Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
al Biruni
« on: January 20, 2018, 09:13:29 PM »
Leisurely reading through Mark Sargent’s book ‘Flat Earth Clues’, the mention of the geographer al-Buruni caught my attention.

I am already aware that early Islam revived interest in Greek science which included sphericism. The early Muslim geography was based upon and greatly revived interest in the sphericist Claudius Ptolemy.

Indeed, that is how sphericism broke the hold of Christian Flat Earth doctrine by riding on the bandwagon with Islam. Much later, the Jesuits spread this spherical error to areas beyond Islamic dominance such as China.

Among other errors, Claudius Ptolemy had a vastly inaccurate map of Africa that had it occupy much of the Indian Ocean. This erroneous understanding helped stifle navigation there for centuries, and it was based upon the erroneous cartography of a globalist!

al-Biruni significantly corrected this view which eventually led to better navigation in the Indian Ocean and around Africa - with Muslims first and later by Europeans such as Vasco da Gama.

al Biruni’s map of Africa and Cosmas Indicopleustes’s map of Africa are strikingly similar. It appears that following the globalist Claudius Ptolemy caused error and ignorance whereas being guided by the flat earth model of Cosmas Indicopleustes helped correct that error.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: al Biruni
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 06:53:58 PM »
Did you find that book to be worth the money?

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
Re: al Biruni
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 08:33:03 AM »
Did you find that book to be worth the money?

Yes, but I’m prejudiced in favor of Cosmas Indicopleustes and the ancient Christian model with its vaulted arch of heaven as opposed to infinite land. With all due respect to Charles Johnson,  Mark Sargent is a definite step in the direction of early Christian flat earthism.

I had bought Eric Dubay’s book and donated it to the trash can after examination discovered it had no index nor even a table of contents, or any order whatsoever. Dubay’s flat earth book entirely consisted of a patch work of copy pasted paragraphs from flat earth books I already owned. Also, Dubay’s book is not the first flat earth book to be published in recent years. Ram, the muslim poster on Daniel’s forum a few years back, managed to publish a flat earth book about 2013 (if I recall correctly) which was a year before Dubay’s copy paste job came out.

I confess I’ve only so far read a couple of chapters of Mark Sargent’s short book, but if those are any indication, then it’s a keeper for me that I’ve added to my library with the older ones. Now a lot of that checking into al Biruni was my own follow up looking into it, but he was on the right track with that guy (al Biruni) & I had been totally unaware of that major historical development.

It’s refreshing to read a modern flat earth book by someone with at least the same general perspective. Maybe that’s a Christian bias on my part. I appreciate Mark Sargent’s presence on the scene.

EDIT:
Aside from returning to a domed model somewhat like the early Christians, Mark Sargent begins his book by dedicating it to the Holy Trinity.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:40:41 AM by Dionysios »