Recent Posts

Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Trump
« Last post by Roundy on Today at 02:30:38 AM »
It's both sad and terrifying. It's become the rallying cry of a large chunk of an entire political party (constituents, media, and the politicians themselves) that every loss is a cheat. I'm not sure the Republican Party can truly be viewed as a democratic political party anymore. They keep veering closer and closer to full totalitarianism.
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Trump
« Last post by Rama Set on September 17, 2021, 11:46:29 PM »
Trump has made such a grift of suckering deranged conservatives that the culture produced Larry Elder. This moron had a website up, less than 12 hours after voting closed in the California recall, declaring he had proof of voter fraud. Clearly the plan was always to just assert fraud to inflame the fragile GOP base in to playing up their victimhood.
Flat Earth Theory / Re: I have some questions for FE
« Last post by AlephNull on September 17, 2021, 10:45:31 PM »
1. What about the coverture of the earth you can see with your own eyes? --> this is urban legend, there is no curvature that can be seen
2. What about the astronauts that have been to space and saw the round earth? --> they are hypnotized / mind controlled, like Manchurian candidate
3. Why is the government lying about the earth's shape? --> who knows, I think it relates to mind control - if they can convince ppl of a lie about earth's shape they can convince ppl of anything else
4. How do you feel about the constant ridicule of flat earthers? --> there will always be sheep who refuse to think for themselves and ask questions, that is human nature
5. How do the natural forces of nature come into play? --> Forces like electricity are not same thing as gravity - gravity is fake but electricity is real, that is separate issue.
6. How do you feel when school teaches a round earth? --> when ppl grow up they can think for themselves
Flat Earth Investigations / Re: Civilians in Space
« Last post by DuncanDoenitz on September 17, 2021, 10:44:30 PM »
@A80; Airplane has conceded that his initial posts were just studio publicity material. 

Do you want to address the actual issue here, or just continue with the bayonet practice on his straw man. 

I've just watched the video and I'm curious to know how you think they faked this.  Remember, this isn't NASA.  Shoot, it isn't even SpaceX; its a billionaire and 3 guests who've Uber-ed a Crew Dragon.  Its a Lad's Amsterdam-Weekend.  Only its in space. 
Flat Earth Theory / Re: Apollo and Moon Orbits on FE
« Last post by AlephNull on September 17, 2021, 10:41:27 PM »
First they don't do construction in Antarctica so that was straight up fabrication. Also there may not be an ice all per ce - just like a continent that is circular , enclosing our known world - cross over the continent and you come to the infinite ocean plane, and there may be other worlds out there like our own, tiling this ocean plane at odd intervals, to all infinity. We have not been "back" to the moon b/c that was an expensive scam to film, lol. And only CIA  / military etc. can get to Antarctica b/c they are in on the coverup.
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Terrible Political Memes
« Last post by Tom Bishop on September 17, 2021, 08:41:25 PM »
Flat Earth Theory / Re: Will Inspiration4 convince Flat Earth believers?
« Last post by stack on September 17, 2021, 08:23:24 PM »
30 hours of silence from the Inspiration4 crew after the launch. Only a few pictures of the crew in the dragon capsule. No non-fisheye-lens images of earth. They aren't giving me what I'd hoped for to have a conversation in this forum on this topic. Still waiting...

SpaceX announced that the crew would give a live update from space at 5 p.m. Eastern time. That will be shown on YouTube:

Inspiration4 | In-Flight Update with the Crew

According to the NYT, they've been talking to ground control (obviously) and:

- The crew answered questions from cancer patients at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis. St. Jude released recorded excerpts from the chat on Twitter.
- The crew members also had a call with the actor Tom Cruise.

Tom Cruise? I guess maybe because he is supposed to go up to the ISS to film some bits for MI 100, or whatever they're up to now. Why the otherwise radio silence? Anyone's guess. My guess is that Elon's sense of promotion is to not flood the airwaves with updates, but create big splashes with just a few so the world begs for more and stays intrigued.
« Last post by Airplane on September 17, 2021, 07:22:24 PM »
"What Crew Mission" was a comment you had posted earlier within this thread.
In response to the promotional photos being passed off as crew mission photos by the OP.
I can only gather from your comment that you were implying that the crew mission that went to space never happened.
I keep trying to encourage you to either improve your gathering skills or remain off the board.

Cause neither one is working.
Which is prompting my question back to you: what observation evidence / research can you provide that shows that when the Inspiration 4 crew rocket launched, that the Mission did not exist.
Which prompt my response back to you.

Quit strawmanning and gaslighting.

Just to be clear I wasn't intentionally trying to pass the promotional materials off as real, also to the best of my knowledge neither has SpaceX. When looking for photos from the mission I found those first and mistook them for mission photos. It was an honest mistake and I would like for it to not derail the discussion.

There are plenty of mission photos posted by SpaceX now. It would be much more interesting to discuss those photos rather than focus on my initial mistake.

« Last post by Action80 on September 17, 2021, 06:47:11 PM »
In response to the promotional photos being passed off as crew mission photos by the OP.
I can only gather from your comment that you were implying that the crew mission that went to space never happened.
I keep trying to encourage you to either improve your gathering skills or remain off the board.

Cause neither one is working.
Which is prompting my question back to you: what observation evidence / research can you provide that shows that when the Inspiration 4 crew rocket launched, that the Mission did not exist.
Which prompt my response back to you.

Quit strawmanning and gaslighting.
« Last post by GoldCashew on September 17, 2021, 06:28:04 PM »
I would disagree that my critical thought questions back to you is any form of gaslighting and being disengenuous and I think you know it isn't as well.
As usual, you are wrong and I am right.
You and I both entered into this thread. You started by saying Baaawww it's fake.
Wrong, as in here^

Please point out in my initial post where I claimed anything was fake.

If you cannot, apologize for lying.
I am merely asking a basic critical thought question in reply to your response to the OP which is what observational evidence or research can you provide to show that it was all faked?
I never claimed it was all fake.

That is an instance of you strawmanning and gaslighting.
Promotional materials don't equate to something being fake, although I understand it can be tempting to use as a basis for arguing for a conspiracy. I am just challenging you to provide evidence and research findings for fakery occurring.

The video that I provided included views from the Cupola back to Earth and views of a Cupola on the ISS back to Earth with curvature.
The video you provided was not from the SpaceX mission.

More posted lies.