Re: Inauguration day!
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2017, 01:54:46 AM »
funny enough, i think joseph is using a photo of saturday's women's march.

here's a timelapse of inauguration day:

the mall never fills up.

here's an image of the women's march taken on the 21st: /photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

notice that it a) fills the mall back to the same white building, and b) kinda has the same pinkish hue as the paul joseph image.  i think that's an image of the women's march.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2017, 02:07:55 AM »
here's a timelapse of inauguration day

With a suspicious edit at 0:47, in which the lighting changes substantially (suggesting a radically different time of day).

Here's an actual video of Trump's speech, where you can clearly see the mall packed full of people in the background:

https://youtu.be/sRBsJNdK1t0?t=948

notice that it a) fills the mall back to the same white building, and b) kinda has the same pinkish hue as the paul joseph image.  i think that's an image of the women's march.

It's almost as if one of the symbols most closely associated with Trump is prominently worn on people's heads and has a distinctive red colour.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Rama Set

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2017, 03:01:44 AM »
it is difficult to tell if it is actually full from that video because of the low angle of the shot. Same with the tweet from prison planet.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2017, 03:02:10 AM »
Here's an actual video of Trump's speech, where you can clearly see the mall packed full of people in the background:

https://youtu.be/sRBsJNdK1t0?t=948

No, you can't. At most, you can see that the first two white squares beyond the Capitol are full. It's far too blurry to tell whether the crowd extends up to the building directly in front of the Lincoln Memorial. You're just seeing what you want to see.

Also, it looks like Metro must be in on this weird conspiracy to undermine Trump's YUGE, YUGE crowd sizes too!

ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2017, 03:10:40 AM »
eh, the cnn shot isn't very good.  low angle and tiny. 

the pbs video shows the dais clearing at the end of the inauguration.  unless like half the people there showed up after the inauguration started and left before it finished, then i don't think they cut anything out.  i could be wrong, for sure, but i prefer the timelapse because i can't easily verify timestamps.

ultimately i have to take paul joseph at his word that the image he used is in the correct context, and i'm skeptical.  plus it seems like if you're willing to entertain that pbs is doctoring its videos to make trump look bad, then it can't be any stretch to entertain that joseph might use out-of-context images to make trump look good.  although i know literally nothing about paul joseph, i do genuinely respect pbs newshour journalism.  they're for real not like cnn. 
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2017, 03:45:18 AM »
i know literally nothing about paul joseph

Think Milo Yiannopoulos crossed with Alex Jones, albeit toned-down somewhat.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 03:49:02 AM by honk »

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2017, 03:47:42 AM »
Joseph's photo shows is also like at least 3 blocks of people all in the same shot thanks to the low angle. You can tell from the jumbotrons, which were quite spaced out according to PBS's aerial shot. It's not like packed against the building.

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2017, 05:33:36 AM »
nm i found the image joseph used: http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2017/01/politics/trump-inauguration-gigapixel/

it's just the angle of the shot

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2017, 08:23:06 AM »
Hooley dooley, we're getting dangerously close to those "Hillary is a hologram because of different camera lenses and video encoding issues" conspiracy theories.

I'm hardly an expert on the matter, but photography is extremely easy to manipulate, even without CGI. Choosing the right lens and angle can lead to results which will be unbelievable to the uninitiated. Because of that, just a quick glance at two drastically different (in terms of execution) pictures of the same scene don't really give us any insight about the numbers. Tbh I suspect they show the same numbers.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2017, 02:26:10 PM »
If Trump's team weren't being such children and claiming to have TEH BIGGEREST INORGURATION EVAH! this wouldn't be a big deal. Watching the live broadcast and seeing the CNN picture you can tell there were a lot of people there, but fewer than Obama's. I don't get why Trump's people didn't just come out and say something along the lines of:

"We don't have the exact figures of the attendance, and it isn't something the President is concerned with. The inauguration is over, and the President would like to thank every person who attended for their enthusiastic support, but now the work of government begins, starting with our plan to put a wall around every single individual Mexican..."

