Offline Action80

• View Profile
Re: FL GOP are homophobic crybabies
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2022, 04:03:29 PM »
There are clear developmental milestones educators rely upon when it comes to the introduction of instructional material and social interaction/activities.

You know this and shows your just whistling dixie in your typical fashion.
You are correct.
None of which involves teaching about different genders or relationships along a line rather than a binary system.

At least, not the American system.
Holy crap, now claiming sex education classes have no defined starting point in public school.

You just wrote a flat-out lie.

Wtf is the matter with you?

???
What are you talking about?  I never mentioned sex education classes.
Yeah, you did.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2022, 06:47:01 PM »
All I'm conveying is:

A) What does "...in a manner that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards" mean?
All I'm conveying is: Ask the educators who should be able to clearly spell out what the language means and what the adverse affect will be due to the law being in place.

A good friend of mine is a 2nd grade teacher in a town outside of Boston. I'll ask her.
Asking her would be illogical. One, she's in Boston, unaffected whatsoever by the law in FL. B, if she was in FL, she would be concerned with the first part that deals with pre-K through 3rd grade.
B) Is any of this really an issue that government needs to create laws, mandates, and penalties around? Is there actually an issue around Teachers talking about sexual orientation to K-3 kids? As in, does it happen?
Obviously, it does...not that you would ever acknowledge it.
For someone who is anti-goverment reach, let alone overreach, I'm surprised you've sided with government so decidely.
Casting this issue in terms of "overreach," is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

You are all in favor of DEMOCRATIC RULE except when the pedophiles you champion get left out in the cold.

Don't worry, Uncle Hairy Legs will ride in, just as soon as he finishes off Corn Pop, and make all things well again, while ringing the ice cream bell.

I didn't mean to say that this particular law is "overreach", per se. Just that the vaguery around, "...in a manner that is not age-appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards", gives me pause in terms of reach.

I'm not sure how you got all the way to "pedophiles you champion". But to be expected I guess considering how overblown, bombastic, threatened, and hyperbolic you seem to be.
There are clear developmental milestones educators rely upon when it comes to the introduction of instructional material and social interaction/activities.

I did ask her. She thinks the whole thing is pretty pointless - Stuff like that just doesn't come up, for her anyway, in the 2nd grade. She's been a 1st & 2nd grade teacher for 18 years - Granted, sample size of one.
You should find more logical friends.

At least I have friends.

As for the second bit, she says that these, "developmental milestones educators rely upon" you refer to actually vary from state to state. So, to your point, MA might be different than FLA. She also said there's nothing in the MA version that addresses anything in the FLA bill. So what would be interesting would be to see what exactly "...in a manner that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards" means in FLA.

The bottom line is this:

You and LD and many others here have a general opinion US public schools have a way to go in terms of performance.

Teachers of pre-K through 3rd grade talking about gender identity doesn't fit with a model of improvement.

https://unitedforflchildren.com/research/common-core-state-standards/developmentally-appropriate-practice-and-the-florida-standards/

Hey, thanks for, the first time ever, providing a reference. However, I just read it. There's literally nothing in there even remotely relevant to this topic. It's about pedantic/rigid academic teaching styles/curriculums versus more montesori/experimental/play-based teaching styles/curriculums. Nothing whatsoever to do with age developmental and appropriateness in terms of the subject matter in question. Dig a little deeper and find something that's actually germain to the conversation.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2022, 09:07:38 PM »
Hey, thanks for, the first time ever, providing a reference.
Wrong, as usual.
However, I just read it. There's literally nothing in there even remotely relevant to this topic. It's about pedantic/rigid academic teaching styles/curriculums versus more montesori/experimental/play-based teaching styles/curriculums. Nothing whatsoever to do with age developmental and appropriateness in terms of the subject matter in question. Dig a little deeper and find something that's actually germain to the conversation.
Wrong, again, and indicating the major problem with your whole take on the matter. You cannot understand written communication and you should work on that.

"Developmentally appropriate practice (DAP) is a strongly supported early childhood education framework grounded in the scientific literature on child development and effective educational practices, and incorporates both theory and research (NAEYC, 2009). DAP recognizes the interrelated contexts of early learning skill domains and emphasizes the variability both in early learning opportunities (prior to school) and developmental maturation rates up until age 8. The DAP framework calls for school environments which are able to adjust to this variability between children and provides an educational foundation through active learning experiences tailored to the rapidly changing abilities and needs of young children (NAEYC, 2009)."

The entire article is directed on a focus of building a strong fundamental base of age-appropriate socialization and learning activities. Last I checked, teachers talking about the way they like to swing is not age-appropriate until sex education classes begin.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2022, 09:23:48 PM »
Wrong, as usual.
However, I just read it. There's literally nothing in there even remotely relevant to this topic. It's about pedantic/rigid academic teaching styles/curriculums versus more montesori/experimental/play-based teaching styles/curriculums. Nothing whatsoever to do with age developmental and appropriateness in terms of the subject matter in question. Dig a little deeper and find something that's actually germain to the conversation.
Wrong, again, and indicating the major problem with your whole take on the matter. You cannot understand written communication and you should work on that.

"Developmentally appropriate practice (DAP) is a strongly supported early childhood education framework grounded in the scientific literature on child development and effective educational practices, and incorporates both theory and research (NAEYC, 2009). DAP recognizes the interrelated contexts of early learning skill domains and emphasizes the variability both in early learning opportunities (prior to school) and developmental maturation rates up until age 8. The DAP framework calls for school environments which are able to adjust to this variability between children and provides an educational foundation through active learning experiences tailored to the rapidly changing abilities and needs of young children (NAEYC, 2009)."

