Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
LEICESTER CITY
« on: May 02, 2016, 09:32:57 PM »

132 years after it's formation Leicester City, a team of rejects from other clubs took on the multi-million pound super league ( yes Junker you know) and become premier league champions with two matches to play. The greatest upset in football history, 5,000/1 at the start of the season, manager Claudio Ranieri, favourite to be the first manager to be sacked this season, get in!

Going to get drunk.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Thork

Re: LEICESTER CITY
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 09:55:32 PM »
Wish I was in Leicester* tonight. Will be awesome.

For Americans ... *Pronounced less-ster, not lie-sess-ster.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 10:08:59 PM »
It was a p dope season. Man City just couldn't stay consistent over the long grind of a season.

Thork

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 11:41:47 PM »
It was a p dope season. Man City just couldn't stay consistent over the long grind of a season.
Erm, Tottenham were their nearest rivals. Man City were very average all season and will likely finish 4th behind Arsenal. However they could finish 5th and out of the Champions League behind Man Utd.

Chelsea were also a huge shock this season finishing mid-table. They have had their worst season for 20 years.

I love football but have never in maybe 8-9 years had an opportunity to discuss it on this site because everyone here is either American or a massive nerd who hates sports. This is demonstrable because we have a sports section and the OP still managed to put this in Arts and Entertainment.  ::)

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 11:46:27 PM »
Man City was absolutely dominant at the beginning of the year, certainly not average. But they fell apart and couldn't regain their form, for whatever reason.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 07:50:25 AM »

Shut up with the man city talk, they were also rans.

Jamie Vardy - 2012 playing for Fleetwood town, who for all in foreign lands are mid 3rd division but were non-league when he joined, 2015 breaks Ruud Van Nistelrooy's record by scoring in 11 consecutive matches.

N'Golo Kante; There is a saying in Leicester at the moment, Water covers 71% of the earth's surface, Kante covers the rest, outstanding midfielder bought from some French second division team for a packet of crisps.

Got to get back to work, I have a head ache.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 09:05:54 AM »
I think you'll find it's actually pronounced "lie-caster"
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 09:18:41 AM »

Serious?... It's Lesta! and we have booked to see Kasabian (the Lesta! band) at the King Power (Lesta's ground) on the 28th, bonus.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 09:43:31 AM by Jura-Glenlivet »

Thork

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 10:57:19 AM »

Serious?... It's Lesta! and we have booked to see Kasabian (the Lesta! band) at the King Power (Lesta's ground) on the 28th, bonus.
He sounds like Alexander the Meerkat in real life.

Man City was absolutely dominant at the beginning of the year, certainly not average. But they fell apart and couldn't regain their form, for whatever reason.
Actually Arsenal were the early frontrunners top of the league until february and the most likely to run away with the league. Man City had wilted by November.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 08:05:43 PM by Pete Svarrior »

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 11:01:05 AM »

The difference!

Lesta left, Man city right.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 02:24:05 PM »
Actually Arsenal were the early frontrunners top of the league until february and the most likely to run away with the league. Man City had wilted by November.

Arsenal didn't even sniff the top until months into the season. Man City was in first at the end of November :-\

Regardless, they did wilt eventually, never to recover. Leicester dominated from January on and there was no looking back. Really an incredible story. 5000/1 odds, that is insane. Congrats to them and their fans. I imagine it was a hell of a party.

Now, let's turn our attention to relegation. This is my favorite thing about the league.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 02:25:41 PM by junker »

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 04:04:33 PM »

No, lets not!
The Subject for the time being is Leicester City and what they have just done and how nothing in the world to this date (sporting upset wise) in any way compares.

You may put your best moment/goal (Mahrez's one against Man city is a contender), ruminations of just how this came about in a sport of money takes all.

Relegation is to be mentioned only if it accompanied by references to the fact that 14 months ago we were about to be, and what a fucking miracle it is that we are now CHAMPIONS!

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 04:59:20 PM »
Serious?... It's Lesta!
>am I serious
Am I ever not serious?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2016, 05:33:27 PM »
guys it's pronounced like-ster
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 08:43:20 PM »
Shit! You people. I live in the county, the glow from it's streets ruin my night sky, its denizens say Lesta, people from out of county and the posh say Lester, any other pronunciation is pillocks sounding off.

Now, watch this goal and marvel.

Updated- both goals from that match and we started to believe (a bit)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 08:48:39 PM by Jura-Glenlivet »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 08:45:08 PM »
It was a good goal.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 09:00:38 PM »

The magnificent Claudio Ranieri interviewed by a complete babe, with some Leicester fans (saying Lesta)

#t=3.300125