Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #840 on: March 03, 2017, 01:00:45 PM »
Sessions has recused himself from the investigation into Russian involvement, which is the bare minimum in terms of an appropriate response, but I suppose it's a start. I love the quote from Trump, too. He's still sticking to his obviously contradictory story about how these allegations are simultaneously serious leaks from intelligence agencies and fabricated news from the media. The lie is so easy to spot that it could be in an Encyclopedia Brown mystery. How did Encyclopedia know that Trump was lying?
Eh, Tump can change his support any day.  Remember the last guy who got fired becaus of this Russia stuff?  Tump had 100% confidence in him then fired him the next day.

Also, Trump lies so much, you'd think Hillary was elected.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 04, 2017, 06:02:48 PM »
Sssooo...

March 4 Trump

An hour after it started had almost no one there.  Maybe 100 people, tops?  And none of DC's cams in the National Mall could see them.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 06:35:08 PM by Lord Dave »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 05, 2017, 07:26:55 AM »
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/04/518478158/president-trump-accuses-obama-of-wire-tapping-provides-no-evidence

Well that's a bombshell.

It might be true but that would mean either a) there's a warrent that makes it a good idea or b) Obama did NOT do it legally.

I'm guessing a since Trump hasn't released any evidence.  If it was b, he'd have the entire document online in an hour.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 05, 2017, 08:40:50 AM »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 05, 2017, 10:42:28 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/05/politics/white-house-spicer-congress-2016/

Guys, guys, instead of investigating Trump, let's investigate Obama! Because that's what this whole thing is really about, right? Not Trump, but Obama!

« Reply #846 on: March 06, 2017, 01:39:45 AM »
It should be clear by now that Trump is not going to stop campaigning. He has no real policy, he can only be against other people or institutions, whether that's Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton or the Press.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 06, 2017, 05:30:41 AM »
It should be clear by now that Trump is not going to stop campaigning. He has no real policy, he can only be against other people or institutions, whether that's Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton or the Press.

Not to his supporters.  To them its all lies and he's doing a great job.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 06, 2017, 11:16:12 AM »
He has no real policy
He's been enacting his policy just fine (except for the parts that turned out to be illegal lol). In fact, until recently his opponents have been complaining that he's moving too quickly - how have you forgotten this already?

Whatever the reason, his campaign-style showmanship has little to do with his policies or lack thereof.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 11:17:55 AM by SexWarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Rama Set

« Reply #849 on: March 06, 2017, 01:41:39 PM »
Whatever the reason, his campaign-style showmanship has little to do with his policies or lack thereof.

Yeah, it probably has to do with his dad not loving him enough or some shit.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 06, 2017, 01:44:15 PM »
Yeah, it probably has to do with his dad not loving him enough or some shit.
Or his jealousy of Obama.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 06, 2017, 03:05:05 PM »
Obama should really sue his ass for libel and defamation of character.  This is ridiculous.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 06, 2017, 03:09:34 PM »
Obama should really sue his ass for libel and defamation of character.  This is ridiculous.

He should.  This is what Trump calls Fake News and is also what Trump wants to be able to sue news media for.

« Reply #853 on: March 06, 2017, 04:04:40 PM »

Are you kidding me? If that was the standard for libel and defamation then Trump could likely sue the entire mainstream media establishment. It has been an attack on his character since the day he decided to run.

Obama authorized the FISA tap. You'll find out soon enough.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 06, 2017, 04:14:16 PM »

Are you kidding me? If that was the standard for libel and defamation then Trump could likely sue the entire mainstream media establishment. It has been an attack on his character since the day he decided to run.
He could (and has) but it takes years to go through the courts and requires a lot of information to become very public very quickly.  Most people don't want that.

If he did, he should be punished.
But given that Trump hasn't shown us the evidence he very easily should have access too, I'm guessing there isn't any.  I mean, why would Trump not show the evidence he has if he has it?  He has the potential to shut up every single Obama lover in the nation AND obliterate the Democratic party from existence.

Also, even Kelly Ann Conway said she only knows what she read in a news report (Mainstream media lol)

« Reply #855 on: March 06, 2017, 04:34:31 PM »
But given that Trump hasn't shown us the evidence he very easily should have access too, I'm guessing there isn't any.  I mean, why would Trump not show the evidence he has if he has it?  He has the potential to shut up every single Obama lover in the nation AND obliterate the Democratic party from existence.

Well, that would be a very amateur move. You got to remember this guy is playing a different game then his opponents. He's pretty much allowing them to destroy themselves and their own credibility... supposedly we will get an investigation for this and I'm pretty sure the backroom deals are in full swing trying to figure out who to scapegoat and who to protect.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 06, 2017, 04:55:36 PM »

Well, that would be a very amateur move. You got to remember this guy is playing a different game then his opponents. He's pretty much allowing them to destroy themselves and their own credibility... supposedly we will get an investigation for this and I'm pretty sure the backroom deals are in full swing trying to figure out who to scapegoat and who to protect.

O.o

So... he's going to rant online about it and isn't presenting evidence so that the opponents can destroy themselves by making scapegoats to blame once an investigation concludes?

That's stupid.  Which makes me think you're just trying to justify his actions.
If he has evidence, he'd release it.  He would not wait for the Democrats to destroy themselves or their credibility since he's destroying his by presenting no evidence.

Like if I were to say "TheTruthIsOnHere is a horse fucker and has fucked my horse." then you'd be pretty pissed, right?
But you getting mad at my refusal to present evidence wouldn't hurt your credibility, it would hurt mine for making the claim then not backing it up.

And we call in an investigation. 
While that goes on, everyone asks "Where's the proof?" and eventually just assumes I was lying. 

Trump is crying wolf and seeing who flocks to his defense.  Or he HAS evidence and reacted in his typical knee jerk way then when his advisors saw the evidence went "Oh shit, we can't release this!" and backed away really fast, hoping it'll be forgotten.  That's why the president won't comment on it further.  The first thing in his presidency he won't comment on after the initial rant.

On another note:
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/06/516408650/trump-signs-new-order-blocking-arrivals-from-6-majority-muslim-countries

THIS is how you do a proper ban to review policies.
Well done trump lawyers.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 04:57:49 PM by Lord Dave »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 06, 2017, 06:31:13 PM »

The President doesn't have the power to authorize wiretaps under FISA, or any other law. You'd be better off arguing that it was a completely illicit wiretap, like with Nixon.

No matter how you try to dress it up, shitposting on Twitter is never going to actually be a brilliant strategy from the advanced mind of a political genius.

« Reply #858 on: March 06, 2017, 06:44:31 PM »
Shitposting is the only thing that brought the issue to the limelight. They were so happy to jump on the "no evidence" bandwagon, (unless of course it pertains to their own vandettas) that they set themselves for a massive shit sandwich if it does come to light that the outgoing administration abused their position to monitor their political opponents. Something Obama even did to our allies like Merkel, so it doesn't seem like a stretch to anyone with a reasonable mind.

« Reply #859 on: March 06, 2017, 07:39:44 PM »
Shitposting is the only thing that brought the issue to the limelight.

What are you talking about? This was reported in the New York Times last year.

They were so happy to jump on the "no evidence" bandwagon,

I would think everyone would be happy to jump on the "no evidence" bandwagon given that there is no evidence. What is the other option? To blindly trust the God Emperor when he rants on Twitter about political opponents? No thanks.