Offline Tom Haws

• Not Flat, Round, Ellipsoid, or Geoid. Just Earth.
    • View Profile
    • Tom Haws Interesting Random Discoveries
Re: Hello, can you help me with some doubts?
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2017, 06:56:01 AM »
If you do, then I recommend you look into the centrifugal equation. Fc = mv^2/r

Well, the Round Earth radius is about 6,400 km everywhere, and circumference is about 40,000 km.
Vt= 40,000 km / 24 hr = 460 m/s
Ac = v^2/r = 460^2/(6.4e6) = 0.03 m/sec^2 (also available like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=centripetal+acceleration+at+equator)
Gravity is 9.81 m/sec^2

So I don't know how on earth anybody got the notion that a spinning earth would fling anybody off. Yes, our tangential speed is about 460 m/s. Yes, our centripetal acceleration is 0.03 m/s^2. Yes, gravity is over 300 times this amount. So you won't weigh much less in Ecuador than in Greenland.
Civil Engineer (professional mapper)

Thanks to Tom Bishop for his courtesy.

No flat map can predict commercial airline flight times among New York, Paris, Cape Town, & Buenos Aires.

The FAQ Sun animation does not work with sundials. And it has the equinox sun set toward Seattle (well N of NW) at my house in Mesa, AZ.

Offline Seedz

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2017, 08:15:41 PM »

Well, the Round Earth radius is about 6,400 km everywhere, and circumference is about 40,000 km.
Ac = v^2/r = 460^2/(6.4e6) = 0.03 m/sec^2 (also available like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=centripetal+acceleration+at+equator)
Gravity is 9.81 m/

So I don't know how on earth anybody got the notion that a spinning earth would fling anybody off. Yes, our tangential speed is about 460 m/s. Yes, our centripetal acceleration is 0.03 m/s^2. Yes, gravity is over 300 times this amount. So you won't weigh much less in Ecuador than in Greenland.

I just want to mention that this math works only if the mass of the earth is indeed accurate.

There is no way to calculate the density of the earth.

We have only drilled about 12km deep, and the materials vary greatly throughout the earth. There is water, ice, clay, dirt, sand, rocks, trees, etc... there is no way to accurately calculate the density, therefore there is no way to accurately calculate the mass of the earth.

Why can't anyone proof how the G constant that newton came up with is actually accurate?

« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 08:18:12 PM by Seedz »

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2017, 10:23:12 PM »

Gravity is 9.81 m/

I just want to mention that this math works only if the mass of the earth is indeed accurate.

We have only drilled about 12km deep, and the materials vary greatly throughout the earth. There is water, ice, clay, dirt, sand, rocks, trees, etc... there is no way to accurately calculate the density, therefore there is no way to accurately calculate the mass of the earth.

Why can't anyone proof how the G constant that newton came up with is actually accurate?

So your earlier comments on the centrifugal force were just a lie, right? I asked you for your numbers because I knew you were wrong. It is pretty clear you never worked out the math. Maybe I'm wrong - I'd still love to see you take a stab at this.

You can Google how the mass of the Earth was calculated and how G was derived. We know it is accurate because we can use these numbers to predict how objects will behave in orbit, etc.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline Horhang

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2017, 11:22:05 PM »

-Why does the water fall spinning in the other direction in the southern hemisphere?
It doesn't, this is a myth.

Nonsense Suffragette, water spins in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere, far from being a myth its a very well known fact!

It actually is a myth Devil... Look into it.

Its actually a well known fact Seedz, empirically demonstrated on my travels through the southern hemisphere. Get out from behind your laptop and see the world dude!
[/quote]

I am originally from Argentina, Buenos Aires to be precise.

The water spin varies from toilet to toilet. I've seen it.

