Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Reply #860 on: September 19, 2021, 11:01:21 AM »
Definition of vaccine - a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.
As soon as one is available, I can deal with it.

Ok, troll bait:
What part of the above definition is not part of the currently available vaccines?
I believe that is a question you can answer for yourself, okay troll bait?
Then the answe is: none of it. The above definition matches the current vaccines.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 19, 2021, 01:59:50 PM »
Definition of vaccine - a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

Ok, troll bait:
What part of the above definition is not part of the currently available vaccines?
Then the answe is: none of it. The above definition matches the current vaccines.
A demonstration of your lack of understanding is not helpful to you in any form or fashion.
No immunity for one.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 02:06:47 PM by Action80 »
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Rama Set

« Reply #862 on: September 19, 2021, 02:27:35 PM »
Not understanding that 100% immunity is impossible is a bigger problem. Literally no vaccine is 100% effective, but high vaccination rates combined with the high effectiveness of a vaccine can virtually eliminate a disease.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 02:31:36 PM by Rama Set »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 19, 2021, 07:27:28 PM »

Ok, troll bait:
A demonstration of your lack of understanding is not helpful to you in any form or fashion.
No immunity for one.
Is it because I'm not completely, 100% immune to the virus?  Because I don't know any vaccine that does that.  I mean, no matter what you have, a mesels virus can get into your body.  Your body will then destroy it very quickly, but it'll still infect you.  Thus, unless the vaccine alters your body so a virus is incapable of entering your body, you can't be immune in that manner.  Just... immune in the "I won't get sick" part if the virus has a longer gestation period.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 19, 2021, 08:46:32 PM »

Ok, troll bait:
No immunity for one.
Is it because I'm not completely, 100% immune to the virus?  Because I don't know any vaccine that does that.  I mean, no matter what you have, a mesels virus can get into your body.  Your body will then destroy it very quickly, but it'll still infect you.  Thus, unless the vaccine alters your body so a virus is incapable of entering your body, you can't be immune in that manner.  Just... immune in the "I won't get sick" part if the virus has a longer gestation period.
Oh, I see.

You don't like the process of defining words.

Carry on.

« Reply #865 on: September 19, 2021, 09:39:40 PM »
'covid test' is actually wrong. When people who are vaccinated against covid test 'positive', they don't have covid. They test positive to the presence of SARS Cov-2 virus.They really should be called SARS Cov-2 tests

Covid is the disease that the SARS Cov-2 virus gives you

The vaccine works and does its job as expected. People come into contact with the virus (evidenced by the positive test result) and almost all of them do not go on to develop the disease.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 20, 2021, 05:24:09 AM »

Ok, troll bait:
No immunity for one.
Oh, I see.

You don't like the process of defining words.

Carry on.
Kettle.  Pot.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 20, 2021, 10:04:59 AM »
'covid test' is actually wrong. When people who are vaccinated against covid test 'positive', they don't have covid. They test positive to the presence of SARS Cov-2 virus.They really should be called SARS Cov-2 tests

The vaccine works and does its job as expected. People come into contact with the virus (evidenced by the positive test result) and almost all of them do not go on to develop the disease.
A vaccine prevents infection.

Almost doesn't cut the mustard.

Rama Set

« Reply #868 on: September 20, 2021, 10:26:23 AM »

Vaccines do not prevent all infections. They prevent most symptomatic and contagious infection. Asymptomatic infection is impossible to prevent.

« Reply #869 on: September 20, 2021, 03:21:06 PM »

Not everyone who gets the vaccine can mount an effective immune response. Diseases, drugs to suppress the immune system because you may have a transplanted organ, pregnancy or being old that your body just doesn't work like it used to are reasons

Also how you behave before/after your vaccine shot can affect its efficacy. Alcohol and sleep deprevation for example can reduce its effectiveness

So in the billions of people getting the vaccine, you can bet there will be some that fall into these cohorts

Are you really this dense you wouldn't know? Wow

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #870 on: September 20, 2021, 04:02:18 PM »
If you can get the disease after the shot, then you are not being administered a vaccine.

Period.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 20, 2021, 04:24:40 PM »
If you can get the disease after the shot, then you are not being administered a vaccine.

Period.
Then what would you call an injection that provides your body with a blueprint to fight a disease to ensure its full effects don't hit you?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 20, 2021, 04:34:18 PM »
Additional evidence that they have made special rules for counting Covid deaths, differing from how other diseases are counted.

