Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #5440 on: May 26, 2020, 12:03:40 PM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/05/26/100000-coronavirus-deaths-new-american-exceptionalism-donald-trump-column/5244487002/

Here's one of those articles honk said we never see from the media that summarizes many of Trump's wrongdoings since taking office.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

totallackey

« Reply #5441 on: May 26, 2020, 12:06:16 PM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/05/26/100000-coronavirus-deaths-new-american-exceptionalism-donald-trump-column/5244487002/

Here's one of those articles honk said we never see from the media that summarizes many of Trump's wrongdoings since taking office.
Why is USA Today citing CDC numbers when Dr. Birx sated she wouldn't trust a thing coming from the CDC?

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: May 26, 2020, 12:06:42 PM »
B, nobody needs to follow any recommendation from the FDA, for or against anything...the FDA is a regulatory agency and doesn't write law...neither does the CDC...

Oh, moving the goalposts, ok

At least you seem to grasp that Trump did in fact go against the guidelines. I guess it's progress.

Nobody ever said he broke the law by doing it. That would be pretty brazen given that he was being completely public about it.
Good thing you don't try to categorize Trump's actions in taking hydroxy as somehow lawless, then...right!?

Well go ahead if you can, quote me stating that the president taking this drug was "lawless".  ::)
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

totallackey

« Reply #5443 on: May 26, 2020, 12:46:37 PM »
B, nobody needs to follow any recommendation from the FDA, for or against anything...the FDA is a regulatory agency and doesn't write law...neither does the CDC...

At least you seem to grasp that Trump did in fact go against the guidelines. I guess it's progress.

Nobody ever said he broke the law by doing it. That would be pretty brazen given that he was being completely public about it.
Good thing you don't try to categorize Trump's actions in taking hydroxy as somehow lawless, then...right!?

Well go ahead if you can, quote me stating that the president taking this drug was "lawless".  ::)
Given the level of astonishment you express over the actions of Trump one gets the impression anything he does or considers doing is lawless...

Your take on Trump, whatever he does (certainly you're not alone in the minority, overall) is similar to Jackie Childs...feel free to just post this whenever discussing Trump from here on out...

Posting "you're welcome!" in advance...

Offline TrueRoundEarther

• Four numbers of the back of your credit card?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: May 26, 2020, 01:32:47 PM »
Guys we've found the Karen.
"Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature. "

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5445 on: May 26, 2020, 01:58:57 PM »

Given the level of astonishment you express over the actions of Trump one gets the impression anything he does or considers doing is lawless...

I don't know, maybe you should read what we actually say rather than make wild assumptions then.  ::)

totallackey

« Reply #5446 on: May 26, 2020, 02:03:15 PM »

I don't know, maybe you should read what we actually say rather than make wild assumptions then.  ::)
Not an assumption at all...my perception and the perception of the majority...

All of you are losers in the court of public opinion...with a capital L...

Again, it is recommended you simply use the gif I provided earlier, any time you post in this particular thread...

Quite simple...you don't even need to be in the hospital to use it!

LMMFAO!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 02:05:18 PM by totallackey »

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: May 26, 2020, 02:24:33 PM »

It can be a perception too. But the fact remains that if you take something for granted without any substantive reason to take it for granted, well, you're making an assumption.

And I'm not sure it's the perception of the majority. It might be the perception of the majority of Trump supporters... but you do realize you guys make up the minority, right?

totallackey

« Reply #5448 on: May 26, 2020, 02:45:46 PM »

It can be a perception too. But the fact remains that if you take something for granted without any substantive reason to take it for granted, well, you're making an assumption.

And I'm not sure it's the perception of the majority. It might be the perception of the majority of Trump supporters... but you do realize you guys make up the minority, right?
Yeah, I know you want and desperately need to believe your Golden Book is true...

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: May 26, 2020, 02:55:30 PM »

Again, it is recommended you simply use the gif I provided earlier, any time you post in this particular thread...

LMMFAO!

Coming from someone who A, never provides support for wild claims, and B always resorts to insults when brain is exhausted.
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

totallackey

« Reply #5450 on: May 26, 2020, 03:48:32 PM »

LMMFAO!

Coming from someone who A, never provides support for wild claims, and B always resorts to insults when brain is exhausted.
I want to make sure I have a clear understanding of your post, so let me paraphrase...I read something on the order of the following:

Dear Sir,

Allow me to factually misrepresent the facts concerning Trump taking hydroxychloroquine while under a doctor's care, without you pointing out the clear language contained in the link I provided...further, let me insult you while accusing you of doing the same.

