Offline Action80

• View Profile
Re: FL GOP are homophobic crybabies
« Reply #140 on: March 24, 2022, 12:19:41 PM »
You just can’t keep the racists down, USA:

https://www.salon.com/2022/03/22/sen-mike-braun-says-was-to-legalize-interracial-marriage/
Racist, my ass...

"Mommy, he's a racist because he said something I disagree with!"

No, he’s racist because he thinks SCOTUS insisting anti-interracial marriage laws are illegal is judicial activism. But you know that, you just can’t help but disagree with me, no matter what position I take.
It is judicial activism as the government shouldn't be defining marriage to begin with.

You cannot agree with any position you offer, so I do not know why you have a problem with anyone else disagreeing with any position you offer.

Look at your tax form.
They absolutely must define marriage, in a legal sense.
Taxes are not an excuse for any government to define marriage.

Unless you promote the whole concept of slavery in perpetuity.

Which, based on your post history, that is a given.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2022, 01:24:55 PM »

They are, though. It's in any state's best interest to incentivize stable families. The continuation of society depends on it. Coincidentally, this is why the West's response to low birthrates has been incredibly high immigration.

Rama Set

« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2022, 02:03:53 PM »

https://www.salon.com/2022/03/22/sen-mike-braun-says-was-to-legalize-interracial-marriage/
Racist, my ass...

No, he’s racist because he thinks SCOTUS insisting anti-interracial marriage laws are illegal is judicial activism. But you know that, you just can’t help but disagree with me, no matter what position I take.
It is judicial activism as the government shouldn't be defining marriage to begin with.

You cannot agree with any position you offer, so I do not know why you have a problem with anyone else disagreeing with any position you offer.

I guess I’m wrong. You and I agree it’s good that SCOTUS prevented a discriminatory definition of marriage being pushed. You’d have to be a racist to think otherwise. SCOTUS performed their job as a check on the legislative branch perfectly. Doing their job is not “activism”.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2022, 02:29:03 PM »

They are, though. It's in any state's best interest to incentivize stable families. The continuation of society depends on it. Coincidentally, this is why the West's response to low birthrates has been incredibly high immigration.
Continuation of society is not dependent on elected government.

It is dependent on self-government.

Indentured servitude and forced fealty via taxation is contrary to self government.

Your stated reasoning is flawed.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2022, 02:32:24 PM »

Racist, my ass...

I guess I’m wrong. You and I agree it’s good that SCOTUS prevented a discriminatory definition of marriage being pushed. You’d have to be a racist to think otherwise. SCOTUS performed their job as a check on the legislative branch perfectly. Doing their job is not “activism”.
SCOTUS performs their job on the national legislative branch, not the states. That is Braun's point.

SCOTUS is government.

When I say government has no business defining marriage, I mean all of government.

Whimsy is your modus operandi.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2022, 02:36:25 PM »

Racist, my ass...

Look at your tax form.

It is.
Because marriage links two people, legally, together.

For example.  Lets say your wife dies.  You will inherit any debts in her name as well as any items in her name.  Otherwise anything in her name would simply be sold off at auction. 
It also allows you to make decisions on her behalf should she be incapable of doing so.

And since taxes(in one form or another) are required for any government to exist (even if its just a tribe), its required to define such an important relationship in a legal way.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2022, 02:59:50 PM »

Racist, my ass...

SCOTUS performs their job on the national legislative branch, not the states. That is Braun's point.

SCOTUS is government.

When I say government has no business defining marriage, I mean all of government.

Cool beans. I mean that you would have to be a racist to consider repealing an unconstitutional ban on interracial marriage as activism.

Personal attacks aren’t necessary, my dude.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2022, 03:01:31 PM »

Racist, my ass...

Look at your tax form.

It is.

For example.  Lets say your wife dies.  You will inherit any debts in her name as well as any items in her name.  Otherwise anything in her name would simply be sold off at auction. 
It also allows you to make decisions on her behalf should she be incapable of doing so.

And since taxes(in one form or another) are required for any government to exist (even if its just a tribe), its required to define such an important relationship in a legal way.
Marriage should not be legally defined, period.

As a concept, it is based on a religious/spirtiual issue, not a legal issue.

Your whole claim taxes are necessary for government to exist is pure bullshit.

Self government needs no taxes.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2022, 03:07:13 PM »

Racist, my ass...

SCOTUS is government.

Cool beans. I mean that you would have to be a racist to consider repealing an unconstitutional ban on interracial marriage as activism.

Personal attacks aren’t necessary, my dude.
Not a personal attack, unless you view an objective statement of your continued wavering within your philosophical stance, a personal attack.

