Re: Trump
« Reply #940 on: March 14, 2017, 04:14:11 PM »
but, this is, to my understanding, just a list of capabilities and tools.
And, among other things, a detailed description of social engineering in attempt to influence the political discourse of the USA - something that we were previously told Big Bad Russia did to get Literally Hitler elected.

link?  i haven't seen anything like that, but my coverage has been less than comprehensive.

it's also worth pointing out, since i didn't in my previous post, that i don't hate anyone for voting for trump or for liking trump.  i mean, i don't get it.  at all.  but, my animosity is directed squarely at trump himself.  and maybe a side serving for bannon.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 04:30:39 PM by garygreen »
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 14, 2017, 04:56:33 PM »
link?  i haven't seen anything like that, but my coverage has been less than comprehensive.
My bad, I misread the situation quite badly. They do present that the CIA has interfered with another country's (France's) 2012 election, and that they have "meme engineers" trying to influence public opinion, which have been described in detail, but not directly linked to this election. So yeah, I should back off from that claim.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #942 on: March 14, 2017, 05:18:52 PM »
tbh fuck whatever we were just talking about: this conversation is now about meme engineers and where i need to go to apply to be one.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

« Reply #943 on: March 14, 2017, 06:23:34 PM »
that they have "meme engineers" trying to influence public opinion

I assume the quality of CIA memes are even danker than usual.

EDIT:

The proposed Meme Warfare Center (MWC). The MWC as a staff organization has the primary mission to advise the Commander on meme generation, transmission, coupled with a detailed analysis on enemy, friendly and noncombatant populations.

Hooooly shit this is great.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 06:25:07 PM by trekky0623 »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 14, 2017, 06:34:05 PM »
It really shows you the level of supidity when memes are a useful way to socially engineer a population.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: March 14, 2017, 10:42:45 PM »

Meme warfare! Your country needs you!
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 15, 2017, 08:25:04 AM »
Some asshole dropped off Trump's 2005 tax return.
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/14/520205373/trump-paid-about-38-million-in-federal-taxes-in-2005-leaked-returns-say

Why would anyone do this?  It serves no purpose.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 15, 2017, 10:09:32 AM »
I assume the quality of CIA memes are even danker than usual.
Not as dank as their trojans

It might convince some people that there's nothing interesting to be found in Trump's tax returns and perhaps reduce the outcry a bit. I dunno.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 10:12:53 AM by SexWarrior »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 15, 2017, 10:21:59 AM »
It might convince some people that there's nothing interesting to be found in Trump's tax returns and perhaps reduce the outcry a bit. I dunno.
You think Trump might have submitted his own tax form anonymously just to make people think it was a huge tip when its was really nothing and hope they get up in arms about it?  Sort of like troll baiting?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 15, 2017, 10:41:41 AM »
You think Trump might have submitted his own tax form anonymously just to make people think it was a huge tip when its was really nothing and hope they get up in arms about it?  Sort of like troll baiting?
I wouldn't rule it out. It was a client copy, after all.

I suspect that at least some people who are currently demanding the tax returns will give it up, even though this particular document really doesn't advance the discussion in any meaningful way. To me, it looks like there's no way the leak could hurt Trump, and there's at least a small chance that it will help him out. So, to me, it's reasonable to think that he leaked it himself.

« Reply #950 on: March 15, 2017, 11:38:31 AM »
MSNBC tripped over themselves hyping this up the way it did when it revealed nothing. A 1040 with no schedules from over a decade ago? You shitting me?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 15, 2017, 03:48:40 PM »
Oh look at what the AP is reporting..

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/581d6394e0684b5d89c01ba66f074f03/senator-wants-answers-fbi-wiretapping-russia-probe

The original article
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/investigation/roger-stone-and-guccifer-913684

Sssoo... he's basically confirmed that he spoke to a hacker.  At length, via twitter and e-mail.  Let's ignore if the hacker works for russia or not, the fact that he was in contact with him pretty much makes you wonder why.  I mean, what else were they discussing? 

« Reply #952 on: March 15, 2017, 06:45:26 PM »
MSNBC tripped over themselves hyping this up the way it did when it revealed nothing. A 1040 with no schedules from over a decade ago? You shitting me?

Such a tease :(

« Reply #953 on: March 15, 2017, 08:40:23 PM »
I wonder how many of those jobs were from Obama's policies prior...

Which policy in particular?

« Reply #954 on: March 15, 2017, 08:43:59 PM »
CIA Plan:
-Hack Hilary Clinton's Emails
-Release them under the pretence that it was the Russians wot did it.
-Help Donald Trump get elected
-Try to link Trump with the hack

I'm not sure what the CIA's plan was supposed to be here...

No no no... the point was ANYBODY could have done it because the CIA lost control of their cache of weapons and tactics that they should have never had in the first place. Incompetence mixed with a lack of accountability surely can't be a recipe for success.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 15, 2017, 09:01:42 PM »
CIA Plan:

No no no... the point was ANYBODY could have done it because the CIA lost control of their cache of weapons and tactics that they should have never had in the first place. Incompetence mixed with a lack of accountability surely can't be a recipe for success.

You do know that someone claimed to have done this, right?
guccifer 2.0

Oh but you didn't hear that in the mainstream media so you probably didn't know that.

https://guccifer2.wordpress.com/2016/06/21/hillary-clinton/

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36913000

So yes, anyone could have faked IP addresses and bounced around proxy servers.  But that doesn't matter when the hacker actually admits to it.

« Reply #956 on: March 15, 2017, 09:14:29 PM »
CIA Plan:

guccifer 2.0

Oh but you didn't hear that in the mainstream media so you probably didn't know that.

So yes, anyone could have faked IP addresses and bounced around proxy servers.  But that doesn't matter when the hacker actually admits to it.

I doesn't matter unless someone can prove the hacker did it. Or who the hacker is. Which they can't. They can only speculate that the "guy" was a Russian operative without any direct evidence or proof because that's the only way to keep the narrative alive and attention away from the CIA watching you through your Smart TV.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 15, 2017, 09:27:39 PM »
CIA Plan:

guccifer 2.0

I doesn't matter unless someone can prove the hacker did it. Or who the hacker is. Which they can't. They can only speculate that the "guy" was a Russian operative without any direct evidence or proof because that's the only way to keep the narrative alive and attention away from the CIA watching you through your Smart TV.

Wait
wait
wait

A confession, plus documents on his blog that weren't released yet, plus a senior trump advisor talking to the guy via twitter and e-mail(who then accurately tweeted several e-mail releases by wikileaks) isn't enough proof?

Also, I didn't think I NEEDED to point this out but apparently I do...
*ahem*
THERE ARE OTHER METHODS TO DETERMINE WHO HACKED SOMETHING!

The CIA's tools don't matter!
Hackers can hide their location without them!  And have for years!
You can determine who someone is and who hacked you with methods that do not require you to trace an IP.

My god, you just keep clinging to your narrative like it's the only truth you've ever known.  Moving goal posts anytime you can't explain something. You sound like a detective who decides that a crime is unsolvable because there's no witnesses.

« Reply #958 on: March 15, 2017, 09:49:44 PM »
What exactly is my narrative again?

Is it as far fetched as a Kremlin plot to take over US politics?

« Reply #959 on: March 15, 2017, 10:02:00 PM »
What exactly is my narrative again?

Is it as far fetched as a Kremlin plot to take over US politics?

New rule: flat earthers aren't allowed to call anything "far fetched". The reflexive facepalms are liable to give someone a concussion.