Yours very truly,

timterroo

Did I get that right?

Offline timterroo

• View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: May 26, 2020, 04:48:34 PM »

LMMFAO!

I want to make sure I have a clear understanding of your post, so let me paraphrase...I read something on the order of the following:

Dear Sir,

Allow me to factually misrepresent the facts concerning Trump taking hydroxychloroquine while under a doctor's care, without you pointing out the clear language contained in the link I provided...further, let me insult you while accusing you of doing the same.

Yours very truly,

timterroo

Did I get that right?

Going with "B" I guess...

If you think I'm misrepresenting facts, why don't you provide evidence of that and back your claim?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 04:53:54 PM by timterroo »
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: May 27, 2020, 04:28:08 AM »
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/05/25/861913688/who-halts-hydroxychloroquine-trial-over-safety-concerns

Trump is probably super pissed at this.

Plus side, if he gets sick, he has a higher chance of dying since he's taking the drug.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: May 27, 2020, 08:15:38 AM »
https://www.alternet.org/2020/05/he-aint-bright-trump-brutally-mocked-for-nonsensically-insisting-there-are-many-per-capitas/

What is he talking about? What is he even trying to say?  ???
Didn't even need to scroll down to know the next post would be from Tom defending the indefensible nonsense.
I don't understand the perception from some that he's this astute businessman. He inherited wealth and many of his businesses have failed miserably.
In other news, this amused me:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52815552

No, Donald, they're not stifling free speech. Your Tweet wasn't removed. It's just that Twitter thought to warn people that you were probably talking bullshit.
As someone who rails against "fake news" that's a good thing, isn't it?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

totallackey

« Reply #5454 on: May 27, 2020, 10:02:36 AM »

LMMFAO!

Dear Sir,

Yours very truly,

timterroo

Did I get that right?

If you think I'm misrepresenting facts, why don't you provide evidence of that and back your claim?
Start with reading the material in the link you provided.

I think that is pretty strong evidence.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: May 27, 2020, 10:08:16 AM »
Trump not understanding the first amendment?  Shocking....

/Sarcasm
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline timterroo

• View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: May 27, 2020, 01:04:35 PM »

LMMFAO!

Dear Sir,

Yours very truly,

timterroo

Did I get that right?

Start with reading the material in the link you provided.

I think that is pretty strong evidence.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

More claims without substantiation.

Please stop posting.
"noche te ipsum"

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: May 27, 2020, 01:35:36 PM »
It occurred to me that this whole business about states having the right to open as they see fit vs Trump trying to force the issue is perhaps the clearest expression of how much Republicans have sold out their basic principles in favor of supporting Trump.

Silence or support from most Republicans about it... and the Republicans are supposed to be the party of limited federal power and expanded state rights.

It's a stark reminder of the fact that the Republican Party doesn't stand for the same things that they did before Trump took office. It doesn't really seem to stand for much anymore other than keeping Donald Trump happy.

It's sad to witness the degradation of an entire political party like that.

Offline timterroo

• View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: May 27, 2020, 02:34:57 PM »
It occurred to me that this whole business about states having the right to open as they see fit vs Trump trying to force the issue is perhaps the clearest expression of how much Republicans have sold out their basic principles in favor of supporting Trump.

Silence or support from most Republicans about it... and the Republicans are supposed to be the party of limited federal power and expanded state rights.

It's a stark reminder of the fact that the Republican Party doesn't stand for the same things that they did before Trump took office. It doesn't really seem to stand for much anymore other than keeping Donald Trump happy.

It's sad to witness the degradation of an entire political party like that.

It doesn't seem like it would take much (at this point) to push the US into another civil war. The US is already divided by at least 40/60, probably closer to 50/50, and with Trump provoking his base the way he does - creating discourse in virtually every arena of politics, civility, and economics; the further lack of trust the American's have in its leaders, and growing fears of the unknown. Mix all of this with a pandemic (and our governments inability to lead through it), and we are creating a perfect storm.

If Trump is reelected, I don't see any of this getting any better.

"noche te ipsum"

totallackey

« Reply #5459 on: May 27, 2020, 02:35:34 PM »
More claims without substantiation.
I ask him to read the material he submitted and it amounts to, according to him, no evidence and no substance.

Thanks for admitting your link was bogus.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 02:37:46 PM by totallackey »