İntikam

Why don't atmopsher don't fly away to space?
« on: May 13, 2016, 12:06:45 AM »
Hello mister and misses so.

As we know that globe earth depends on some theories like gravity, centrifugal force, etc.

There is a real problem without a real solution. Why don't atmopsher don't fly away to space?

When we see the sky, we see it stay on their place. This shows if the earth is turning, the atm is turning with earth too.

The earth has Radius about 6371 kms.

The atmospher altitude about 10.000 kms.

The earth spinnig with 1.667 km/hrs. So the outside of the atm must turn with 1.667km/h * (16.371/6.371) = 4.285 km/h. It is about x2,5 of the speed on land level.

We don't drifting to space because there is a balance between gravity and centrifugal force saves us to drift out.

At the most external region of the atmospher the gravity decreases minimum value and the centrifugal force increases the maximum value. So it is  impossible the atm don't falls apart.

I can show and stronghten it with diagrams. The forces acting the particul on the air, land level it is Fg=Fc and there is a balanca ; at the R altitude it changes Fg= Fc / 8.

There is no way out for REBs.

Edit:

Try 1: Difusion don't helps to solve this problem because oppositely the partituls which near to out, tries to escape out immedietly.
Try2: Air pressure don't helps solve this problem because oppositely  air pressure decreases on high altitutes this makes the particuls escape to space.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 11:36:41 AM by İntikam »

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Why don't atmopsher don't fly away to space?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 02:12:01 AM »
The gravity of the earth is what keeps our atmosphere.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 04:04:11 AM »
Here, I'll help with the math.

w = angular velocity of earth = 1 rotation/day = 2 * pi / (24 * 60 * 60) radians/second = 0.000073 rad/s
a = centrifugal acceleration
g = gravitational acceleration at a given altitude
g0 = gravitational acceleration at ground level = 9.8 m/s2
h = altitude
r = radius of earth = 6371000 meters

formulas:

g = g0 * ( r/(r+h) )2

a = w2 * r

At ground level:

g = 9.8 m/s2
a = 0.0000732 * 6371000 = 0.03 m/s2

So clearly, gravity is MUCH stronger than centrifugal acceleration at ground level.

At 10000 km (10000000 meters):

g = 9.8 * (6371000 / (6371000 + 10000000))2 = 1.5 m/s2
a = 0.0000732 * (6371000 + 10000000) = 0.09 m/s2

So, even at 10,000 km high, gravity is STILL much stronger than centrifugal acceleration. The atmosphere will stay right where it is, don't worry!

* feel free to check my work *

Also, Fg does not equal Fc even at ground level, as shown above. They don't need to be balanced. Gravity just needs to be stronger.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 04:31:47 AM by TotesNotReptilian »

İntikam

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 06:16:37 AM »
Here, I'll help with the math.

w = angular velocity of earth = 1 rotation/day = 2 * pi / (24 * 60 * 60) radians/second = 0.000073 rad/s
a = centrifugal acceleration
g = gravitational acceleration at a given altitude
g0 = gravitational acceleration at ground level = 9.8 m/s2
h = altitude
r = radius of earth = 6371000 meters

formulas:

g = g0 * ( r/(r+h) )2

a = w2 * r

At ground level:

g = 9.8 m/s2
a = 0.0000732 * 6371000 = 0.03 m/s2

So clearly, gravity is MUCH stronger than centrifugal acceleration at ground level.

At 10000 km (10000000 meters):

g = 9.8 * (6371000 / (6371000 + 10000000))2 = 1.5 m/s2
a = 0.0000732 * (6371000 + 10000000) = 0.09 m/s2

So, even at 10,000 km high, gravity is STILL much stronger than centrifugal acceleration. The atmosphere will stay right where it is, don't worry!

* feel free to check my work *

Also, Fg does not equal Fc even at ground level, as shown above. They don't need to be balanced. Gravity just needs to be stronger.

You are wrong. Your formula wrong by mentality. Because it rote, incomprehensible and invalid.

For example your "R" is different with R here. Because all the parts in the Radius of the Earth  move as a whole. But after that, land level, the parts on  R and 2R  altitude move independently.

the subject of this appeal depends on this irregularity but you did not understand something.