I think the myth busters did a show in this too, not that I vet them, but they are mainstream media which should suffice as evidence here.
[/quote]

No one said anything about toilets. what was said was water drains in different directions in the northern an Southern Hemispheres. Here watch this

Offline Tom Haws

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2017, 12:58:35 AM »
Water drains the way you start it draining. The Coriolis effect on a global scale does not affect local whirlpools because other momentum effects predominate.

But on this subject, the Coriolis Effect applies not only on a global scale, but to any rotating system. So when you hear Coriolis, keep in mind it may have nothing at all to do with the Round Earth (although it usually does).

No flat map can predict commercial airline flight times among New York, Paris, Cape Town, & Buenos Aires.

The FAQ Sun animation does not work with sundials. And it has the equinox sun set toward Seattle (well N of NW) at my house in Mesa, AZ.

Offline Seedz

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2017, 03:58:45 AM »

Gravity is 9.81 m/

So your earlier comments on the centrifugal force were just a lie, right? I asked you for your numbers because I knew you were wrong. It is pretty clear you never worked out the math. Maybe I'm wrong - I'd still love to see you take a stab at this.

You can Google how the mass of the Earth was calculated and how G was derived. We know it is accurate because we can use these numbers to predict how objects will behave in orbit, etc.

OK......

Look at it this way.

The formula for the Fc is meant to demonstrate the very real force that is currently present based on the Globe model.

Now, in order for the mass of the earth to be accurate as you say, you must know FOR SURE what the density is.

In order to calculate for the force of "gravity" you need to know the mass of the earth ACCURATELY so that you can make it LAW.

Please tell me how is the earth's density accurately measured FOR SURE if the deepest we have ever drilled is like 12KM?

Are you telling me sonar, x-ray, etc.. can penetrate the radius of the earth to get us actual data values that we can use to calculate an equation that is the LAW?

Now, think of this: how does gravity know how hard to pull? No matter what size an object may be, if you get rid of air, they will hit the ground at the same time.

Look at this from a .edu physics Q and A:

Follow-Up #1: Why fixed gravitational acceleration?

Q:
So the force of gravity pulls harder on heavier objects, and it pulls every object no matter what the mass (neglecting air resistance) toward the Earth with enough force to have it accelerate 9.81 m/s/s. But what i don't understand is how this force changes. Like how does gravity "know" how hard it needs to pull the object to make it go 9.81 m/s/s faster. And also, why does Earth have gravity and other objects do not?
- Will (age 18)
A:
Let me take your second question first. It's not true that other objects lack gravity. According to  Newton's theory of universal gravitation (published in 1687) absolutely every object exerts a gravitational pull on every other object. The Earth's gravity is most noticeable around here because the Earth is big. Smaller objects have smaller effects. The first direct measurement of the gravitational force between two small objects in a lab was published by Cavendish in 1798.

Now we get to the trickier issue- why the gravitational acceleration depends only on the position of an object, not on its size or what it's made of. Although this was described by Galileo in about 1590, it wasn't explained until Einstein developed general relativity in 1916. Gravity is most accurately described not as a force but as a warping of the spacetime within which all things move. Each object at a particular place and time sees the same warped spacetime. If you try to describe the motion as if it were occurring in Newton's flat spacetime, as we like to do, you get the same acceleration for any slow-moving objects, because that acceleration really just is a measure of the same spacetime curvature.

Mike W.
https://van.physics.illinois.edu/qa/listing.php?id=164

They use a THEORY to explain a very real thing that cannot be explained otherwise.

LOL you tell me you know G is accurate because of calculation done to put objects in orbit..... Have YOU put an object in orbit?

Gravity cannot be proven .

The force that holds us down is something much different than we have been told.

Just like theory of evolution, there is not palpable evidence.

Offline Horhang

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2017, 04:35:53 AM »
Water drains the way you start it draining. The Coriolis effect on a global scale does not affect local whirlpools because other momentum effects predominate.

