Offline Action80

• View Profile
Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Reply #740 on: September 14, 2021, 05:53:55 PM »

No, you're trying to make other people afraid. Obviously you're not afraid, you're railing against something your previously stated personal philosophy suggests you're actually indifferent to. That kind of makes your fearmongering worse.
IF you somehow believe I am indifferent to governmental interference regarding private medical decisions, then your beliefs are as unfounded as your intellect.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Rama Set

« Reply #741 on: September 14, 2021, 05:54:14 PM »
Even if the severe side effects for the vaccine are rare, some people have low immunity and bad health, fall into that risk area, and are being forced to endanger their health with an experimental vaccine.

The Pfizer Vaccine has been approved and has substantial data regarding it's safety and efficacy.  Experimental is a word you are using to politicize this.  Obviously no one wants anyone to suffer ill from taking the vaccine, but it's crucial to remember that every danger you can express about the vaccine is much more threatening if you contract the virus by orders of magnitude.

Rama Set

« Reply #742 on: September 14, 2021, 05:55:15 PM »
Why is Total Lackey implying the Pfizer vaccine hasn't been approved?  Is this some Qanon talking point?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 14, 2021, 06:33:40 PM »
Why is Total Lackey implying the Pfizer vaccine hasn't been approved?  Is this some Qanon talking point?

Because the Pfizer vaccine available to the US has not been approved. See this letter from the US Senate: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/21054683-sen-johnson-letter-to-fdas-woodcock
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 06:35:47 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 14, 2021, 06:50:02 PM »
long unnecessary quote block
Please, for the sake of anyone who might actually agree with you someday, learn to use the quote function

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 14, 2021, 06:52:45 PM »
long unnecessary quote block
Please, for the sake of anyone who might actually agree with you someday, learn to use the quote function
Please, stay on topic and have a nice day.

The FDA has not approved any version of the Covid vaccine.

Rama Set

« Reply #746 on: September 14, 2021, 07:15:48 PM »
Wow, it really feels like the Tom and Lackey are grasping at straws here. Comirnaty is the COVID vaccine that has been approved and is manufactured by Pfizer-Biontech. It’s indicated for vaccination against COVID-19. This is some serious mental gymnastics.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 14, 2021, 07:52:27 PM »
Wow, it really feels like the Tom and Lackey are grasping at straws here. Comirnaty is the COVID vaccine that has been approved and is manufactured by Pfizer-Biontech. It’s indicated for vaccination against COVID-19. This is some serious mental gymnastics.

They approved a vaccine not available in the US. From the Senate letter:

This person claims to have surveyed clinics in Brookings, South Dakota. It wasn't availiable:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:CxJ6WRsg00YJ:https://m.facebook.com/BrookingsRegister/posts/3903900656330827+&cd=20&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 07:55:53 PM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #748 on: September 14, 2021, 08:03:11 PM »

They approved a vaccine not available in the US. From the Senate letter:

This person claims to have surveyed clinics in Brookings, South Dakota. It wasn't availiable:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:CxJ6WRsg00YJ:https://m.facebook.com/BrookingsRegister/posts/3903900656330827+&cd=20&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

It says “not generally available” implying it’s available in some form. But hey if it’s not available in Brookings, South Dakota that MUST mean it hasn’t be approved. You know, approval and availability are totally the same thing. Like I said, some serious mental gymnastics going on.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 14, 2021, 08:03:26 PM »
From a newspaper:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/newly-approved-covid-19-vaccine-not-yet-available-in-us_3976794.html

You know, approval and availability are totally the same thing.

Obviously people can't take a mandated FDA-approved vaccine that's not available. Pfizer may be doing this purposely to avoid liability because it enjoys certain indemnity under the Emergency Use version.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 08:13:56 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #750 on: September 14, 2021, 08:16:47 PM »
If you're gonna be a dumbass about something that could save your life you deserve to die. I know it's crude to put it that way but it's that simple. Idiots who refuse to get the vaccine are clogging up hospital beds. Give those beds to the responsible people who did what they could to prevent getting the virus.
You are going down a pretty dangerous rabbit hole there. People do dumb stuff all the time (like smoke, drink to excess, get very fat) which increase the likelihood of them clogging up hospital beds.
Are you suggesting we should reserve the beds for the tee total, non smoking vegans?

I have some sympathy for the vaccine hesitant (while also sharing some of your frustration with them). Especially in an era where people who have fallen down certain conspiracy theory rabbit holes are bombarded by nonsense which validates their view that the vaccine is dangerous / experimental / ineffective.

A factor here is surely how many beds they are clogging up. In the UK the numbers are relatively low right now.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 14, 2021, 08:26:55 PM »
Obviously people can't take a mandated FDA-approved vaccine that's not available. Pfizer may be doing this purposely to avoid liability because it enjoys certain indemnity under the Emergency Use version.

What exactly is the issue here? There is supply already out there being used to vaccinate folks. Why would they be sending out re-labeled same formulation vaccines when the stuff is already out there. And isn't there some crazy cooling environment that needs to be maintained for the Pfizer vax? It seems like you can't just ship tons of it with such a tenuous shelf-life and just have it hanging around when you have vials and vials of the same stuff already. Other countries may not have the vax surplus we may have, so maybe some will start getting the new labeled stuff sooner. Don't know.

Even your lazy mis-information dumpster fire that is Epoch Times states that the newly labeled stuff might be out in US markets in October, yah know, just a couple to a few weeks away. I don't think that plays into the "let's keep the EUA so we can't get sued" narrative. I mean what's the difference between now and few weeks from now?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 14, 2021, 08:34:17 PM »
Quote from: stash
What exactly is the issue here? There is supply already out there being used to vaccinate folks. Why would they be sending out re-labeled same formulation vaccines when the stuff is already out there.

