Re: Crisp clear horizon line
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2019, 08:05:23 AM »
There are multiple causes for the sinking effect. Pick one: https://wiki.tfes.org/Sinking_Ship_Effect

So I looked at those pictures which provide evidence of the sinking ship effect. I don't understand why it is ok to use them as evidence of anything at all when the Wiki says that pictures are inherently untrustworthy and corrupted things that are no evidence of anything (referencing pictures from space as no proof of the shape of the Earth).

Why are your pictures any more valid than NASA's?
It could be round or flat, but round has really been working out so much better for us.

Perhaps it would be better to say the Earth is "pointy".

Offline reer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2019, 10:19:18 AM »
Does anyone want to comment about my observation on May 13 that the transmission lines seem to curve around a round earth? Any explanations, or did was this put in the too-hard-basket?

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2019, 09:24:43 PM »
Does anyone want to comment about my observation on May 13 that the transmission lines seem to curve around a round earth? Any explanations, or did was this put in the too-hard-basket?

That's a great picture, one of the best works showing RE imo, but I don't think FEs would reply to that but for saying it could be fake. Since FEs and "Zetetics" are sooooo skeptical and they base themselves only on easy observations, my hope is to find a very easy , but "impossible", observation that is true in whatever conditions. I believe that the clear definition of the horizon is one of those:

- acknowledged by Rowbotham
- impossible for a truly flat earth
- literally everywhere in FE "proofs"

I can see two evolutions of this topic:

- how the horizon looks on other landscapes such as plains
- what colour should the horizon line be
Quote from: Pete Svarrior
these waves of smug RE'ers are temporary. Every now and then they flood us for a year or two in response to some media attention, and eventually they peter out. In my view, it's a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".