But on this subject, the Coriolis Effect applies not only on a global scale, but to any rotating system. So when you hear Coriolis, keep in mind it may have nothing at all to do with the Round Earth (although it usually does).
Did you watch the linked video? Water drains rotating in different directions from a standing pool in different hemispheres.this is exactly due to the rotation of the earth.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2017, 05:56:10 AM »

Now, in order for the mass of the earth to be accurate as you say, you must know FOR SURE what the density is.

In order to calculate for the force of "gravity" you need to know the mass of the earth ACCURATELY so that you can make it LAW.
time, as we like to do, you get the same acceleration for any slow-moving objects, because that acceleration really just is a measure of the same spacetime curvature.

They use a THEORY to explain a very real thing that cannot be explained otherwise.

LOL you tell me you know G is accurate because of calculation done to put objects in orbit..... Have YOU put an object in orbit?

The force that holds us down is something much different than we have been told.

A few things and then I'm done with this because you're don't grasp the basic concepts here.

1) You do NOT need to know the density of the Earth to calculate its mass. I'm not sure where you are getting that from.
2) A theory is well established fact.
3) I don't need to put objects in orbit to know they are in orbit. Just look up. Ever see a virus? Do you doubt they exist? Ever put your hand in fire? Do you think it is hot? This is such a tired argument from the people on this site. "Oh, if you didn't do it yourself, you can't know for sure." Give me a break. Its like dealing with spoiled children.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline Roger G

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2017, 03:54:30 PM »

time, as we like to do, you get the same acceleration for any slow-moving objects, because that acceleration really just is a measure of the same spacetime curvature.

A few things and then I'm done with this because you're don't grasp the basic concepts here.

1) You do NOT need to know the density of the Earth to calculate its mass. I'm not sure where you are getting that from.
2) A theory is well established fact.
3) I don't need to put objects in orbit to know they are in orbit. Just look up. Ever see a virus? Do you doubt they exist? Ever put your hand in fire? Do you think it is hot? This is such a tired argument from the people on this site. "Oh, if you didn't do it yourself, you can't know for sure." Give me a break. Its like dealing with spoiled children.

@StinkyOne
The problem here is that you are discussing a complex subject like gravity with someone who hasn't got enough background knowledge to make a reasoned and grounded discussion. Unfortunately that is very common on this forum with so called FEs. They have picked up various levels of information from sitting on the computers all day, but once they come up against someone with more knowledge and understanding of the subject they resort to the same old tired baseless arguments. When they can't actually give an accurate technical argument, they will resort to Maths is flawed, or I am not prepared to answer you because you are a sheep who has been brainwashed, or how do you know have you tried it yourself.  How about I am totally discarding all the hundreds of years of accumulated knowledge and hundreds of thousands of scientific papers because they don't agree with the bible or Rowbotham, and scientists are all part of the conspiracy.

It's all intellectually interesting, but not a game you can win. Try discussing relativity with a flock of sheep, you will get a more receptive response ::)

Roger

Offline Tom Haws

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2017, 11:57:39 PM »

Did you watch the linked video? Water drains rotating in different directions from a standing pool in different hemispheres.this is exactly due to the rotation of the earth.

If you have a video, it is a hoax. This has been abundantly debunked. Please do not muddy the waters with spurious arguments. Stick to obvious stuff like commercial airline flight times.

Offline JAZZEYENANO

• I do not believe in a flat earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2017, 12:42:25 AM »

If you have a video, it is a hoax. This has been abundantly debunked. Please do not muddy the waters with spurious arguments. Stick to obvious stuff like commercial airline flight times.

I am fairly sure the Coriolis Effect involves wind so yeah...
Convince me if you can

ScienceFirst

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2017, 11:23:07 PM »
There are several explanations as to distances in the southern hemisphere, but for one thing, there isn't an accurate "map" of a flat earth without distortion.  until we have one, there are bound to be discrepancies like this.

