Offline Love

• View Profile
« on: May 18, 2016, 12:42:22 PM »
I will tell you why; so shall my anticipation prevent your discovery, and your secrecy to the King and queene: moult no feather. I have of late, (but wherefore I know not) lost all my mirth, forgone all custom of exercises; and indeed, it goes so heavily with my disposition; that this goodly frame the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory; this most excellent canopy the air, look you, this brave o'er hanging firmament, this majestical roof, fretted with golden fire: why, it appeareth no other thing to me, than a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours. 'What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an Angel! in apprehension how like a god! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals! And yet to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me; no, nor Woman neither; though by your smiling you seem to say so.[1]  Shakespeare

In 1963 John Glenn supposedly orbited the world 3 times.  It was a big deal with Mr. Glenn being honored by the President and his elegant wife along with a ticker tape parade attended by thousands upon thousands in New York and blanket media coverage.   A success for NASA and the Mercury (Mercury the trickster god; likes to fool people)  Then all hell breaks loose and cultural upheaval runs wild.   Since 1963 people have become inured to a lower standard of existence.   I think art, music and science died that year.   They did for me.

Rama Set

Re: 1963
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 02:32:06 PM »
Sounds like you need to read some books or something.  Maybe go to MOMA?  If you would like a recommendation on a spectacular modern playwright, I recommend Stephen Adly Guirgis.

What does this have to do with a FE though?

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 06:31:51 PM »
Sounds like you need to read some books or something.  Maybe go to MOMA?  If you would like a recommendation on a spectacular modern playwright, I recommend Stephen Adly Guirgis.

It has to do with FE because it is a philosophical question and how one views the question depends a lot on how they view the world.  There used to be only a few thousand flat earthers.  Now there are millions and the number seems to be growing.   People in authority, scientific and otherwise, have proven not to be reliable.  Many of us out here are disgusted with the old paradigms.

Are you a flathead or a roundhead?   I have stated that I don't know.   I do like the flatheads better.   They seem to be more down to earth.

I think Trey Parker and Eminem are geniuses.   But, instead of writing about beautiful or deeply stirring things like Keats, et al, they write about violence, nihilism and perversion.

I am sure there are talented people out there but they aren't being promoted.  And I do not think that their art is resonating with the public.

The world has gone downhill.  Elegance is dead.  Art, music and science are dead.

The fact that people, roundheads, come in here to argue with those they consider to be mentally defective only shows the roundhead side lacks self assurance in their beliefs.  If one didn't feel threatened at some level then one would be indifferent. 

« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 06:42:33 PM by Love »

Rama Set

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 07:27:55 PM »

It has to do with FE because it is a philosophical question and how one views the question depends a lot on how they view the world.  There used to be only a few thousand flat earthers.  Now there are millions and the number seems to be growing.   People in authority, scientific and otherwise, have proven not to be reliable.  Many of us out here are disgusted with the old paradigms.

Are you a flathead or a roundhead?   I have stated that I don't know.   I do like the flatheads better.   They seem to be more down to earth.

I think Trey Parker and Eminem are geniuses.   But, instead of writing about beautiful or deeply stirring things like Keats, et al, they write about violence, nihilism and perversion.

I am sure there are talented people out there but they aren't being promoted.  And I do not think that their art is resonating with the public.

The world has gone downhill.  Elegance is dead.  Art, music and science are dead.

This is most definitely wrong and likely can be attributed to golden age thinking.  There is a bevy of amazing art, music and science, you just do not know where to look.  It is more accessible than it has ever been too.

The fact that people, roundheads, come in here to argue with those they consider to be mentally defective only shows the roundhead side lacks self assurance in their beliefs.  If one didn't feel threatened at some level then one would be indifferent.

I agree with this, but that does not describe every "roundhead".  If you stopped making generalizations, then you might find you surprise yourself.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 11:49:30 PM »

No, the question of whether the earth is Flat of a Globe is not a "philosophical question".

The earth is simply the shape it is. That is simply I physical fact, not a  "philosophical question".

Maybe Flat Earthers generally hold some particular  "philosophical position" - that is a different matter.

I certainly believe that there is a mountain of evidence[1] to support the earth being a Globe.
Right from the appearance of the sun and moon rising and setting to measurements that prove we cannot be living on a plane surface!

[1]  An overwhelming amount of evidence if you don't subscribe to all the NASA, Freemason, Illuminati, Jesuit, Zionist etc comspiracy ideas.

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 05:23:43 PM »

No, the question of whether the earth is Flat of a Globe is not a "philosophical question".

The earth is simply the shape it is. That is simply I physical fact, not a  "philosophical question".

Maybe Flat Earthers generally hold some particular  "philosophical position" - that is a different matter.

I certainly believe that there is a mountain of evidence[1] to support the earth being a Globe.
Right from the appearance of the sun and moon rising and setting to measurements that prove we cannot be living on a plane surface!

[1]  An overwhelming amount of evidence if you don't subscribe to all the NASA, Freemason, Illuminati, Jesuit, Zionist etc comspiracy ideas.

"I certainly believe."  Your words.  If you had empirical evidence you would not make a statement like this.  Thus, the question of a flat or round earth is philosophical.  I have never said the earth was flat.  It might be?  I can't prove it is round or ellipsoid or whatever.

I don't subscribe to any ideas.  You sure do.

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 05:31:57 PM »
A scholar named Berensen wrote a paper back in the 70's which compared artwork during the time of Marcus Aurelius to the art -- by art I specifically mean painting, sculpting -- during the time of Constantine and his thesis (dissertation) claimed that the fall in the quality of public art was a reflection of Romans losing their cultural cohesion.  I think the same thing is happening here in the western world.

There are always talented people.  Trey Parker and Eminem are brilliant but what is their message?   Would you want your child to share the same values as Trey Parker and Eminem.

Science doesn't feed the soul in the same way art and music does.  What makes people different from the critters of the forest and barnyards is that we can look at a flower and see it as something of beauty and contemplate what that may or may not mean.

Offline UnionsOfSolarSystemPlanet

• The Moon orbits spherical Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 10:03:15 AM »
"I certainly believe."  Your words.  If you had empirical evidence you would not make a statement like this.  Thus, the question of a flat or round earth is philosophical.  I have never said the earth was flat.  It might be?  I can't prove it is round or ellipsoid or whatever.

Does a question regarding weather a Box is really a cuboid shape counts as a philosophical question?
By default no, but all answers to any question can be applied with philosophy.
I can answer just yes, because it does looks cubical or i can apply philosophy that it might be another shape
because our perception are stuck in our body, who knows what it's actual shape is outside our body.

The same can be done with the question regarding of Earth's shape, it is a physical question and like all questions, it's answers can be applied with philosophy.
The size of the Solar system if the Moon were only 1 pixel:
http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html

Offline Love

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 08:55:52 PM »

Does a question regarding weather a Box is really a cuboid shape counts as a philosophical question?
By default no, but all answers to any question can be applied with philosophy.
I can answer just yes, because it does looks cubical or i can apply philosophy that it might be another shape
because our perception are stuck in our body, who knows what it's actual shape is outside our body.

The same can be done with the question regarding of Earth's shape, it is a physical question and like all questions, it's answers can be applied with philosophy.

What can not be observed must be inferred and inference is always, to some degree, subjective.  I can not observe a round earth.   I need experts to tell me what the shape is.  I need to trust these experts before I believe them.  I have learned not to trust the experts.  Trust is earned and you haven't earned it.  By the way your argument is shallow and rife with circular logic.