Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Let's do some science, fellas!
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2015, 10:01:59 PM »
I have no problem with RE'ers. I have a problem with people who come here and announce in advance that they won't even consider the opposing side - no matter what that side may be. Seriously, what's the point in discussing things when your idea of a discussion is so unilateral?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2015, 05:41:34 PM »
Seriously, what's the point in discussing things when your idea of a discussion is so unilateral?

Isn't yours? You continue to debate with us, which is awesome, I appreciate it- but be honest, regardless of what anyone posts, are you more apt to look at it and say "hmm. Could be" or look for a way to dismiss it as propaganda?

The reality of the situation is, we're doing the exact same thing from different sides of the fence. Like a political argument, neither side has much chance of converting the other, but damn if it isn't fun.  :)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 05:44:17 PM by Disgraced_Shield »

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2015, 09:52:58 AM »
Except political debates are based in difference of opinion. There's no such thing as difference of opinion with facts. There's true and false. Fact or fiction. You can't have an opinion about that.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2015, 03:18:24 PM »
Except political debates are based in difference of opinion. There's no such thing as difference of opinion with facts. There's true and false. Fact or fiction. You can't have an opinion about that.

You can absolutely have a difference of opinion with fact. It's all in the interpretation.

Fact: The earth appears flat when you look out the window.

Interpretation #1: The earth must be flat.
Interpretation #2: You ain't seein' all of it.

This entire debate is the result of an interpretation of a handful of observations, complete or incomplete. There are basic scientific facts which everyone can agree on- it's the conclusions drawn from those facts which make all the difference.

Example:

Poisson's Spot https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arago_spot

Fact: Shine a light at a ball, and you get a light spot in the middle of the shadow.

Interpretation #1: This applies to the earth. If it were round, light would bend around the globe and it would never be dark.

Interpretation #2: This does not apply to the earth because specific circumstances of the experiment are not able to be replicated, (Point light source as opposed to a star, smooth surface, and fresnel's equasion has to be exact) and thus has no bearing on the shape of the earth.

Now, that being said- you are correct if you start to drill down and present factual evidence that is irrefutable and not really open to interpretation.

Fact: The circumstances in the Poisson's Spot experiment need to be exact in order for it to be successfuly replicated.

Interpretation #1: 
Interpretation #2: Correct.

Facts the world over, be they political, scientific, economical, or otherwise, will usually be interpreted and possibly spun- to meet the needs of whomever is presented the data.

I'm not arguing with you so much as justifying my analogy.  :)

« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 03:22:20 PM by Disgraced_Shield »

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2015, 03:46:13 PM »
I would like to see a model of this flat earth in proportional scales. Only to make a few observations about the sun light. Anyone knows how can i find some 3D models that fits well?

Only to explain why: I can make a simple observation of the spherical earth model with a ball and a lantern, to see how works day and night. To do the same thing in flat earth model, i think that is more complex, hardly to make a experiment with real objects. I need to observe in a 3D software.

I'm a believer of spherical earth, but i'm trying to understand how things could work in flat earth. I need some experimental proof. Can you help me? (a simple handly experiments could help too)

Let's do some Science!