Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #10320 on: April 21, 2023, 11:16:39 AM »
I don't know what the exact terms of this arbitration panel were or how binding their decision is supposed to be, but assuming that Lindell appeals and this whole thing ends up in court, I really doubt that he'll end up having to pay. There's always an escape hatch in these "Prove that evolution/income tax/flat earth is real and I'll pay you money!" gimmicks. For example, it often turns out to be the case that the claim must be proved to their own satisfaction, and all they have to do is insist that they aren't satisfied to avoid having to pay.

In normal corporate marketing, this is totally true. It's part of the scam to build in a loophole from the beginning.
But, given that Pillow Guy is a complete imbecile that keeps kicking himself in the nuts, his incompetency may extend to the infrastructure of his 'challenge'. Maybe he fucked up the paperwork so bad that the contestant will get the money, late fees, interest and court costs. It may come down to which lawyer has the biggest dick. It would be a bonus if ML spent a million in legal fees on a five million dollar judgement that he ends up having to pay anyway.

A long drawn out court case would give this idiot many opportunities for him to make a fool of himself and further embarrass the Trump/Putin ideology.
Go Pillow Guy!
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10321 on: April 24, 2023, 03:55:19 PM »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #10322 on: April 24, 2023, 04:23:11 PM »
And down goes Carlson.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/24/tucker-carlson-leaves-fox-news-in-wake-of-dominion-defamation-settlement.html

Wow, Fox must really be feeling some heat if they got rid of the top-rated cable "news" host on TV.

Hopefully this is only the beginning. And Fox still has Smartmatic's suit to deal with.

Unfortunately Fox's credibility problem runs much deeper than Tucker Carlson. And I can't see firing him in the wake of the wide-ranging public humiliation they just suffered really helping them. In fact after putting so much stock in Carlson it could hurt them further.

Is it wishful thinking to say that this really could be the beginning of the end of Fox's reign of influence?

Probably.  :(
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #10323 on: April 24, 2023, 06:05:19 PM »
Tucker Carlson is a lying, traitorous piece of crap and him getting fired is awesome.

Did I say 'awesome'? I meant totally, fucking awesome!

But we all know that this one human turd was not the problem. The problem is shitheads who hired him, the idiots that believed him and the agenda that Putin sold them.

But don't worry about Tucker, he's got great career opportunities waiting in Russia. They love his content on Russia's state media channel RT.

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #10324 on: April 25, 2023, 01:37:16 AM »
The Lincoln Project bids a fond farewell to Tucker:
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #10325 on: April 27, 2023, 03:09:55 AM »
https://www.businessinsider.com/desantis-disney-trump-2024-gop-primary-analysis-polling-endorsements-2023-4

Remember how after the midterms, a number of important conservative moneymen and media outlets were making a big deal about distancing themselves from Trump and embracing DeSantis instead? What an absolute joke. Republicans are the party of Trump whether they like it or not. He'll be their nominee for every presidential election until he dies, and even after his death, Republicans will strive to appear loyal to his legacy for many years to come.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10326 on: April 27, 2023, 01:19:23 PM »
You cannot stump the Trump. He is unstumpable. You WILL vote for his nomination. You WILL vote for him in the general election. You WILL enjoy 4 more years of Biden stumbling through press questions given to him on a sheet of paper before meeting the press.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #10327 on: April 27, 2023, 05:10:05 PM »
It's true, Trump has a stranglehold on the entire party. He's gonna get the nomination, and he's gonna lose the general election. Then he's gonna claim it was stolen. Rinse, repeat.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #10328 on: April 28, 2023, 03:54:55 PM »
Given Tucker Carlson's vast contributions to humanity, the mods may consider him worthy of his own thread. It could be symbolic of him stepping out from  the shadow of Fox Broadcasting and Donald Trump to pursue his own path as the maniacal leader of a fringe, extremist group.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-keeps-secret-file-tucker-carlson-lashes-out-report-2023-4

This is quite amusing.

Working for the Kremlin as a TV Presenter is great. It pays well, there's lots of chicks, your enemies fear you and you get to say nasty shit about who ever you want. You have millions of mainstream zombies believing whatever you say. All you do is read and say what the government tells you to and everything is pretty sweet.

But, they will own you for the rest of your life.
In Russian, they call it 'Kompromat' компромат

пока Фелисия

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #10329 on: May 02, 2023, 07:33:49 PM »
Does anybody else who's not a diehard MAGAhead feel like this E Jean Carroll defamation case is a big distracting ball of nothing? She has no proof, no evidence that she was actually raped. She can't even pinpoint what season it happened in, much less the year. And the crux of the case is essentially that his denial that he raped her amounts to defamation, an absolutely ludicrous claim.

Honestly I'm all for trolling Donald Trump, and given his penchant for filing frivolous lawsuits maybe he deserves having it happen to him. But can we all agree that at the end of the day that's all this really is? I mean, am I missing something?

