Offline Ajaycee

• What happened to Pluto ?
    • View Profile
Is This Society Real ?
« on: December 13, 2014, 11:10:12 PM »
For the avoidance of doubt, I have opened this thread to secure an honest answer; To wit, is the Flat Earth Society real ?

Having ploughed through the threads here and on the 'other' FES website, I am coming to the conclusion that the boards amount to little more than an exercise in Empire Building; Occasionally, some topics appear as little more than a window for apparent 'great thinkers' to hurl insults and expound their peculiar brand of wisdom to people they feel have not looked into 'the blatantly obvious' lines of enquiry.  I am beyond the days of "it was on TV so it must be true" and "everybody knows, it's obvious"; It would be good to find a few people who can think for themselves.

So; Is this Society real or is it another internet mosh pit ?

Serious replies only please.

Kind Regards.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Is This Society Real ?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 11:13:26 PM »
No, we're not real. Stop talking to nobody, silly.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 11:16:19 PM »
I don't understand the distinction between "real" and "internet mosh pit". This is a real internet mosh pit.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 11:25:02 PM »
Yes.  Tom Bishop, for example, is our most prestigious flat earther.  Both sites are real and there are those who do accept the data that shows the world to be flat.

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Ajaycee

• What happened to Pluto ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 12:04:56 AM »
Lord Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

Case closed; No further replies required.