Offline Elyn95

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Why do posts get locked?
« on: March 30, 2021, 06:42:58 PM »
I recently posted a question about the Ice Wall, but it got locked really quickly. Does anyone know why that was? It seemed like people were replying to it. Did I do something wrong?
The production of too many useless things results in too many useless people.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Why do posts get locked?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 08:20:41 PM »
We ask you to read the FAQ before posting here, and your question is already answered there. Since this forum is meant to serve as an archive of discussions of sorts, diluting the pool with repeat questions makes things more difficult to find for others.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Elyn95

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 08:59:39 PM »
Sorry for not seeing this post earlier before posting to the other thread. I forgot to click 'notify me of replies'. My bad.

As to repeating a discussion that has already been had, surley this is the point? The last significant thread I can see on interesting theories on what lies beyond the ice wall was posted in 2017. Isn't it possible to revive some old discussions with new ideas? Doesn't it become a bit stale otherwise?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 09:14:38 PM »
As to repeating a discussion that has already been had, surley this is the point?
No. If your question is one covered by the FAQ, then what you should do is read the FAQ. Otherwise, people searching for the answer may not be able to find the needle in the haystack of repeated questions.

Isn't it possible to revive some old discussions with new ideas?
If you have new ideas, by all means, post them. Your question was not one of those.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Elyn95

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 07:43:22 PM »
As to repeating a discussion that has already been had, surley this is the point?
No. If your question is one covered by the FAQ, then what you should do is read the FAQ. Otherwise, people searching for the answer may not be able to find the needle in the haystack of repeated questions.

Isn't it possible to revive some old discussions with new ideas?
If you have new ideas, by all means, post them. Your question was not one of those.

Sorry,  I didn't mean I had new ideas, I meant I had questions that people who have some new ideas might have insight to. If we restrict ourselves to archived discussions, then how to we ever bring new light to old topics?