Wrong. It's not the same formula. Maybe do some research before repeating falsities.

From the FDA - https://web.archive.org/web/20210913042547/https://www.fda.gov/media/151733/download

see page 14: 4. NonclinicalPharmacology/Toxicology

"COMIRNATY and BNT162b2 (V8) have identical amino acid sequences of the encoded antigens but COMIRNATY includes the presence of optimized codons to improve antigen expression."

The BNT162b2 vaccine referenced is the FDA EUA version:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/Pfizer-BioNTech.html

General Information
Name: BNT162b2

Manufacturer: Pfizer, Inc., and BioNTech

Type of Vaccine: mRNA

Number of Shots: 2 shots, 21 days apart
Some immunocompromised people should get 3 shots

Comirnaty is also touted as "legally distinct", which may have legal ramification in the case of adverse events.

I mean what's the difference between now and few weeks from now?

It being not available simply means that it's not available. In a few weeks the source who thinks it might be a few weeks away may be saying that they think it might be a few weeks more, just like they probably thought a few weeks ago. No one can take the FDA-approved vaccine in the US if they wanted to. If someone has to get vaccinated now by their employer they can't choose to take the FDA-approved vaccine.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 09:28:35 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 14, 2021, 09:33:16 PM »
What exactly is the issue here? There is supply already out there being used to vaccinate folks. Why would they be sending out re-labeled same formulation vaccines when the stuff is already out there.

Wrong. It's not the same formula. Maybe do some research before repeating falsities.

Maybe you should take your own advice. Why don't you explain to us how the presence of "optimized codons" changes the formulation that is still considered the same formulation by the FDA?

"The FDA-approved COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) and the EUA-authorized Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine have the same formulation and can be used interchangeably to provide the COVID-19 vaccination series.1"
https://www.fda.gov/media/144413/download

I'm sure you know a lot more about optimized codons than anyone here or at the FDA.

Comirnaty is also touted as "legally distinct", which may have legal ramification in the case of adverse events.

I'm sure it does. Probably means they can charge way more than $20 a jab for it too. Seems like the norm for big pharma.

I mean what's the difference between now and few weeks from now?

It being not available simply means that it's not available. In a few weeks they may be saying that they think it might be a few weeks more, just like they probably thought a few weeks ago. No one can take the FDA-approved vaccine in the US if they wanted to. If someone has to get vaccinated now by their employer they can't choose to take the FDA-approved vaccine.

Rather speculative..."In a few weeks, maybe they'll say in another few weeks..." and so on. Maybe. Speculation duly noted.

When my wife was mandated by her employer to get vaxxed, she couldn't choose J&J or Moderna because they weren't available. So what?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 14, 2021, 10:00:27 PM »
This is Dr. Robert Malone, inventor of mRNA vaccine technology. Worth a listen.

« Reply #755 on: September 14, 2021, 10:18:31 PM »
If that's worth a watch, then this is worth a read

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/08/robert-malone-vaccine-inventor-vaccine-skeptic/619734/

Too long to quote but suffice to say, I'm getting my 2nd shot of Pfizer today 8)

See you on www.sorryantivaxxer.com where I'll be sure to LOL at you

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 14, 2021, 10:29:22 PM »
If that's worth a watch, then this is worth a read

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/08/robert-malone-vaccine-inventor-vaccine-skeptic/619734/

Too long to quote but suffice to say, I'm getting my 2nd shot of Pfizer today 8)

See you on www.sorryantivaxxer.com where I'll be sure to LOL at you
The article you provide has a fkng strawman right off the bat:

"Robert Malone claims to have invented mRNA technology. Why is he trying so hard to undermine its use?"

He isn't trying to undermine the vaccine.

If you're going to continue in your habit of posting lies, you need to leave.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 14, 2021, 10:47:53 PM »

No, you're trying to make other people afraid. Obviously you're not afraid, you're railing against something your previously stated personal philosophy suggests you're actually indifferent to. That kind of makes your fearmongering worse.
IF you somehow believe I am indifferent to governmental interference regarding private medical decisions, then your beliefs are as unfounded as your intellect.

But why? If your opinion is we all die anyway so who cares how or how quickly, why does this even matter to you?

They're just beds, really. Nothing is being done to help them because they are going to die anyway.

It looks like life and well-being take on some significance when you think it supports your argument, but you don't give a shit about either when it doesn't. It's just hypocritical.

As an aside, are you okay with it when insurance companies make such private medical decisions for people? That's the system we have in this country now; insurance companies decide who lives or dies in many cases. Does that make you angry too?

Also I assume you're pro-choice?
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 14, 2021, 10:54:34 PM »

But why? If your opinion is we all die anyway so who cares how or how quickly, why does this even matter to you?

They're just beds, really. Nothing is being done to help them because they are going to die anyway.

It looks like life and well-being take on some significance when you think it supports your argument, but you don't give a shit about either when it doesn't. It's just hypocritical.

As an aside, are you okay with it when insurance companies make such private medical decisions for people? That's the system we have in this country now; insurance companies decide who lives or dies in many cases. Does that make you angry too?

Also I assume you're pro-choice?
Funny how you believe a statement of fact =opinion.

Insight is your friend.

Try to exercise that more than your feeble trolling.

Ivermectin now showing results in Africa,  Japan,  India.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 14, 2021, 11:16:45 PM »
You don't even want try to answer? Telling.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)