The entire article is directed on a focus of building a strong fundamental base of age-appropriate socialization and learning activities. Last I checked, teachers talking about the way they like to swing is not age-appropriate until sex education classes begin.

But is it okay for the teacher to point out that there's nothing wrong with the fact that Little Suzy has two daddies? Or will the new bill discourage even that kind of discussion? That's what I think some people are afraid of with this. Other than that, I seriously doubt frank and detailed discourse about non-cisgender sexual practices was ever something anyone ever had to worry about in early grade school. It's just another case of Republicans raising the spectre of fear among their followers about a supposed problem that never really existed, like (shudder) critical race theory being taught in classrooms.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2022, 09:46:15 PM »
But is it okay for the teacher to point out that there's nothing wrong with the fact that Little Suzy has two daddies?
In the course of a day-to-day school activity concerning home life, no. If kids have more questions about it, the teacher refers the child to seek more information from home.

If Suzy is getting guff from the other kids about the nature of the parents, then the teacher needs to have a discussion with the parents of the kids bringing the guff. Other than that, no reason to discuss it all.
Or will the new bill discourage even that kind of discussion?
Yes, outside of the parameters presented.
That's what I think some people are afraid of with this. Other than that, I seriously doubt frank and detailed discourse about non-cisgender sexual practices was ever something anyone ever had to worry about in early grade school. It's just another case of Republicans raising the spectre of fear among their followers about a supposed problem that never really existed, like (shudder) critical race theory being taught in classrooms.
This isn't a party issue, it is a people issue.

It was an issue and people brought it before their elected representatives and the representatives acted upon it.

Simple, end of story.

Critical race theory is taught in public schools and you need to learn more about it.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2022, 09:56:48 PM »
Wrong, as usual.

The article is centered on math and literature, the 3 R's, play versus rigid academics. There's no mention of what's age appropriate for other topics.

Preschool Parkland FL - DAP (Developmentally Appropriate Practices)

And she closes with "That's what Developmentally Appropriate Practices (DAP) are".

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2022, 10:38:05 PM »

You are correct.
None of which involves teaching about different genders or relationships along a line rather than a binary system.

At least, not the American system.
Holy crap, now claiming sex education classes have no defined starting point in public school.

You just wrote a flat-out lie.

Wtf is the matter with you?

???
What are you talking about?  I never mentioned sex education classes.
Yeah, you did.

???
Ok... Where in the part you quoted, did I mention sex ed classes?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2022, 10:30:34 AM »
Wrong, as usual.

The article is centered on math and literature, the 3 R's, play versus rigid academics. There's no mention of what's age appropriate for other topics.

And she closes with "That's what Developmentally Appropriate Practices (DAP) are".
Inference, based on the written material, when inconvenient to my statements, eludes me.
FTFY
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 04:52:46 PM by Action80 »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2022, 07:18:15 PM »
Wrong, as usual.

Inference, based on the written material, when inconvenient to my statements, eludes me.
FTFY

Why would you cross out the title of the video which was created by the FLA teacher(s) who posted it? It's their title, not mine. Makes no sense.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2022, 07:26:35 PM »
Did I eliminate the video?

No.

Still struggling with inconvenient inference, I see.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2022, 07:47:17 PM »

No.

No you didn't. But why did you cross out their title? Makes no sense.

What's the inference I'm missing? That kids playing with blocks developmentally above their pay grade is somehow related to age-inappropriate discussions of sexual orientation?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2022, 10:13:41 PM »

No.

It does when you realize...
he forgot the end BBC tag.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2022, 02:06:32 AM »

No.

There’s an [/s] lurking in there…

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2022, 05:52:47 AM »

No.

There’s an [/s] lurking in there…

Yes... So there is...
Then its sheer laziness.  He put in one at the end instead of several start/end tags to avoid the title.

Rama Set

« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2022, 03:56:57 PM »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2022, 10:13:44 AM »
You just can’t keep the racists down, USA:

https://www.salon.com/2022/03/22/sen-mike-braun-says-was-to-legalize-interracial-marriage/
Racist, my ass...

"Mommy, he's a racist because he said something I disagree with!"

Rama Set

« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2022, 10:24:54 AM »

https://www.salon.com/2022/03/22/sen-mike-braun-says-was-to-legalize-interracial-marriage/
Racist, my ass...

No, he’s racist because he thinks SCOTUS insisting anti-interracial marriage laws are illegal is judicial activism. But you know that, you just can’t help but disagree with me, no matter what position I take.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2022, 10:55:32 AM »

His rationalle is crap.
Marriage is a federal issue as well as a state issue.  Therefore it goes to the supreme court.  You can't leave it up to the states since federal tax law relies on marriage vs non-marriage declarations.

Also, ya know, discrimination.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2022, 11:01:12 AM »

Racist, my ass...

No, he’s racist because he thinks SCOTUS insisting anti-interracial marriage laws are illegal is judicial activism. But you know that, you just can’t help but disagree with me, no matter what position I take.
It is judicial activism as the government shouldn't be defining marriage to begin with.

You cannot agree with any position you offer, so I do not know why you have a problem with anyone else disagreeing with any position you offer.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2022, 12:03:11 PM »

Racist, my ass...

It is judicial activism as the government shouldn't be defining marriage to begin with.

You cannot agree with any position you offer, so I do not know why you have a problem with anyone else disagreeing with any position you offer.

Look at your tax form.
They absolutely must define marriage, in a legal sense.