ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Movies & Comics General
« Reply #641 on: November 19, 2017, 09:22:57 AM »
oh I'm sure its real. 
There's always a few people.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #642 on: November 19, 2017, 02:03:51 PM »

This is a real ad for JL.

These are also real.

Did you see the movie yet? Or are you just in he process of sorting out what your reaction will be based on what others think and say?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 19, 2017, 02:27:33 PM »
I'll have my own opinion when I see it, which won't be any time soon, as I'm not going to see it in theaters. I just think a lot of this is really funny.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 05:18:42 AM by honk »

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 19, 2017, 07:12:35 PM »
It is. Also I think it's pretty safe to hazard an estimate to whether a movie directed by a guy who has a consistent track record (7 out of 7) of shitting out awful cinema is going to be good or not. Then when all the critical reception after its release is bad in a way consistent with all his other efforts so far...well, I get that blindly listening to critics or fans is a bad idea, but there's no point in being dense and pretending context doesn't exist around any film and you literally can't make any assumptions until you see it.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: November 19, 2017, 08:28:36 PM »
The film is, plainly stated, terrible, and I’m sorry that everyone wasted their time and money making it—and that people are being asked to waste their time and money seeing it.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 20, 2017, 05:58:13 AM »

wtf am I looking at

Rama Set

« Reply #647 on: November 20, 2017, 01:23:24 PM »
The Flash running.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 20, 2017, 02:00:12 PM »
Yeah, but why can't he just run normally? The exaggerated movements make him look weird. And why is he so slow?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/19/movies/justice-league-wonder-box-office.html

lol

Rama Set

« Reply #649 on: November 20, 2017, 02:19:48 PM »
Yeah, but why can't he just run normally? The exaggerated movements make him look weird.

It’s possible this gif isn’t representative of the theatre experience.

And why is he so slow?

Ummmm... he is super fast. The world is whizzing by. But seriously, I wouldn’t take this clip as a super-accurate example of the in-theatre experience.

lol

Not really surprising I guess.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 20, 2017, 02:33:48 PM »
Yeah, but why can't he just run normally? The exaggerated movements make him look weird. And why is he so slow?

lol

The article has to strain a bit to cast this movie's performance in a negative light, doesn't it? I mean like 10 percent less than projected (ooh Warner's gonna go broke) and favorable audience ratings, what a dismal failure! ::)
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 20, 2017, 06:42:10 PM »
Yeah, but why can't he just run normally? The exaggerated movements make him look weird.

It’s possible this gif isn’t representative of the theatre experience.

That's certainly possible, but as soon as I saw that GIF I'm like, oh, Cr1TiKaL wasn't lying when he said the Flash's running looked like a retarded Boston Dynamics robot.

There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 20, 2017, 07:02:13 PM »
His feet are touching the ground way too long there. His legs are moving too slow. It's like he's skating or something.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 07:03:51 PM by beardo »
The Mastery.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 22, 2017, 04:54:29 PM »
His feet are touching the ground way too long there. His legs are moving too slow. It's like he's skating or something.

You know it's bad when The Big Bang Theory has better special effects.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 23, 2017, 06:04:29 AM »
Ummmm... he is super fast. The world is whizzing by.

It takes him a couple of seconds to cross a city block. Not really what comes to mind when you think of the "fastest man alive," especially when we've seen Superman traveling much faster than this before.

The article has to strain a bit to cast this movie's performance in a negative light, doesn't it? I mean like 10 percent less than projected (ooh Warner's gonna go broke) and favorable audience ratings, what a dismal failure! ::)

Saying something in a mocking tone is not an effective counterargument. Yes, underperforming to this degree is a very bad sign, and even the projection is embarrassingly low. $110 million, when the Avengers movies are opening at around the $200 million mark. This is a franchise that should be making billions upon billions for WB, but now they've tarnished their brand, and so public interest has dropped. The goodwill from the Nolan movies is gone. People are now associating Batman and Superman with Snyder and his shitty movies.

Also:

<Saddam> Rushy, beardo Snupes: https://i.imgur.com/5Nffx5l.jpg
<Saddam> The seamless collaboration of two directorial visions
<Snupes> I'm so confused
<Snupes> Why is Affleck chubby on the right
<beardo> sadaam'
<Saddam> roid after-effects
<Snupes> Is that in the same scene?
<Saddam> I haven't seen JL, but I'm guessing that the scene with Fatleck replaced the previous one
<Saddam> The previous one being seen in the first trailer
<Snupes> I will tell you when I see it
<Snupes> I really want Chubfleck to be randomly interspersed throughout the movie
<Saddam> Watching the trailers, you can see a ton of scenes re-worked once Whedon came on board
<Snupes> His weight just shifts rapidly
<Rushy> Batman is just going on a gainz streak
<Saddam> I'm sure his weight does fluctuate, seeing how Whedon didn't reshoot the entire movie
<Saddam> I just doubt it would be in the same scene
<Saddam> He is cultivating mass, like Mac
<Snupes> I want it to be in the same scene though
<Snupes> I feel if you're gonna make a shitty movie you may as well go all-out in its shittiness
<Saddam> How Batman Got Fat

These pictures are doing far more to tempt me into seeing the movie than any of the actual marketing.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 12:35:28 AM by honk »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 29, 2017, 11:16:53 PM »
I have once again taken the bold step of being the first one here to watch and review a new DC movie, thanks to a camrip of passable quality. JL isn't a terrible movie. If you've set your standards low, and/or you're desperate to see any kind of improvement in the DCEU, then you'll probably like it reasonably well. But I can't look at this and see it as anything other than a bad movie. It's not as bad as BvS, but it's not trying hard enough for that to even be possible. The story of an alien invasion should be pretty simple, but they manage to overcomplicate things by giving the audience a crash course on the nature and history of Mother Boxes and the war that was fought long ago to protect them, along with creating an elaborate plan where Steppenwolf has to collect three Mother Boxes so he can transform the earth into a hostile alien planet. First of all, yes, that is a dopey rehash of Zod's scheme from MoS. Was that such a great evil plot that they felt they just had to use it again? Second of all, there was no reason why the story of the Mother Boxes had to be so, well, comprehensive. Mother Boxes are basically miracle technology. That's all we needed to know for this movie, and all the movie needed to provide stakes was one of them. Preferably stakes not involving yet another generic skybeam/portal of doom.