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2017, 05:02:52 PM »
If Trump's team weren't being such children and claiming to have TEH BIGGEREST INORGURATION EVAH! this wouldn't be a big deal. Watching the live broadcast and seeing the CNN picture you can tell there were a lot of people there, but fewer than Obama's. I don't get why Trump's people didn't just come out and say something along the lines of:

"We don't have the exact figures of the attendance, and it isn't something the President is concerned with. The inauguration is over, and the President would like to thank every person who attended for their enthusiastic support, but now the work of government begins, starting with our plan to put a wall around every single individual Mexican..."

Because the media continues to turn every rock pebble and stone to find ways to delegitimize our president. Being the bigger man doesn't work with these people. Kinda ironic coming from the "you go low, we go high" people to be so petulant and hateful towards our rightly elected leader.

Rama Set

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2017, 05:17:25 PM »
Because the media continues to turn every rock pebble and stone to find ways to delegitimize our president.

They don't have to turn shit.  He offers up delegitimizing stuff basically every day.  He just pushed a story of electoral fraud and his source was a professional golfer who was in line with people "who did not look as if they should be allowed to vote". This is what is motivating the president, it is sad. 

Being the bigger man doesn't work with these people.

Sure it does, Dubya did not get treated like this.

Kinda ironic coming from the "you go low, we go high" people to be so petulant and hateful towards our rightly elected leader.

Well if they are reporting Trump's ridiculous allegations accurately, then they are not going low.  If they jump to unwarranted conclusions, then you are right.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2017, 03:06:14 AM »
Being the bigger man doesn't work with these people.

You realize how many people mock their attempts at "fighting back", right? Spicer's claims have fueled tons of laughter and the administration's rebuttals have been the butt of an absurd amount of jokes. You'd be utterly shocked how much, you know, not being childish and desperate can make you less of a target.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2017, 04:16:22 PM »
Did he not? I wasn't following American media back in GWB's days, but all I saw in Europe was "haha Bush pushed a pull door look at this moron!!!" 24/7

The truth of the matter is, if you're a high-profile Republican, a large part of the MSM will consider it their duty to "hold you to account". Unfortunately, in this specific case, it's just code for "find things to make fun of you".

That's not to say that Trump's administration *shouldn't* be more responsible, but pretending that it would change much in the media's approach is silly.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2017, 06:14:54 PM »
He just pushed a story of electoral fraud and his source was a professional golfer who was in line with people "who did not look as if they should be allowed to vote". This is what is motivating the president, it is sad.

That was part of it. The other part is some random guy on Twitter who claimed that he had evidence of millions of illegal votes, and has since repeatedly refused to share any of that evidence. The irony is that if the election had truly been compromised to that degree, there would be no other recourse than to have a do-over. We wouldn't just be able to assume that all of these illegal votes were cast for Hillary and deduct them from her total.

Rama Set

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2017, 06:21:39 PM »
Did he not? I wasn't following American media back in GWB's days, but all I saw in Europe was "haha Bush pushed a pull door look at this moron!!!" 24/7

The truth of the matter is, if you're a high-profile Republican, a large part of the MSM will consider it their duty to "hold you to account". Unfortunately, in this specific case, it's just code for "find things to make fun of you".

That's not to say that Trump's administration *shouldn't* be more responsible, but pretending that it would change much in the media's approach is silly.

With GWB the stories would die out as quick as they came up. Trump has a seriously negative feedback loop with the press. He does something dumb or outrageous the media makes a big deal for a day or two and Trump fires back and on it goes. I agree the media will not change it, but the Trump administration can end a lot of this nonsense more easily than the entire MSM conglomerate.

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2017, 07:06:48 PM »
With GWB the stories would die out as quick as they came up. Trump has a seriously negative feedback loop with the press. He does something dumb or outrageous the media makes a big deal for a day or two and Trump fires back and on it goes. I agree the media will not change it, but the Trump administration can end a lot of this nonsense more easily than the entire MSM conglomerate.

This is by design.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2017, 07:27:03 PM »

This is by design.

Donald Trump is zaphod beeblebrox: His job is not to wield power but to draw attention away from it.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.