From a former death certificate clerk:

https://americanmind.org/salvo/a-covid-death-the-bureaucracy-decides/

Inside America’s mortality misinformation crisis.

I’m a former death certificate clerk. I’ve spent nearly 7 years in the funeral home industry and processed thousands of death certificates. I’m appalled that death certificate data is codified for use as our national mortality statistics.

~

COVID Death Reporting

But there was a change made this past year. Not a data capture reform for all the erroneous death diagnoses, and not even a data capture reform to improve reporting for all the infections that significantly impact our health before death. The CDC’s National Vital Statistics System (NVSS) rolled out the data capture red carpet for one—and only one—disease-causing pathogen: SARS-CoV-2.

On March 24th, 2020, only 11 days after the first pandemic-related lockdown started, and well before widespread testing was available, the NVSS gave hand-holding guidance to the medical certifiers, local registrars, and mortality statistics coders on precisely how they ought to spotlight COVID-19 as the underlying cause of death on death certificates. They boldly declared that COVID should be the underlying cause on a death certificate “more often than not,” even without laboratory confirmation of infection.  When they created this COVID alert in March, and followed up by releasing this COVID death recording guidance a few days later, we couldn’t have possibly had enough country-specific statistics to justify such a drastic departure in coding COVID deaths, compared to how other infectious disease fatalities are recorded.

So the NVSS actually dictated a belief to the community of death certificate medical certifiers and vital records registrars—our cause-of-death approval gatekeepers—before having any reasonable disease surveillance infrastructure established to support their claim of probability of undiagnosed COVID being the cause of death, greatly amplifying the perception of COVID mortality. This may have been against federal law on data collection changes, as this peer-reviewed research paper suggests: “Federal agencies that make changes to how they collect, publish, and analyze data without alerting the Federal Register and OMB [Office of Management and Budget] as a result are in violation of federal law.”

Furthermore, their COVID-19 death certifying guidance changed longstanding death certification protocols when it declared: “…reporting ‘COVID–19’due to ‘chronic obstructive pulmonary disease’ in Part I would be an illogical sequence as COPD cannot cause an infection, although it may increase susceptibility to or exacerbate an infection. In this instance, COVID–19 would be reported in Part I as the UCOD [underlying cause of death] and the COPD in Part II [as the contributory factor].”

The UCOD on a death certificate is what’s reported and tallied in our national mortality statistics as the reason that the death occurred. It is found on the last line of Part 1 on a death certificate.  What needs to be provided for a death certificate is a logical sequence of conditions that explain why the death has occurred, not a logical sequence as to why an infection has occurred. So relegating an important chronic condition that logically explains why someone has died of an infection that most people survive is a drastic departure from previous cause-of-death guidance.

Previously, the pre-existing condition that made a patient susceptible to death from an infection (i.e., quadriplegia, stroke (cerebrovascular accident), HIV or cystic fibrosis) was subsequently tallied in our mortality statistics as the reason for the death. But the new COVID-19 guidance advises the exact opposite: medical certifiers are now to report the infection as the UCOD and tally it in our mortality statistics, while simultaneously demoting the underlying chronic condition (e.g., COPD) into a section of the death certificate that doesn’t impact mortality statistics and holds less sway in science, medicine, public health and law.

Reporting death in this way foregrounds short term COVID illness as the cause of death, instead of reporting the underlying chronic illness as we have done in the past. This is another way how COVID mortality is being artificially amplified over any other cause of death.

Finally, yet another biased standard of boosting COVID mortality specific to this year’s very odd death tallying was PCR testing for SARS-CoV-2 carriage performed after death, including on people whose cause of death was suicide or car accidents and obviously not COVID-related at all. Testing for pathogen carriage after accidental death would have never been performed  in the past. Similarly, any at-home deaths that used to be chalked up to “atherosclerotic heart disease” without any investigation were now presumed COVID deaths. And nursing home clusters of deaths in the elderly—which, by the way, I used to regularly witness multiple times a year in my capacity as a death recording clerk from 2013 to 2019—were now opportunities to swab the dead to contribute to the COVID death toll in 2020, even without evidence of symptoms in the deceased.