On the notion of the characters. The Flash is atrocious. Virtually every single line out of his mouth is a lousy joke, and he never, ever shuts the fuck up. The few lines he has that could potentially have been funny are ruined by Ezra Miller's delivery. What the fuck is up with the way he talks? That weird, almost singsong cadence that keeps going UP and down from WORD to word? He's going for quirky and charming, but he's just obnoxious and irritating. As I noted earlier in the thread, I liked Jason Momoa playing Aquaman as a goofy dudebro who yells things like "YEAH!" and "MY MAN!" - but those moments are few and far between, and his character spends most of the movie as a surly grump (real original, guys). Surprisingly, I found Cyborg to be my favorite of the newcomers, largely due to Ray Fisher's charismatic performance. He has some real screen presence, and he does more with just half his face than Miller does with his entire flailing, overacting body.

Wonder Woman is cool as usual, although she doesn't have a whole lot to do here. And although this might not matter to some people here, I noticed that there was a lot more male gaze in the camera's treatment of her this time around. Like, there's definitely one or two upskirt shots, and the camera often settles at ass-level when following her around. Superman has a couple of odd scenes to get through before he returns to the team, so to speak, but once he does, I found it jarring just how warm and pleasant he suddenly was. Don't get me wrong, Cavill is great at playing this more friendly Superman, but it's pretty incongruous with his previous characterization. Sadly, Batman stands out as being terrible here. BvS turning out to be shit has obviously weighed heavily on Affleck, and while he was committed in that movie, he phones in a mediocre performance here. He's just going through the motions, and it's obvious he's eager to get out of the role. I highly doubt we'll be seeing Batfleck again, and the fact that Snyder and WB have squandered what had the potential to be a fine run on the character is yet another cinematic crime.

The effects and action scenes are terrible. They're Snyder at his most indulgent and least creative. Constant slow-motion and extreme closeups, incoherent blurs when everything speeds back up. The Flash in particular looks terrible - the above gif of him spazzing out while pretending to run is not an isolated incident. Steppenwolf looks like shit, and I don't know why they even felt the need to turn him into an ugly CGI monster when in the comics he's just a dude with a silly hat. Are they going to do that with all of the New Gods? Cavill's face doesn't look too bad if you aren't specifically looking for any inconsistencies with it, except for the opening scene of the movie (the source of the last image I posted) in which it looks incredibly fake and obvious. On a related note, yes, Batman does randomly turn portly and back again throughout the movie, although it's never quite as obvious as it is in the scene where he meets Aquaman while bearded. The movie is full of awkward green screens, poor lighting giving away the artificial nature of the movie, a hideously ugly, murky aesthetic, and effects that look more at home in a bad video game than a film.

More assorted thoughts. To hear Batman spout Whedon-penned quips is a painful experience, although his lines are nowhere near as bad as Flash's. A lot has obviously been cut from this movie, including what must have been more universe-building about the New Gods and shit like that, along with, I suspect, a payoff to the whole Knightmare scene and Flash appearance from BvS. The end result is a movie that's way too short. Was this all that they were left with after cutting out the extraneous parts left over from BvS? Whatever the case, WB needs to stop making movies like this - waiting to see how test audiences react to their first draft, then frantically cutting and reshooting in the last few months before its release to awkwardly turn the film into something it isn't. That's not trying to make a good movie, that's just trying to limit the damage of a bad movie. They're five movies in, and they still don't have any kind of reasonable plan or strategy for how to make the most of this franchise. They're just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 04:34:48 AM by honk »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 30, 2017, 07:25:36 AM »
Excellent, classic saddam.

The Avengers trailer is more enjoyable than JL just offending.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 30, 2017, 08:47:25 AM »

So, against my better judgement, (one of my offspring is home from a place that hasn’t got a cinema), I agreed to go see Ragnarök, and to be honest I enjoyed it, mainly as they have done it as an out and out comedy, Thor and Hulk “bouncing” off each other quite well and a couple of the visual gags made me laugh out loud.
Which is just as well as the story is appalling, I know it shouldn’t bother me that a kid’s film plays fast and loose with myths,  but Hela is Loki’s daughter FFS and Odin doesn’t just fade away he dies fighting, he’s a Viking god not a fucking Buddhist!

But it still made me laugh.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 30, 2017, 02:00:09 PM »
I love how marvel seem to be taking pleasure in showing up DC nowadays. BvS:DoJ came out basically the same time as Civil War, a film with a very similar Hero v Hero premise but - you know - good. Now Marvel has let them release their big tent-pole Justice league movie and just as it's getting torn apart by critics, casually releases the trailer for Infinity War. It's almost cruel.

Rama Set

« Reply #659 on: November 30, 2017, 05:49:15 PM »
Almost, until you realize DC has thrown almost a billion dollars in to producing movies that should be milediocre without trying that hard. Somehow their level of incompetence is so high that they can’t make Batman fighting Superman any good. I don’t get it. Disney should just buy DC as well and make good movies for them.