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #10330 on: May 02, 2023, 08:36:58 PM »
Does anybody else who's not a diehard MAGAhead feel like this E Jean Carroll defamation case is a big distracting ball of nothing? She has no proof, no evidence that she was actually raped. She can't even pinpoint what season it happened in, much less the year. And the crux of the case is essentially that his denial that he raped her amounts to defamation, an absolutely ludicrous claim.

Honestly I'm all for trolling Donald Trump, and given his penchant for filing frivolous lawsuits maybe he deserves having it happen to him. But can we all agree that at the end of the day that's all this really is? I mean, am I missing something?

You actually presented a much more compelling case than Trump's idiot lawyer did.
https://www.salon.com/2023/05/02/ex-prosecutor-lawyer-violated-most-of-the-rules-of-good-cross-examination/

Most observers are saying Trump is on the losing end.

This is basically a he said/she said.   She said her 'said' eloquently and clearly with witnesses to tell the same story. His 'said' was lacking clear memory with conflicting accounts and a dozen other women telling the same story as the victim.  *roll video montage of Trump being a pig when it comes to women*
But the twist is that this isn't a rape trial. She has a right to file a charge of rape and he has the right to defend himself. But he can't be openly trashing her in the press and goading his mongoloid mobs to threaten her.

I applaud your argument. It is important we all question our beliefs. I will now return to my relentless trolling of Trump, Republicans and conservatives in general.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #10331 on: May 04, 2023, 04:59:53 PM »

You actually presented a much more compelling case than Trump's idiot lawyer did.
https://www.salon.com/2023/05/02/ex-prosecutor-lawyer-violated-most-of-the-rules-of-good-cross-examination/

Most observers are saying Trump is on the losing end.

This is basically a he said/she said.   She said her 'said' eloquently and clearly with witnesses to tell the same story. His 'said' was lacking clear memory with conflicting accounts and a dozen other women telling the same story as the victim.  *roll video montage of Trump being a pig when it comes to women*
But the twist is that this isn't a rape trial. She has a right to file a charge of rape and he has the right to defend himself. But he can't be openly trashing her in the press and goading his mongoloid mobs to threaten her.

I applaud your argument. It is important we all question our beliefs. I will now return to my relentless trolling of Trump, Republicans and conservatives in general.

I'll be surprised if Trump loses this case. Like you say, it's he said/she said, as far as the rape, but the trial isn't even really about the rape, it's about whether Trump defamed her by saying she was lying about it (I'm sure you can appreciate that Trump "goading his mongoloid mob to threaten her" is an entirely separate issue, and not one I've seen supported by the evidence anyway). Given the complete lack of real evidence regarding the rape I don't see the accusation of defamation holding up.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 08:10:47 PM by Roundy »

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #10332 on: May 06, 2023, 05:05:22 AM »
Well that deposition might change things lol. I don't know what his chances of losing were before but I think they at least went up after that shit show.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10333 on: May 06, 2023, 11:01:46 AM »
Well that deposition might change things lol. I don't know what his chances of losing were before but I think they at least went up after that shit show.

What depisition?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #10334 on: May 06, 2023, 03:01:16 PM »
I think this is the whole version:

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10335 on: May 06, 2023, 06:04:41 PM »
Are we really supposed to believe someone who was raped in a department store wouldn't immediately report it?

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-it-didnt-happen-trump-deposition-in-e-jean-carroll-civil-rape-case-released

"It didn't happen," Trump said, "and by the way, if it did happen, it would have been reported within minutes. Talking about going to a major floor, probably I assumed the most important floor, a major floor in a major department store. That's a very busy store, by the way, checkout counters and everything else. And I would be in there– I mean, it's the most ridiculous. It's the most ridiculous disgusting story is just made up."
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 06:13:02 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #10336 on: May 06, 2023, 06:15:36 PM »
Honestly I'm not sure I do believe it. That's why I have my doubts about her chances.

But he definitely comes off really rapey there.

Apologies for not posting a link.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10337 on: May 06, 2023, 06:19:26 PM »
According to this MSNBC legal analyst who was covering it, despite her department store rape Carroll said she continued to shop at that store, was a massive Apprentice fan afterwards, and says that she wasn't sure if she would have sued Trump if he had said it was consensual.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 06:31:56 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #10338 on: May 06, 2023, 07:05:25 PM »
Are we really supposed to believe someone who was raped in a department store wouldn't immediately report it?

There are lots of reasons why many women don't immediately report rape or other sexual harassment or abuse, especially when committed by powerful people.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/speaking-in-tongues/202112/why-women-dont-immediately-report-sexual-assault
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10339 on: May 06, 2023, 07:32:31 PM »
There are lots of reasons why many women don't immediately report rape or other sexual harassment or abuse, especially when committed by powerful people.

Yes, and one of those reasons is that they are lying headcases who admit in court that they love the tv shows that the powerful people who rape them go on to star in.