We have a map and it is extremely accurate. It matches all time/distance requirements. Why would you think the currents maps are wrong? If the Earth was flat, our current maps would not work. They do work precisely because the world isn't flat.

Are you in antarctica? :)  It's pretty far away.  I don't think the edge is where most people think it is (I suspect there may be something "past" antarctica), but that's just a hunch on my part.

We have been all around Antarctica - there is nothing "past" it in the sense you are thinking.

Probably the same reason that the earth has human life and the other planets don't.  The earth is clearly different.

The Earth has life because of it's location in the habitable zone around the Sun. I the sun were warmer, Mars may have been the life-bearing planet. Earth is quite similar to the other rocky planets.

The more you learn about FEH, the more hard it is to believe it. (if you take the time to think about it)

Why do you people INSIST on using fake data? Like "habitable area from the sun" and "the maps are accurate because it is a globe"

Cant you see that the maps they give are indeed accurate for both flat and globe earth?

Also, there is very little "professional" science that has been invested into supporting a flat earth model.

So yeah.... Its all meant to deceive you, and the sheep keep citing NASA and FAKE science.

I don't try to convince people anymore, I just tell them to investigate for themselves if they truly are curious.

It is only fake because you disagree with the contents. If I posted stuff that could support FEH you would think I'm telling the truth. You can spare me the sheep garbage, too. I support peer-reviewed science. Not ancient theories that were cast away long ago. If you ever get really sick, don't go to a doctor. Figure out the cure for yourself. There is a very good reason we have experts.

News flash - the FE community has no map, so how, exactly, is it accurate??? You can't take the map of a globe and make it flat without introducing errors.

These "peer reviews" are all within the same community. If they were deliberately fabricating fact and the intent was to implement a fake truth, you better believe that these "peers" would all be in on it.

There are plenty of professionals outside of these mainstream "communities"  that have proven the globe math and constants to be complete fabrications.

Did you know that the G constant established by newtown which is used to calculate anything from the mass of the earth to the acceleration of gravity is completely fabricated?

Why on earth are we still using 1600s math and theories????

Holy crap people are gullible and will buy anything that is on TV.

If the G constant is crap, then everything having to do with a globe earth and the theory of gravity goes out the window.

If we actually cannot calculate the mass of the earth, then the theory that a body attracts another body is complete crap.

This is the logic that the globe is based on. Thats how they explain the planets, and the orbits, yada yada yada..... ITS BS and people are too conditioned to question it.

It takes a very special type of individual to accept the truth.

BTW modern medicine is meant to keep you just healthy enough so that you have to go back to the doctor.

Cured people are not customers. Sick people are customers.

Keep drinking the Kool Aid.

OK so first off I don't mean to attack you so if you're gonna be mean might as well not reply at all, this is a discussion and if you really promote science and research as much as you say you do, discussion shouldn't be too difficult for you!
But I am a medical student and I had to comment on your quote 'BTW modern medicine is meant to keep you just healthy enough so that you have to go back to the doctor.' This is ridiculous, and it makes me very, very angry. And let me tell you why. I spend years and years learning everything about the human body and how we know what we know and the physics behind every cell and every protein and every gene, and additionally also learning something we call EVIDENCE BASED MEDICINE, which is the constant research in medicine and the best practice - nothing in medicine is random, and everything HAS to be evidence based. So as much as you would like to believe its all a conspiracy, it makes me angry that me staying up so many nights for so many years to be able to provide the BEST care to future patients can be dismissed by you in one sentence. I find it offensive that you think that after all this work, all this effort, we would like anything but what is best for the patient! Also in the medicine world it is very clear why anything other that evidence based medicine would not be possible- so it is really easy to comment from the outside, but if you did even a little bit of research on how evidence in medicine works, you'd see how wrong you are.
I know this sways a bit from the topic of discussion, but i think it also serves to emphasize on a point- just because you dont see the full picture, doesnt mean there is a conspiracy- either way FE or RE.