As I mentioned previously, deaths that occurred in nursing homes and under hospice care almost always were attributed to the chronic condition that explained their decline in health—regardless of what final infection they suffered from…until now.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 04:57:21 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 20, 2021, 05:46:46 PM »
The same misreporting has been occurring in Canada. What a coincidence.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 06:02:55 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #874 on: September 20, 2021, 06:04:52 PM »
Oh God, that Pete Evans quack

The same muppet that tried to flog off some machine that could among other miraculous feats, cure you of the corona virus for $15K lol

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-24/pete-evans-fined-25000-by-tga-over-coronavirus-biocharger-claims/12183050

Celebrity chef Pete Evans has been fined more than $25,000 by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) over claims he made about a product called a "BioCharger".
Key points:

Evans said in a video: "It's programmed with a thousand different recipes and there's a couple in there for the Wuhan coronavirus."
    The TGA is focusing particularly on products claiming to treat coronavirus at the moment
    The product's page on Evans's website made it clear that it was purporting to be of therapeutic use

The "hybrid subtle energy revitalisation platform" came with a $14,990 price tag and claimed to "optimise and improve potential health, wellness and athletic performance" on Evans's website, but it appears to have been removed from the site.

The website claimed it replicates light, frequencies, harmonics, pulsed electromagnetic fields and voltage that are found in nature, for a variety of treatments.

It was brought to the attention of the TGA by a Facebook Live video that Evans posted on April 9, in which he said: "It's programmed with a thousand different recipes and there's a couple in there for the Wuhan coronavirus."

Dont worry Tom. Canada may amend their covid death count
https://www.cp24.com/news/covid-19-deaths-in-canada-may-be-two-times-higher-than-reported-study-1.5489622?cache=lbaijlxg
OTTAWA -- A new study suggests Canada has vastly underestimated how many people have died from COVID-19 and says the number could be two times higher than reported.

Dr. Tara Moriarty, working group lead for the study commissioned by the Royal Society of Canada, said in an interview while most accounts have put the majority of deaths in long-term care, the new data analysis suggests the toll of COVID-19 was also heavily felt outside the homes in the community.

Many of those deaths likely occurred in lower income, racialized communities and affected essential workers, new immigrants and people living in multigenerational homes, as well as clinically frail seniors living at home, the study says.

"If we'd had some sense early on of who was dying where, if we had had a sense of just how many deaths were actually occurring ... maybe people would have started looking sooner or listening sooner to people in communities who were saying, 'It's really really bad here, people are dying,"' Moriarty said.

"It might have provided support for those claims that might have caused some kind of action that would have saved lives."

Moriarty said seeing Canada out of step with similar high-income countries on the proportion of long-term care deaths was a red flag that inspired the analysis by the society.

The new peer-reviewed analysis casts doubt on the widely accepted assumption that 80 per cent of Canada's deaths due to COVID-19 occurred among older adult residents of long-term care homes.

Instead, it says at least two-thirds of deaths caused by COVID-19 in communities outside of long-term care may have been missed. That would put the proportion of deaths in long-term care at around 45 per cent, much closer to the average of 40 per cent reported by peer countries in the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development.

The conclusion is based on a review of reports of excess deaths across Canada, the pattern of COVID-19 fatalities during the pandemic and cremation data showing a significant spike in deaths at homes versus hospitals in 2020. It also relies on antibody surveillance testing that collectively unmasked the likely broad scope of undetected COVID-19 infections.

The researchers adjusted the data to account for things like increased deaths due to the drug toxicity crisis and the expected drop in deaths linked to the pandemic because of things like reduced traffic accident rates.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 06:12:47 PM by Shifter »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 20, 2021, 06:10:51 PM »
Peter Evans didn't say they were reporting deaths that way. Toronto Public Health did.

Also, it's not the celebrity chef Peter Evans in the comments:

https://twitter.com/peteevans66?lang=en

« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 07:02:53 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #876 on: September 20, 2021, 06:14:55 PM »
Peter Evans didn't say they were reporting deaths that way. Toronto Public Health did.

Also, it's not that Peter Evans:

LOL, I like how he makes a point of NOT being that loser aussie chef :)

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile

Rama Set

« Reply #878 on: September 20, 2021, 06:44:16 PM »

Period.

Cool, so you don't think vaccines exist at all.  Great.  So take the shot that makes you 95% effective at fighting off COVID.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 20, 2021, 06:47:10 PM »

Period.
Then what would you call an injection that provides your body with a blueprint to fight a disease to ensure its full effects don't hit you?
A prophylactic, similar to ivermectin or even hydroxychloroquine in effectiveness when it comes to outcome-based treatment.