Government (any branch) has no business defining marriage.

Marriage is not an issue of race.

Rama Set

« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2022, 03:22:47 PM »

Irrelevant.  There were laws prohibiting interracial marriage illegally and SCOTUS did away with them.  We definitely agree this is a good thing, yet you are trying to frame it as if we disagree.

Not a personal attack, unless you view an objective statement of your continued wavering within your philosophical stance, a personal attack.

Please show objectively that I waver philisophically.  Your assertion is not an objective truth, as much as you try to force it on others.

Rama Set

« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2022, 03:41:47 PM »
Just as an aside about whether or not SCOTUS has any right to decide whether or not a ban on interracial marriage is legal:

Quote from: www.uscourts.gov
The Court has appellate jurisdiction (the Court can hear the case on appeal) on almost any other case that involves a point of constitutional and/or federal law.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2022, 03:47:53 PM »

Racist, my ass...

Look at your tax form.

It is.

So if you're married, legally, you aren't?
Huh.... Well that would suck.  Would mean that if your wife was in the hospital, you get no special treatment.  You and her have separate assets, not combined.  And your family legally does not exist. 

That's called Anarchy.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2022, 05:59:50 PM »

Irrelevant.  There were laws prohibiting interracial marriage illegally and SCOTUS did away with them.  We definitely agree this is a good thing, yet you are trying to frame it as if we disagree.
It most certainly is relevant as I am framing it within the same context to demonstrate your errant take on framing as an issue of race, rather than government overreach (which it also happens to be).

Please show objectively that I waver philisophically.  Your assertion is not an objective truth, as much as you try to force it on others.
Your philosophy is generally government shouldn't define marriage.

Yet here you are trying to defend a branch of government doing so.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 24, 2022, 06:04:36 PM »

Racist, my ass...

Look at your tax form.

It is.

Huh.... Well that would suck.  Would mean that if your wife was in the hospital, you get no special treatment.  You and her have separate assets, not combined.  And your family legally does not exist. 

That's called Anarchy.
Self government is not anarchy.

That is just an insane statement.

You want, and seemingly NEED, someone else to define things for you and to hold your hand and provide an occasional teet on which to suckle.

Why do I need someone else to approve or deny who gets or shares my money, especially when it is someone like you, who I wouldn't trust to clean a fucking toilet properly, let alone have any clue about what words actually mean or should legally mean?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2022, 06:43:49 PM »

Racist, my ass...

Look at your tax form.

It is.

That's called Anarchy.
Self government is not anarchy.

Oh really?  Then what would happen if everyone self governed?  No taxes, no police, no laws except the ones you made for yourself.
What would that be.

Why do I need someone else to approve or deny who gets or shares my money, especially when it is someone like you, who I wouldn't trust to clean a fucking toilet properly, let alone have any clue about what words actually mean or should legally mean?
Because you'll die.  And you can't take it with you.

Rama Set

« Reply #155 on: March 24, 2022, 06:59:20 PM »
It most certainly is relevant as I am framing it within the same context to demonstrate your errant take on framing as an issue of race, rather than government overreach (which it also happens to be).

Whether or not the government has any stake in defining marriage or not, the outcome is the same, hence it is irrelevant.  As an aside, I find it hilarious (and a little sad) that you think reducing the amount of government interference in interpersonal relationships is government overreach.

Your philosophy is generally government shouldn't define marriage.

Yet here you are trying to defend a branch of government doing so.

Except this isn't the government defining marriage is it?  It is literally removing pieces of the definition, making it less, not more defined.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2022, 07:34:40 PM »
How do you get Gay or Lesbian?
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2022, 09:00:32 PM »

Don't you think that having a law that prevents two people of differing skin colors to marry would amount to government overreach?

The fact of the matter, whether you like it or not, marriage is a 'legal' thing. And, like it or not, marriage is a legal entity under State and Federal government. Whether it should be or shouldn't be is neither here nor there. So as such, in the reality we live, all efforts should be made for such a legal arrangement to be equal and accessible, without discrimination regarding the amount of melanin a couple may possess.

As an aside, can you name a country, territory, locality, commune, or whatever, that has successfully prospered under only "self-rule"? How would "self-rule" work in America?

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2022, 10:24:27 PM »
The biggest hypocrites in the world are the libertarians, lol. Keep your government out of my business, unless it's something I think you should govern. lol I can't even
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 25, 2022, 11:45:20 AM »
Self-government is not anarchy.

Oh really?  Then what would happen if everyone self governed?  No taxes, no police, no laws except the ones you made for yourself.
What would that be.
That would be nirvana.
Because you'll die.  And you can't take it with you.
So what? I make the decision prior to death.