You need show a part "stay stable on the air force balance". You can first start draw it. For your formula all molecules on the air fall down to our heads with a high speed :D For your formula there is no air and everything attached to ground level.  :D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 06:20:46 AM by İntikam »

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 06:31:59 AM »
As we know that globe earth depends on some theories like gravity, centrifugal force, etc.
There is a real problem without a real solution. Why don't atmopsher don't fly away to space?
When we see the sky, we see it stay on their place. This shows if the earth is turning, the atm is turning with earth too.
The earth spinnig with 1.667 km/hrs. So the outside of the atm must turn with 1.667km/h * (16.371/6.371) = 4.285 km/h. It is about x2,5 of the speed on land level.
We don't drifting to space because there is a balance between gravity and centrifugal force saves us to drift out.
At the most external region of the atmospher the gravity decreases minimum value and the centrifugal force increases the maximum value. So it is  impossible the atm don't falls apart.
I can show and stronghten it with diagrams. The forces acting the particul on the air, land level it is Fg=Fc and there is a balanca ; at the R altitude it changes Fg= Fc / 8.

Oh, yes there is! This is simply not a problem.

Quote from: Wikipedia
Exosphere
The exosphere is the outermost layer of Earth's atmosphere (i.e. the upper limit of the atmosphere). It extends from the exobase, which is located at the top of the thermosphere at an altitude of about 700 km above sea level, to about 10,000 km (6,200 mi; 33,000,000 ft) where it merges into the solar wind.
This layer is mainly composed of extremely low densities of hydrogen, helium and several heavier molecules including nitrogen, oxygen and carbon dioxide closer to the exobase. The atoms and molecules are so far apart that they can travel hundreds of kilometers without colliding with one another. Thus, the exosphere no longer behaves like a gas, and the particles constantly escape into space. These free-moving particles follow ballistic trajectories and may migrate in and out of the magnetosphere or the solar wind.

At 10,000 km (the outer limit of the exosphere - and the "atmosphere") "The atoms and molecules are so far apart that they can travel hundreds of kilometers without colliding with one another.".

In other words there is vittually NO ATMOPHERE in the exsphere! Some of the few there do escape, but others are captured.

Note that it also says "These free-moving particles follow ballistic trajectories and may migrate in and out of the magnetosphere or the solar wind."

I wish you would realise that ALL these things that you are bringing up have been thought of by many others, and there os simply no problem.

Essentially, as everyone else has said - gravitation holds the atmosphere in place.

İntikam

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 06:44:15 AM »
I think most of writers dont understand what i mean.

This is clear and understandable. No where to flee.  :)

Another problem is "difusion". "The power of the vacuum effect" : powerful and irresistible.  Next matter we will examine this problem. ;D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 06:51:23 AM by İntikam »

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 07:04:53 AM »
You are wrong. Your formula wrong by mentality. Because it rote, incomprehensible and invalid.

Which formula is wrong? What is the correct formula?

For example your "R" is different with R here. Because all the parts in the Radius of the Earth  move as a whole. But after that, land level, the parts on  R and 2R  altitude move independently.

On average, the atmosphere rotates at the same angular velocity as the ground. They can be treated as rotating together. This results in the linear velocities described here.

You need show a part "stay stable on the air force balance". You can first start draw it. For your formula all molecules on the air fall down to our heads with a high speed :D For your formula there is no air and everything attached to ground level.  :D

I understand what you mean. You made a mistake in the "balance equation". You forgot to take into account air pressure. I described this balance equation in this post. The complete equation is this:

Fg - Fp = Fc

Fc = centrifugal force
Fg = force of gravity
Fp = force due to a differential in air pressure

İntikam

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 07:10:46 AM »

Which formula is wrong? What is the correct formula?

On average, the atmosphere rotates at the same angular velocity as the ground. They can be treated as rotating together. This results in the linear velocities described here.

I understand what you mean. You made a mistake in the "balance equation". You forgot to take into account air pressure. I described this balance equation in this post. The complete equation is this:

Fg - Fp = Fc

Fc = centrifugal force
Fg = force of gravity
Fp = force due to a differential in air pressure

Heavy particuls are always below and light particuls are always  above. So the differential in air pressure effects to up!

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 07:14:31 AM »
Heavy particuls are always below and light particuls are always  above. So the differential in air pressure effects to up!

Yep! The differential in air pressure points up. You can rewrite the equation like this, if it helps:

Fg (points down) = Fp (points up) + Fc (points up)

İntikam

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 07:27:55 AM »

Yep! The differential in air pressure points up. You can rewrite the equation like this, if it helps:

New formula don't help to balance the particul. Oppositely falls apart it to space.  ;D

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 02:55:43 PM »
If it's just Gravity then why are is the more dense Ozone layer suspended above the less dense blend of our atmosphere?

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2016, 06:30:41 PM »

New formula don't help to balance the particul. Oppositely falls apart it to space.  ;D

I don't understand this sentence, sorry. Could you try explaining it a different way?

