't need to know what it was to know that Fortuna was a fraud, and also in no condition to fight any longer.

beardo approached the announcer. "So much for your champion. I want the prize money now."

The announcer scowled at him. "That's a bold demand for what you just pulled. A dirty trick if I ever saw one."

"And injecting his arms with that shit wasn't a dirty trick? None of this would have happened if your so-called champion could actually fight worth a damn. Now give me the money."

"I don't think you're in any position to be giving orders, my cowboy friend," said the announcer smoothly, as the two guards slowly moved forward. "Not when you've already surrendered your weapons, putting you at something of a disadvantage to my men..."

Part of beardo wanted to attack. He could floor this man with a punch, then try to reach the guards. One of them would have have his weapons, and their bulky plasma rifles would be slow, both in their aiming and firing, to respond. But that way presented enormous risks, not just to him, but to the audience as well. It would be better to handle this nonviolently.

"Listen to me. You set this whole thing up as a competition for a reason. Beat your champion, get the money. If you just wanted to rob people, you wouldn't have bothered with an audience, a champion, or any of this. You wanted to offer people a chance to win. A unfair chance in an unfair competition, but still a chance. I won, and if you have any honor left, you'll respect that."

The announcer made a face. "Honor?"

"Yeah, honor. Every man has a code, even you."

With these wise words, the speech check was passed, and beardo earned 60 experience. The announcer reluctantly handed beardo a bag full of cash, and the guards relinquished his weapons to him. beardo donned his cowboy hat and strolled out of the arena, the crowd still enthusiastically cheering behind him.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 08:12:57 PM by honk »

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 22, 2018, 05:35:52 AM »
100 Speech wins again.
The Mastery.

Offline Cain

• This is the line of division.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 26, 2018, 11:37:09 AM »
beardo should've just capped the fucker
You just made my list, buddy.  >:(
this world does not have room for another mind as intelligent as yours.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 26, 2018, 02:10:18 PM »
No. You take down bosses with words, not bullets.
The Mastery.

Offline Cain

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 26, 2018, 02:14:27 PM »
Then why do bullets exist????

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 26, 2018, 07:03:02 PM »

To kill non-bosses with.
The Mastery.

Offline Cain

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 26, 2018, 08:01:22 PM »

To kill non-bosses with.
But what makes a non-boss different than a boss?
For example, in Dark Souls the archers in Anor Londo are much more difficult than the boss at the end of the Catacombs, Pinwheel.

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 26, 2018, 09:11:59 PM »

To kill non-bosses with.
But what makes a non-boss different than a boss?
For example, in Dark Souls the archers in Anor Londo are much more difficult than the boss at the end of the Catacombs, Pinwheel.
What does Dark Souls have to do with Fallout?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: January 07, 2022, 04:49:15 AM »

Offline Алёна

• I am Car!
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 29, 2023, 07:30:04 PM »
I played fallout 4 and the only good thing about it is the mods cause those are fun as fuck.
Thanks to the 2 GB of mods I have installed I'm basically God.
I AM GOD WORSHIP ME.
Professional procrastinator.