Offline rooster

• View Profile
FES Video
« on: December 04, 2013, 06:48:34 PM »
I'll get this rolling with its own thread. I suggested that if we want more traffic we should make a video that links back to this site and start posting it around.

So far we have Pizza Planet willing to edit the video.
Thork (or possibly Crudblud) can do the voice over.
And Spoon offered to provide background music.

Maybe we could work on the script together here. Now what kind of video should this be? Should this video describe the FES as a whole and the movement up until this point?

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: FES Video
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 06:56:37 PM »
Great idea.  Moving to S&C since it is such a great suggestion. 

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 07:24:56 PM »
This is a wonderful idea.  The vid should also include a brief overview of some basic points in FET as well as dispel any misconceptions the general public may have about the FES, such as religious affiliation.
I don't even care to find out what you're doing wrong, but I'm sure you're doing something wrong.

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 07:27:18 PM »
I suggest for a title "*LEAK* *RARE* *NEW* *GIRLS KISSING* flat earth society" to maximise veiw potential.
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 07:31:02 PM »
What about a video version of a debunk of the Minute Physics video noobs like to post?

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 09:52:20 PM »
What about a video version of a debunk of the Minute Physics video noobs like to post?
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 11:19:26 PM »
That could also work, but it should come after the initial video. The more videos the more traffic.

Offline Excelsior John

• Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 05:29:16 AM »
I'll get this rolling with its own thread. I suggested that if we want more traffic we should make a video that links back to this site and start posting it around.

So far we have Pizza Planet willing to edit the video.
Thork (or possibly Crudblud) can do the voice over.
And Spoon offered to provide background music.

Maybe we could work on the script together here. Now what kind of video should this be? Should this video describe the FES as a whole and the movement up until this point?
Ooh I reley like that idea we should come out with an oficiel video!!! :D Good luck on this and im here if any help is needed we must spred FET to the literel ends of the earth!
I suggest for a title "*LEAK* *RARE* *NEW* *GIRLS KISSING* flat earth society" to maximise veiw potential.
Lolz ;D
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396
Excelsior:...You are clearly a reasonable and intelligent person.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 03:49:12 PM »
We should first make a transcript and/or story board sketches and run it past the community to discuss.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 03:51:05 PM »
We should first make a transcript and/or story board sketches and run it past the community to discuss.

Agree.

We need to prioritize content and try to set some timeframes when we can have them done.  I fear that if we try too many things at once, we won't end up producing enough content.

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 04:12:51 PM »
I suggest we simply have crudblud/thork explain the theory at a basic level while an animation of his narrations plays. We should all write up a brief summary of flat earth theory in our own words and post it here to compare. Whichever we like the best will be what crudblud/thork reads. I'm assuming PP (?) will create the animation.

So for now, let's all get started summarizing FET in an entertaining way. Personally, I don't think we should include a single thing about RET in this video. We shouldn't go into the conspiracy or explain how FET compares to RET. We want this video to be bold. If viewers, get mad about it, good. That means they'll come to the site and post.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 04:14:52 PM »
I'm assuming PP (?) will create the animation.
I can't really do animation. I'm fairly good at video editing, and I can do simple graphical design, but I can't draw.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 10:11:20 AM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 04:16:35 PM »
Are we going for an animation? If not, what will the video consist of?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013, 04:17:39 PM »
I think an animation of some sort would probably be best. Heck, I could probably try to do it. I'm just a bit worried that I'd fail miserably.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2013, 06:21:37 PM »
I don't think animation is necessary, someone explaining the basics at a chalk board or paper easel would be informative. Having a real person talking would be nice. He/ she could show the website on the video. Animation seems like it would be harder to produce than a plain old video recording of a live person. Rooster would be a good person to do the video (she is closest thing we have to a FE fox)
 On the other hand, what person would want to put their self up as a FE believer to the world. Animation may be the way to go.
God is real.

Offline Excelsior John

• View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013, 08:25:24 PM »
I don't think animation is necessary, someone explaining the basics at a chalk board or paper easel would be informative. Having a real person talking would be nice. He/ she could show the website on the video. Animation seems like it would be harder to produce than a plain old video recording of a live person. Rooster would be a good person to do the video (she is closest thing we have to a FE fox)
 On the other hand, what person would want to put their self up as a FE believer to the world. Animation may be the way to go.
I reley like that idea hoppy. Ive always loved those comerciels where someone will be explaning something like writing about it in a board and quickley drawing animations (like the glass is half full/emptey comerciel)

On a side note rooster is a girl? And whats an FE fox
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2013, 08:26:50 PM »
A person (Crudblud or Thork) could use their voice in the video without compromising their anonymity. 

I was thinking an animation in the style of Minute Physics.  We would need to write a script, have one person record it, and then have another artsy type draw the animations. 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 09:52:52 PM by jroa »

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2013, 08:31:09 PM »
A person (Crudblud or Thork) could use their voice in the video without compromising their anonymity. 

I was thinking an animation in the style of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af0_vWDfJwQ.  We would need to write a script, have one person record it, and then have another artsy type draw the animations. 

That's basically what I was thinking too. Minute physics videos are interesting. They get the point across and it's fun to watch. Add in a voice like Crudblud's and we'll go viral.

Offline Excelsior John

• View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2013, 08:33:08 PM »

I was thinking an animation in the style of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af0_vWDfJwQ.  We would need to write a script, have one person record it, and then have another artsy type draw the animations. 

That's basically what I was thinking too. Minute physics videos are interesting. They get the point across and it's fun to watch. Add in a voice like Crudblud's and we'll go viral.
What does crudbluds voice sound like?
Viva la FES!

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2013, 09:54:23 PM »
I think there should be an American voice in the video. Not mine, though.
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?