Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #3360 on: November 01, 2018, 02:44:03 PM »
I'd rather Facebook and Twitter and all social media crack down and ban nationalistic messages.

And there is the truth. People often admit it without intending to. Gopd luck in your totalitarian censorship campaign comrade.

I came here to post this.

"I can feel it, coming in the air tonight, oh lord. I've been waiting for this moment, for all my life."

"So wipe off that grin, I know where you've been, it's all been a pack of lies."

Do not post enormous pictures and irrelevant youtube videos. I've added width=200 to your post to ensure the picture remains a manageable size. Users can click the image for the full size if they desire to see it.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: November 02, 2018, 04:32:56 PM »
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: November 02, 2018, 04:58:10 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46071747

U-S-A! U-S-A!

And when Iran parades out a nuke, they'll say how America made it possible.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: November 02, 2018, 06:24:08 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46071747

U-S-A! U-S-A!
And when Iran parades out a nuke, they'll say how America made it possible.

They would have easily done the same under the now defunct Iran deal, just instead they would point out how America is both stupid and naive. The largest criticism of the Iran deal was that it didn't actually do anything to prevent nuclear development and had no "teeth" so to speak. It stipulated for inspections but only if we told Iran several weeks in advance and we were only allowed to inspect certain sites. Additionally, the inspections would be conducted by the IAEA, the very same organization that continues to find no concrete evidence of nuclear weapons in Israel. Do you believe Israel has no nuclear weapons? Do you trust the IAEA to actually find them if Iran had them? These questions should significantly impact your thoughts on how intelligent the Iran deal was.

« Reply #3364 on: November 05, 2018, 02:54:47 AM »
I'd rather Facebook and Twitter and all social media crack down and ban nationalistic messages.

And there is the truth. People often admit it without intending to. Gopd luck in your totalitarian censorship campaign comrade.

I came here to post this.

"I can feel it, coming in the air tonight, oh lord. I've been waiting for this moment, for all my life."

"So wipe off that grin, I know where you've been, it's all been a pack of lies."

Do not post enormous pictures and irrelevant youtube videos. I've added width=200 to your post to ensure the picture remains a manageable size. Users can click the image for the full size if they desire to see it.

Kk no worries I'll remember.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/04/us/politics/far-right-internet-trump.html
>After Mr. Trump tweeted the “jobs, not mobs” meme, the creator of the image — a Reddit user...declined to be interviewed unless The New York Times paid him $200 an hour for his “memetic warfare consulting” services

What a madlad.

Rama Set

« Reply #3365 on: November 09, 2018, 05:11:37 PM »
Fucking people losing their minds because Sarah Sanders tweeted a video of Jim Acosta at a lower frame rate.  The absolute state of American politics.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: November 09, 2018, 05:25:13 PM »
Fucking people losing their minds because Sarah Sanders tweeted a video of Jim Acosta at a lower frame rate.  The absolute state of American politics.
Is that the video that InfoWars "adjusted"?  Or something else?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #3367 on: November 09, 2018, 05:27:49 PM »

I looked at Euronews and Washington Post's side by side comparison. In both I saw nothing except more movement blur which suggest to me that frames have been dropped, or that the tweeted version had been compressed.   The doctored narrative seems absurd.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: November 09, 2018, 07:12:36 PM »

I looked at Euronews and Washington Post's side by side comparison. In both I saw nothing except more movement blur which suggest to me that frames have been dropped, or that the tweeted version had been compressed.   The doctored narrative seems absurd.

Audio was removed and a section sped up. Tge audio, as I heard, was basically a polite 'excuse me'.  But I have not seen it.

Rama Set

« Reply #3369 on: November 09, 2018, 07:14:50 PM »

Audio was removed and a section sped up. Tge audio, as I heard, was basically a polite 'excuse me'.  But I have not seen it.

Yeah, thats right.  Yet people are behaving as if they have been caught faking the moon landing.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: November 09, 2018, 08:17:42 PM »

Yeah, thats right.  Yet people are behaving as if they have been caught faking the moon landing.
Maybe so but let's face it, faking or posting a fake anything from an official US account is pretty bad.
Also, didn't he use it as justification to ban him?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:20:41 PM by Lord Dave »

Rama Set

« Reply #3371 on: November 09, 2018, 08:24:17 PM »
It's not faked and no that event is not why his credential was revoked.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: November 09, 2018, 09:08:55 PM »
It's not faked and no that event is not why his credential was revoked.
Well doctored anyway.  Subtly but enough to show him in a negative light.

Then why was his credentials revoked?

Rama Set

« Reply #3373 on: November 09, 2018, 09:42:20 PM »
Has it been doctored?  I’ve seen experts say yes and say no. If it was doctored, for what purpose was it doctored? Perhaps it was a result of a reformat to make it tweetable. It seems unlikely that they thought it would show Jim Acosta to be a woman beater.

He had his credentials revoked for “his challenging questions” (meaning antagonistic).

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: November 09, 2018, 10:50:10 PM »
Has it been doctored?  I’ve seen experts say yes and say no. If it was doctored, for what purpose was it doctored? Perhaps it was a result of a reformat to make it tweetable. It seems unlikely that they thought it would show Jim Acosta to be a woman beater.

He had his credentials revoked for “his challenging questions” (meaning antagonistic).
As I understand:
A segment of audio (the politeness) was removed.The bit where he was pushing past was sped up to make it look like he was more aggressive.
It was from InfoWars.

Rama Set

« Reply #3375 on: November 09, 2018, 11:18:09 PM »
Has it been removed?  What file did they get the video from? I don't know. The fact that this is becoming some giant deal is ridiculous.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: November 10, 2018, 06:51:40 AM »
Has it been removed?  What file did they get the video from? I don't know. The fact that this is becoming some giant deal is ridiculous.
http://time.com/5449401/jim-acosta-cnn-trump-video/

Here is a time article about it.  Shows both the original footage and the tweet from Sanders.

It's worse than I thought .I figured it was a guy moving past a woman but nope, woman standing up next to guy and taking the mic. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:43:08 AM by Lord Dave »

Rama Set

« Reply #3377 on: November 10, 2018, 07:51:41 AM »
No link.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: November 10, 2018, 08:43:47 AM »
Sorry, thought I put it in.

Its in now

« Reply #3379 on: November 10, 2018, 09:11:13 AM »
Sorry, thought I put it in.

Its in now

Was I watching the Acosta show? What a dick. Constantly interrupting the presidents responses and would not shut up even when the president tried to move on to another person. It seemed he was given plenty of time but just thought to whine on and on

Good on Trump for calling this moron out and I don't blame him from revoking his access.

The journo should be asking questions, not debating the president