If it's just Gravity then why are is the more dense Ozone layer suspended above the less dense blend of our atmosphere?

I wasn't aware that the ozone layer is more dense than the atmosphere below it. Source?

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 04:44:51 AM »

Seems like this question should be a wash; on either a flat or a round earth, a denser gas should settle beneath a less-dense one.  In any case there is an answer: ozone is common at high altitude, above the bulk of the atmosphere, because it is generated up there.  Ozone molecules come about when ultraviolet light splits an ordinary O2 molecule into two Oxygen atoms, one (or both) of which then go on to bind to an O2 molecule and become an O3 ozone molecule.  These heavier molecules are unstable, and most of them split back up when they in turn absorb some more UV.  Ozone generation at lower altitudes is far less than at high altitudes because the process that creates high altitude ozone blocks much of the UV needed to drive the process.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2016, 05:52:30 AM »

How though? Wouldn't that imply that the atmosphere would be bound tightly to the earth somehow, as it spins 1,000mph? I don't think that's how it works though. Doesn't the atmosphere move independently from the earth?

One thing I haven't seen adequately explained is how an airplane doesn't move 1000mph faster going against the rotation, give or take any air resistance.

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2016, 06:56:35 AM »

How though? Wouldn't that imply that the atmosphere would be bound tightly to the earth somehow, as it spins 1,000mph? I don't think that's how it works though. Doesn't the atmosphere move independently from the earth?

One thing I haven't seen adequately explained is how an airplane doesn't move 1000mph faster going against the rotation, give or take any air resistance.

Ugh, this website is like one giant experiment to test Poe's Law.

İntikam

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2016, 11:33:34 AM »

I don't understand this sentence, sorry. Could you try explaining it a different way?

I wasn't aware that the ozone layer is more dense than the atmosphere below it. Source?

Air pressure don't helps solve this problem because air pressure decreases on high altitutes this makes the particuls escape to space.

First post edited.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 11:36:06 AM by İntikam »

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2016, 12:21:25 PM »

Air pressure don't helps solve this problem because air pressure decreases on high altitutes this makes the particuls escape to space.

First post edited.
You claim "air pressure decreases on high altitutes this makes the particuls escape to space." Well, a small amount of lighter gases do escape, though from very high up - in the tens of thousands of kilometre range.

Look, I do not have the time to draw all the pictures you might want,
but
the big probem with all you claim is that when you get above a couple of hundred kilimetres altitude the is virtually no air anyway. So up here there is nothing to keep there air rotating with the earth, so you can't simply use the "centrifugal force" equations.

In addition to this the altitude at which the centripetal acceleration at one orbit per day (Geostationary orbit) just matches the gravitational acceleration is at 35,786 kilometres altitude. Up at that altitude any gas atoms and molecules are so far apart that there rarely collide.

Also some gases do escape to space.
For the light gases about 95,000 tonnes of hydrogen and 1,578 tonnes of helium are lost per year - this is because the thermal velocities of these is high, so some can escape gravity. Helium is constatly replenished from within the earth and the supply of hydrogen is so vast that it will never run out.

But the thermal velocities of the heavier Oxygen and Nitrogen are much lower so very little if lost.

The "solar wind" does strip off a little atmosphere, but then the earth captures some of this and partly compensates, but don't worry we'll never run out of atmosphere!

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2016, 12:36:28 PM »

First post edited.

You have this backwards. Air pressure prevents the particles from FALLING. If the air pressure is too low, they will fall, not escape into space, which will cause air pressure to increase. It is a self-balancing equation.

totallackey

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2016, 11:56:09 PM »

Edit:

Try 1: Difusion don't helps to solve this problem because oppositely the partituls which near to out, tries to escape out immedietly.
Try2: Air pressure don't helps solve this problem because oppositely  air pressure decreases on high altitutes this makes the particuls escape to space.

As you can see Intikam, all they do is provide some bull shit answer...all they have is some fucked up theory piled on top of another fucked up theory to explain the first fucked up theory...

Sun worshipers...According to them, the atmosphere is IMPERMEABLE!!!

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2016, 12:19:49 AM »
As you can see Intikam, all they do is provide some bull shit answer...all they have is some fucked up theory piled on top of another fucked up theory to explain the first fucked up theory...

Sun worshipers...According to them, the atmosphere is IMPERMEABLE!!!

Honestly, this is high school level physics. It isn't very complicated. If I got something wrong, feel free to correct me. Insults don't really help though.

Who told you the atmosphere was impermeable? I am pretty sure the existence of rain disproves that statement.