Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Tamir Rice
« on: November 26, 2014, 10:15:31 PM »
Not to take all the fun away from Ferguson, but did anyone see this? The video was released showing police in Cleveland shooting a 12 year old kid. I read about it a few days ago. He had an airsoft pistol that looked real, which could have justified the shooting. The video looks pretty bad though. The police roll up and shoot within seconds. It is compressed, grainy, and at a distance, but I imagine people are going to be looking for blood over this one.

Ghost of V

Re: Tamir Rice
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 10:19:49 PM »
Apparently it was a rookie cop.

Someone is not going to be a rookie for long.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 11:04:09 PM »
The video clearly contradicts the police's claim that the kid was given three warnings before he was shot.  I'm not necessarily saying it wasn't a justified shooting, but lying about what happened doesn't reflect well on them.

Ghost of V

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 11:23:55 PM »
The video clearly contradicts the police's claim that the kid was given three warnings before he was shot.  I'm not necessarily saying it wasn't a justified shooting, but lying about what happened doesn't reflect well on them.

When is capping a 12 year old ever justified?

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 11:31:19 PM »

If the twelve year old poses a lethal threat, it is justified.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Ghost of V

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 11:33:26 PM »

Are you trying to say that a 12 year old with a gun is a lethal threat?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 11:36:23 PM »

Are 12 year olds magically incapable of firing a gun? Don't give me any garbage about aim, either. I've seen 9 yr olds at trap & skeet clubs shoot clay pigeons out of the sky at 100% accuracy using a 12 gauge.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 11:41:12 PM »

It depends on the situation, obviously. It certainly isn't impossible. In fact, there are parts of the world where that is a regular occurence.

Ghost of V

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 11:47:20 PM »
In fact, there are parts of the world where that is a regular occurence.

Cleveland is not one of those places. Regardless of whether or not a 12 year old with a gun is a lethal threat to a cop, this particular cop shot the kid within moments of leaving his vehicle. This shooting was not justified. The person who called in the threat even said the gun was "probably a fake". The cop did not assess the situation correctly and acted without thinking. I think that much is obvious just by watching the video.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 11:49:35 PM »
Yes, I agree that this shooting was unjustified. I was responding to the question "when is capping a 12 year old ever justified?"

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 11:50:47 PM »
Based on the shit quality video, these cops are fucking idiots.

If they thought that the subject of the 911 call posed a serious threat, why did they pull up onto the grass, ten feet from where the kid was, and immediately get out of the vehicle on the side that the kid was on? Why didn't they get out of the vehicle at a distance and use the car as cover while giving warnings to the kid with their weapons drawn?

Even if they thought the gun was real, this was an absolutely avoidable killing.
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Ghost of V

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 11:52:51 PM »
Yes, I agree that this shooting was unjustified. I was responding to the question "when is capping a 12 year old ever justified?"

I agree that there are certain instances when a 12 year old could pose a lethal threat, but I also think someone that young should be given the benefit of the doubt unless they're a crazed preteen jihadist.

I've seen 9 yr olds at trap & skeet clubs shoot clay pigeons out of the sky at 100% accuracy using a 12 gauge.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 11:55:43 PM »
I agree that there are certain instances when a 12 year old could pose a lethal threat, but I also think someone that young should be given the benefit of the doubt unless they're a crazed preteen jihadist.

What method do you use to determine whether or not somebody is a crazed preteen jihadist?

Ghost of V

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 11:56:05 PM »

What method do you use to determine whether or not somebody is a crazed preteen jihadist?

Turban

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2014, 01:09:36 AM »

Turban
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2014, 01:16:55 AM »
Yes, thank you PP. Muslims wear taqiyah not turbans.

Someone link the video pls.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2014, 01:20:07 AM »
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/video-shows-cleveland-cop-shoot-12-year-old-tamir-rice-n256656

Personally, I can't really see what's going on. It does look like he got shot basically the moment the cops arrived, which is strange to say the least.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 01:33:58 AM »
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/video-shows-cleveland-cop-shoot-12-year-old-tamir-rice-n256656

Personally, I can't really see what's going on. It does look like he got shot basically the moment the cops arrived, which is strange to say the least.

I watched it but I'm... confused.  It looks like they kept the kid covered by their guns even after they shot him.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 01:37:12 AM »

I watched it but I'm... confused.  It looks like they kept the kid covered by their guns even after they shot him.

What did you expect? For them to speed off after shooting?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2014, 02:09:58 AM »

What did you expect? For them to speed off after shooting?
For them to not point guns at a dead kid with a BB gun.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.